Periphery -- Lansing, MI -- September 19th, 2014
Otherwise -- Sturtevant, WI -- September 19th, 2014
Eluveitie -- Baltimore, MD -- September 19th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Album Reviews

Old 12-30-2013, 04:40 PM
Smoke Satan, Worship Crack

Quote:
Originally Posted by larvtard View Post

The sound of your suburbanite ass on PCP.

Stream on bandcamp. Feral, grinding hardcore punk. I particularly like "On Paper."
Love it, thanks!
Old 12-30-2013, 05:17 PM
and you can never quarantine the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by christopher View Post
Love it, thanks!
No problem! I think you'll also like this. I may do a brief write-up later.

The rats have been climbing out of the sewers. Infecting all of Manhattan with their grime and HIV.

Listen to "Lights Out" on soundcloud.
Old 12-30-2013, 07:56 PM
Hagbard Celine, H.M., S.H.

I'm very unfamiliar with most of these albums. I will try to remedy that.

Your tastes certainly seem to have changed over the past couple of years. You are listening to new and different things now.
Old 12-30-2013, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by illuminatus917 View Post
I'm very unfamiliar with most of these albums. I will try to remedy that.

Your tastes certainly seem to have changed over the past couple of years. You are listening to new and different things now.
It's funny you say that, because I'm pretty much just getting all the metal out of the way right now. Sometimes I wonder if most people's music tastes change at such a rapid pace. I guess I'm just exposing myself to everything, and finding that I like a lot of what I hear.

Waking up, but not able to open my eyes; I'm stuck in a dream. It's frustrating. I need to get out of bed! But I can't... I can't do it... and that's okay, I think. There must be a reason for this. Or maybe not. But in all honesty (and maybe I'm speaking in dishonesty, but why does it concern you?), it doesn't matter. It feels nice. A tender embrace... floating over the urban decay... the possibilities are limitless. And yet I could just stay in bed, and that would be fine, too. I don't know how to articulate this... do you? Who am I speaking to again? Oh right, myself. That's cool.

"The Weight of Gold" on soundcloud. In all seriousness, I haven't listened to anything so oddly comforting in its trippy melancholy since Endtroducing.
Old 12-30-2013, 08:52 PM
You can't save me any more than you can save yourself, so stop fucking trying

Your reviews are awesome.
11/30 - Devin Townsend
12/06 - Distant Worlds: the Music of Final Fantasy
Old 12-30-2013, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamclark52 View Post
Thank you, sir.

Hey mom? Dad? I wanted to thank you. For bringing me into this world. I know that's a pretty weird thing to thank your parents for, but I feel like all my life I've been harboring this hate in my heart, this resentment towards you guys for giving birth to me, bringing me here against my will. I think that's what bothered me most, y'know? You never asked me what I wanted. If I even wanted to be born. I used to think of you guys as selfish, but I see now that's not the case. Things are never that black and white.

But with that being said - I'm done. Thanks for raising me - you didn't have to do it, but you did, and I appreciate it - but I have no reason to stick around. I've figured out my purpose, y'know? Why I'm here on Earth. It's to establish the ideal society - a society with no silly gender distinctions or greedy capitalist fucks who wouldn't hesitate to kick the downtrodden so they can reach a higher rung on the ladder. Why exactly are these people in charge of us, anyway? What gives one human the right to claim moral and legal authority over another human? Answer me! Oh, that's right... you can't. You see, this is why I'm severing ties. I'll always love you guys, but right now you're standing in the way of my ideological journey, and that's just not going to fly. So I guess this is goodbye, then.

Full album on youtube
Old 12-31-2013, 08:22 AM

Have you ever felt a sudden, passing sensation of excitement, a shudder of emotion from an epic moment of a song, or a climax of a movie? That is what is called "frisson", a word rooted from the French word meaning "Goosebumps" or "Shiver". It is a physical reaction.

sonder
n. the realization that each random passerby is living a life as vivid and complex as your own—populated with their own ambitions, friends, routines, worries and inherited craziness—an epic story that continues invisibly around you like an anthill sprawling deep underground, with elaborate passageways to thousands of other lives that you’ll never know existed, in which you might appear only once, as an extra sipping coffee in the background, as a blur of traffic passing on the highway, as a lighted window at dusk.
Old 12-31-2013, 08:56 AM

"How long has it been? 9 months? A year? I wouldn't be entirely surprised if it's only been three weeks. Solitary confinement fucks you up, man. Humans aren't meant to live like this. In my time outside the prison walls, I had been a hermit - but nothing like this. I always thought the SHU was this place where it's pitch-black all the time, and I was absolutely terrified - but now that I've been in here a while, I'm comfortable saying that I'd much rather be in that room. If I ever get out of here, I'm never going into the sun again. Not that I'd be able to see it with my eyes now. I'd love to say you'll get used to it, but it's a lie. You never get used to this light. 'Blinding' is a cliche. It tells me that there is a world out there, but they've chosen to not let me be a part of it. There's no worse feeling.

"...You there, man?

"Shit."

ashtray eyes
Old 12-31-2013, 09:02 AM
You can't save me any more than you can save yourself, so stop fucking trying

Correction, your reviews are fucking awesome!
11/30 - Devin Townsend
12/06 - Distant Worlds: the Music of Final Fantasy
Old 12-31-2013, 09:47 AM
Hagbard Celine, H.M., S.H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by larvtard View Post
"The Weight of Gold" on soundcloud. In all seriousness, I haven't listened to anything so oddly comforting in its trippy melancholy since Endtroducing.
That was an incredible listen.

I'd never heard of Tri-anglerecords before. I think a purchase from there is in order in the near future. That Forest Swords album without a doubt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamclark52 View Post
I agree. These blurbs are descriptions of what's in your mind while you listen to the music. That's far more interesting - to me - than describing, genrefying, dissecting the music, etc.