Satan -- Toronto, Ontario -- October 17th, 2014
Deicide -- Kansas City, MO -- October 17th, 2014

Old 08-24-2005, 11:34 PM
N00B

Gigantour -- Holmdel, NJ -- August 24th, 2005

Venue: PNC Bank Arts Center

Just a quick overview of how everything went:

It was fucking awesome.

Oh, and as for the individual bands... more or less in the order they performed...

Bobaflex- What the fuck? Nu-metal fucking idiots. They sucked hard.

Nevermore - They were quite awesome, but not many people were around to see them We arrived about halfway through their set, which was a big disappointment, because we were a bit confused as to the general proceedings of the festival after the shittiness that was Bobaflex.

Dillinger Escape Plan - Listened to their bullshit for about 30 seconds, then went to the second stage to wait for Symphony X.

Symphony X - They kicked some serious ass. Russell Allen seemed really happy with the turnout and the enthusiasm presented by the audience, he kept interrupting his own between-song theatrics to humbly let us know what a great time he was having. I was so excited to see these guys

Dry Kill Logic - Heard them in the background as we walked around or something, can't really remember. Stupid nuhardcore crap.

Fear Factory - They were pretty good, I've never minded them despite their mallcore leanings. We had to get up maybe 1/3 of the way through their set to get on line for the Megadeth meet & greet.

Life of Agony - I'm just gonna assume they played at this point. We were too far from the second stage while waiting to meet Deth, so we didn't hear them at all. Doubt we missed much.

Sometime around this point, we made it to Megadeth's meet & greet tent. Dave commented on my Thor's hammer necklace as he was signing my copy of Back to the Start, and we had a chat of about 3 sentences about it. Dave may have a huge ego and I may just be falling victim to childish adoration, but you cannot imagine how gratifying it is to speak with a Metal legend about something personal, no matter how briefly it is.

Anyhow...

Dream Theater - Eh. I guess they put on a pretty good show, they seemed pretty energetic and into what they were doing. Lardy seemed to enjoy it But to be honest I put in my earplugs, reclined in my seat, and just kinda dozed/sent txt messages to friends and whatnot. Haha.

Megadeth - Fucking ruled. Not really much to say except that they were all basically on top of their game and they ripped right through a great set of old and new Deth material. Dave was pretty gracious, though he explained early in their set that they didn't have much time to play and therefore wouldn't waste our time talking to us I felt drunk on sheer power as we left the arena

Last edited by es156; 04-17-2010 at 05:50 PM. Reason: Moved the venue info from the thread title.
Old 08-24-2005, 11:35 PM
N00B

Here are the awful awful photos I took with my cell phone--I can't explain the difference in image sizes, but whatever, they're so bad that it doesn't matter. Wait for Lards' review for good pics.

Nevermore

Symphony X (well, really just Russell Allen)

Megadeth (just Dave really)

In this last pic, you can make out Dave and Glen Drover dual-leading...

That's it for now!
Old 08-24-2005, 11:38 PM
N00B

Oh, I forgot, here are two pics I snapped of Sir Steve himself:

Whilst waiting to meet Megadeth I believe:

Looking quite metal while waiting for Deth to take the stage:

Old 08-25-2005, 07:28 AM
MY LEG!!

Excellent I'm gonna start my review in a minute
Old 08-25-2005, 08:02 AM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by overkiller

Dream Theater - to be honest I put in my earplugs, reclined in my seat, and just kinda dozed/sent txt messages to friends and whatnot. Haha.

Lame-o

Glad it was cool guys
Old 08-25-2005, 10:48 AM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADD
Lame-o
Yeah I felt kinda guilty having such a severe lack of interest.
Old 08-25-2005, 02:53 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by overkiller
Yeah I felt kinda guilty having such a severe lack of interest.

Tags
bobaflex, dream theater, dry kill logic, fear factory, life of agony, megadeth, nevermore, symphony x, the dillinger escape plan