Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Sadistic Intent -- Downey, CA -- December 21st, 2013
Thy Art Is Murder -- Sydney, Australia -- December 19th, 2014
Intronaut -- West Hollywood, CA -- December 19th, 2014
Cannabis Corpse -- Chicago, IL -- December 17th, 2014
Kreator -- London, England -- December 18th, 2014

  #281  
Old 12-10-2013, 02:28 PM
Ommie Ommie is offline
Tinnitus
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 1,009
Quote:
Originally Posted by PVH5150 View Post
Because movie studios know that the general public will eat it up like the fucking morons they are.
People still care about those movies?
__________________
12/9 ETID
1/9 Comeback Kid
2/1 August Burns Red
Reply With Quote
  #282  
Old 12-10-2013, 02:38 PM
PVH5150's Avatar
PVH5150 PVH5150 is offline
Dave Meniketti is God.
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Somerville, MA
Posts: 3,390
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ommie View Post
People still care about those movies?
NA Box Office stats
1: $108 million
2: $85 million
3: $105 million
4: $54 million

While the 4th one shows a steep drop off, 54 mil is nothing to sneeze at. But of course, you can't polish a turd.
Reply With Quote
  #283  
Old 12-13-2013, 06:20 AM
Maideneer's Avatar
Maideneer Maideneer is online now
The infection has been removed, the soul of this machine has improved!
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 1,969
Just did the midnight showing of the Hobbit Part 2...AWESOME. So many dark elements and really a lot better than Part 1. I kinda wanna go back later to the theater and see it again. Anyone else?
Reply With Quote
  #284  
Old 12-13-2013, 06:37 AM
adamclark52's Avatar
adamclark52 adamclark52 is offline
with his arms outstretched
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Keswick, Ontario
Posts: 5,278
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maideneer View Post
Just did the midnight showing of the Hobbit Part 2...AWESOME. So many dark elements and really a lot better than Part 1. I kinda wanna go back later to the theater and see it again. Anyone else?
I'm going tonight, can't fucking wait and you saying it's so good makes me even more excited. MA-FUCKING FRODO! (No spoilers yet please).
__________________
http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=25777

12/27 -- Unearth/Protest the Hero
03/07 -- Video Games Live
07/06 -- U2
Reply With Quote
  #285  
Old 12-13-2013, 06:55 AM
Maideneer's Avatar
Maideneer Maideneer is online now
The infection has been removed, the soul of this machine has improved!
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 1,969
Won't give anything away but this destroys the first movie and I swear to god I don't know how I'm gonna wait one year to see the finale. And oh btw, thank god I did not see this in 3D...my head would have exploded and I would have gotten sick. It always looked like Steve Harris edits the action scenes. Yea, there's some little silly parts that are a stretch too unbelievable, but it is a fantasy film so it's forgiven.

Last edited by Maideneer; 12-13-2013 at 07:02 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #286  
Old 12-13-2013, 08:40 AM
adamclark52's Avatar
adamclark52 adamclark52 is offline
with his arms outstretched
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Keswick, Ontario
Posts: 5,278
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maideneer View Post
Won't give anything away but this destroys the first movie and I swear to god I don't know how I'm gonna wait one year to see the finale. And oh btw, thank god I did not see this in 3D...my head would have exploded and I would have gotten sick. It always looked like Steve Harris edits the action scenes. Yea, there's some little silly parts that are a stretch too unbelievable, but it is a fantasy film so it's forgiven.
Uh oh, I'm going to a 3D showing.

I've been pumped for the last month or so, ever since I realized it was almost time. I'm going by myself tonight but I my go with my wife in a few more weeks again.
__________________
http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=25777

12/27 -- Unearth/Protest the Hero
03/07 -- Video Games Live
07/06 -- U2
Reply With Quote
  #287  
Old 12-13-2013, 08:59 AM
Maideneer's Avatar
Maideneer Maideneer is online now
The infection has been removed, the soul of this machine has improved!
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 1,969
I don't wanna frighten you about it, I'm just saying as a personal matter, I physically can't handle 3D movies because they make me dizzy and full of headaches. It's a very busy movie and 15 minutes in I said to myself I'm glad this isn't in 3D, I would have left.

I went by myself last night, the wife refuses to go with me...LOTR and Hobbit are sorta my things alone, she hates them with a passion. Drives her nuts when I marathon it and stick the LOTR extended versions on during a lazy Saturday and basically take 12 hours for myself in another world completely ignoring her .
Reply With Quote
  #288  
Old 12-13-2013, 10:52 AM
adamclark52's Avatar
adamclark52 adamclark52 is offline
with his arms outstretched
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Keswick, Ontario
Posts: 5,278
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maideneer View Post
I don't wanna frighten you about it, I'm just saying as a personal matter, I physically can't handle 3D movies because they make me dizzy and full of headaches. It's a very busy movie and 15 minutes in I said to myself I'm glad this isn't in 3D, I would have left.

I went by myself last night, the wife refuses to go with me...LOTR and Hobbit are sorta my things alone, she hates them with a passion. Drives her nuts when I marathon it and stick the LOTR extended versions on during a lazy Saturday and basically take 12 hours for myself in another world completely ignoring her .
I prefer going by myself too. My wife has the uncanny ability to always talk at the worst time during movies. Case in point, right after Gandalf falls off the Bridge of Kazah-dun and it gets all sad with that great music she'll always ask something stupid like, "he comes back, right" or "what did he say".
__________________
http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=25777

12/27 -- Unearth/Protest the Hero
03/07 -- Video Games Live
07/06 -- U2
Reply With Quote
  #289  
Old 12-13-2013, 12:08 PM
TheWildAndTheYoung's Avatar
TheWildAndTheYoung TheWildAndTheYoung is offline
I'm Young, I'm Wild, And I'm Free
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 2,293
Just got back from the Hobbit, and this is what I think of it: MOVIE OF THE WHOLE FREAKIN' YEAR!

I have made up my mind that Legolas is the best character in the history of movies (IMO), he and Tauriel both had some of the best fight scenes I've ever seen, and I love seeing more duel-wield blade action from him.
__________________
8/16 - Motley Crue/Alice Cooper
9/27 - Styx
Reply With Quote
  #290  
Old 12-13-2013, 01:58 PM
Maideneer's Avatar
Maideneer Maideneer is online now
The infection has been removed, the soul of this machine has improved!
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 1,969
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamclark52 View Post
she'll always ask something stupid like, "he comes back, right" or "what did he say".


Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 10:16 AM.


Blah Blah Blah Copyright WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM 2008