Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Queen -- Columbia, MD -- July 20th, 2014
Deathwish Fest -- Cambridge, MA -- July 22nd, 2014
Queen -- Boston, MA -- July 22nd, 2014
Devourment -- Rochester, NY -- July 21st, 2014
Nine Inch Nails -- Morrison, CO -- July 21st, 2014

Old 11-12-2013, 08:32 AM
not the mama

I don't even see how you're missing my point. I clearly wrote.

Quote:
The first few episodes consisted of nothing but introducing characters just to kill them off by the end while the main characters just kinda had to deal with it. The audience isn't given enough time to appreciate the new characters and none of the main characters did anything relevant."
followed by

Quote:
Last nights episode for me was the only episode that succeeded in finally giving the audience a reason to care for the woodsbury people while some of the main characters finally get some support.
My point being that all the episodes before last nights episode barely had any relevance in leading up to the "big payoff" that you claim this weeks episode was. This weeks episode did everything right by finally giving the audience reasons to sympathize with the woodsbury people by putting one of the main characters in direct danger with them.

Do you really think what they did with Carrol was relevant to last nights episode? She could have very well been alongside Herschel the entire time and the audience could have sympathized more with her supposed stance on protecting the group at all costs.
Old 11-12-2013, 09:43 AM
I'm reaching out for something else.

This season of The Walking Dead has easily been the best of the series. The show finally gets character development and no one cares

Last nights episode was great, especially Hershel questioning his faith.
Old 11-18-2013, 12:09 PM
PAAAAAAANTURRRUUUHHHHHH!! !!!!

Well last nights episode sure was a bit of a sudden slow down! I am cool with side stories and flashback/catch up with other character plots, but I feel they could have done it much better. Don't really like what they did with the Governor, but hopefully he will snap soon and become interesting (i know, judgy judgy after one episode with him, sorry).

That little girl was so adorible though

- Funeral Age
facebook.com/funeralageofficial
funeralage.bandcamp.com
Old 11-23-2013, 06:35 AM
Concert Veteran

The Governor's human side seems to be awakened now that he has a "family" again. While they never came straight out and said it on the show, I thought it was always implied that The Governor was a decent man before losing his wife and daughter sent him over the edge. His want for revenge against the people at the prison, especially Michonne, will bring the evil Governor back. I don't think we have to worry about him being all nice for too long.
Old 11-25-2013, 12:15 PM

Welp, good to see The Gov' back! I knew it would happen, but it was a bit of a surprise. I fell asleep during a small section near the end, but caught the very very end, hope I didn't miss much.

I guess the next episode is the mid-season finale, so I hope they bring it!

- Funeral Age
funeralage.bandcamp.com
Old 11-26-2013, 12:31 PM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by John The Drummer View Post
Welp, good to see The Gov' back! I knew it would happen, but it was a bit of a surprise. I fell asleep during a small section near the end, but caught the very very end, hope I didn't miss much.

I guess the next episode is the mid-season finale, so I hope they bring it!
They'll bring it. The Governor has a tank now
Old 12-02-2013, 12:29 PM

Without going into too much detail for those that haven't seen it yet...

DAMN!

I was not expecting either of the major deaths... that whole last 15 or so minutes was just intense. The very end with Judith.... man... I really want to see what actually happened... can February come any faster?

- Funeral Age
funeralage.bandcamp.com
Old 12-02-2013, 05:10 PM
Concert Veteran

As someone who read the comic I was expecting a major death or two with this episode. In the comic, Tyreese gets his head chopped off by The Governor, not Herschel. Still, once again they take a great character and kill them off. I'm not sure how the show is better off without Herschel? At least it could be fun to see the group on the run again and trying to find another place to live in the second half of the season.

They really left it wide open when it came to what happened to Judith. As of right now we don't know for sure but they made sure that the audience was thinking the worst had happened to her at the end.

I like the smile Herschel gave when Rick was negotiating with the Governor. It seemed like the old Rick was coming back and Herschel knew everything would be OK.

Overall, it was a great episode. The zombie population seems to be getting bigger. They pop out of everywhere now.
Old 12-02-2013, 05:29 PM
N00B

I was very pleased with this episode. I really haven't fully enjoyed the walking dead since season 1 but this episode gives me a lot of hope. Maybe one of their best episodes
Sidewise- 8/9
Soufly- 8/11
Decrepit Birth-8/14
Gemini Syndrome- 8/16
Hellyeah-8/22
Battlecross-10/5
Old 12-03-2013, 12:19 PM

I was expecting something huge.... just not Hersey Bar or the Gov geting offed though! It'll be great to see what kind of trouble they get into now that he's out of the picture... he was the one that was really keeping them together, IMO.

I am sure Judith is ok and one of the people in the group that made it out in the bus grabbed her.

- Funeral Age
funeralage.bandcamp.com