Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Arsis -- West Springfield, VA -- September 1st, 2014
Deep Purple -- Orlando, FL -- August 30th, 2014
Dropdead -- Scottsdale, AZ -- August 30th, 2014
Chevelle -- Wallingford, CT -- August 30th, 2014
Morbid Saint -- Riverview, MI -- August 30th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Misinformation and Propaganda

Old 12-27-2013, 11:28 PM
Resident old fart

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindGuardian93 View Post
New album is streaming on Spotify.

Pretty damn good
Ahead of the release? That's kind of odd, but cool. I know bands do that sometimes, but not usually on Spotify where it's good quality and stuff.
Old 12-28-2013, 06:25 AM
Concert Veteran

The album has leaked. This is way ahead of schedule, almost a month until it's supposed to be released in North America. Maybe there's an earlier release date in Europe? Usually when albums leak this far in advance that's the case. Of course, streaming the whole album on Spotify probably helped the leak to come faster.
Old 01-06-2014, 03:19 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanitarium78 View Post
The album has leaked. This is way ahead of schedule, almost a month until it's supposed to be released in North America. Maybe there's an earlier release date in Europe? Usually when albums leak this far in advance that's the case. Of course, streaming the whole album on Spotify probably helped the leak to come faster.
I'm almost positive its a Spotify rip, but anways, it's pretty fuckin awesome, alot more memorable and epic then they last one, probably the best since Horror Show.

Plus I guess Hansi from Blind Guardian does the background vocals on like 5 songs
Old 01-06-2014, 05:36 PM
Play it loud, don't play it low

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alduin View Post

Plus I guess Hansi from Blind Guardian does the background vocals on like 5 songs
Yuck.
Old 01-07-2014, 08:29 AM
Meanwhile, behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore...

Quote:
it's pretty fuckin awesome, alot more memorable and epic then they last one, probably the best since Horror Show.
Totally disagree. It's Iced Earth by numbers. Pretty boring. I was really hoping they'd try some new stuff.

'Parasite' is pretty sweet. The rest... just meh. There are several songs which kick off with great intros and just when I think it's going to turn into an interesting song it just drops everything cool about the start and goes into ordinary Iced Earth stuff.

And Highwayman just plain sucks

7/9 Pentagram
16/9 Richie Kotzen
19/9 Kamchatka

Last edited by ravenheart; 01-07-2014 at 08:37 AM.
Old 01-07-2014, 02:07 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenheart View Post
Totally disagree. It's Iced Earth by numbers. Pretty boring. I was really hoping they'd try some new stuff.

'Parasite' is pretty sweet. The rest... just meh. There are several songs which kick off with great intros and just when I think it's going to turn into an interesting song it just drops everything cool about the start and goes into ordinary Iced Earth stuff.

And Highwayman just plain sucks

I feel like they experimented a bit with the verses on the first half of the album, but most of the choruses are pretty bland. I still like this album a hell of alot more then the last one, at least there is nothing as vomit worthy as Anguish of Youth
Old 01-07-2014, 03:30 PM

Quote:
I feel like they experimented a bit with the verses on the first half of the album, but most of the choruses are pretty bland. I still like this album a hell of alot more then the last one, at least there is nothing as vomit worthy as Anguish of Youth
I think they tried out far more new verse melodies on Dystopia. And at least that album actually had choruses. Half of this album starts bland, has no hook, and ends bland. The rest start great, have no hooks, and end bland. It's Iced Earth tribute band stuff.

Highwaymen is far worse than Anguish of Youth (which is actually a pretty decent song, different style for them, just let down by cheesy lyrics). I can't actually think of many Iced Earth songs from any album that are worse than Highwaymen.

They're lucky The Crucible of Man also sucked. At least that means there was no streak for this album to ruin.

7/9 Pentagram
16/9 Richie Kotzen
19/9 Kamchatka

Last edited by ravenheart; 01-07-2014 at 03:39 PM.
Old 01-08-2014, 12:30 PM
Concert Veteran

I think this album is pretty good. The only song I don't care for is "If I Could See You". Really bad, sappy ballad right there. Yeah, they aren't breaking much new ground here, but I don't expect them to at this point. All I want is for Iced Earth to be Iced Earth and deliver another solid album and that's what they did here. This album doesn't have the same energy as Dystopia. That album was truly a rebirth for the band, but just because Plagues isn't on the same level as Dystopia doesn't mean it's a bad album.
Old 01-09-2014, 02:32 AM

Not being as good as Dystopia would be acceptable. But being boring isn't.

7/9 Pentagram
16/9 Richie Kotzen
19/9 Kamchatka
Old 01-09-2014, 05:13 AM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenheart View Post
Not being as good as Dystopia would be acceptable. But being boring isn't.
I don't find it boring at all. How many times have you listened to it so far? It took me five or six to really start getting into it.