Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Electric Light Orchestra -- London, England -- September 14th, 2014
Skeletonwitch -- West Springfield, VA -- September 12th, 2014
KISS -- Lake Oswego, OR -- September 14th, 2014
Richie Kotzen -- London, England -- September 16th, 2014
King Crimson -- Boston, MA -- September 15th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 11-24-2013, 07:27 AM
The infection has been removed, the soul of this machine has improved!

Overkill is only doing 13 songs this tour too. It's a co-headline with Kreator, but still. I feel like we fans are paying more and more and are getting less and less. I used to routinely go to national headliner shows like Megadeth, Maiden, Metallica, Slayer where the standard was 18+ songs and ticket prices were normal (I paid $10, face value btw to see Bruce Dickinson at a hole in the wall in NYC for the Accident of Birth tour, he played 15 songs).

Now it's like reducing the size of the Big Mac while jacking up the price by 50%. It's so frustrating I can't describe it. No Megadeth show should be anywhere near $40 for 13 songs. But from the band point of view, they are working smart, not hard. If you had to put in a shorter work day but bring in double pay, I'd do it too.
Old 11-24-2013, 08:35 AM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maideneer View Post
Overkill is only doing 13 songs this tour too. It's a co-headline with Kreator, but still. I feel like we fans are paying more and more and are getting less and less. I used to routinely go to national headliner shows like Megadeth, Maiden, Metallica, Slayer where the standard was 18+ songs and ticket prices were normal (I paid $10, face value btw to see Bruce Dickinson at a hole in the wall in NYC for the Accident of Birth tour, he played 15 songs).

Now it's like reducing the size of the Big Mac while jacking up the price by 50%. It's so frustrating I can't describe it. No Megadeth show should be anywhere near $40 for 13 songs. But from the band point of view, they are working smart, not hard. If you had to put in a shorter work day but bring in double pay, I'd do it too.
I understand getting a shorter set when it's a co-headlining but Megadeth is the headliner for this tour. It's just unacceptable for a band that's been around for almost 30 years with their catalog to play only 13 songs. Maybe they are working smarter not harder but with the amount of touring they've been doing the last few years, I wonder how much money they're really bringing in from ticket sales? Gigantour sold like shit and I doubt this tour is doing that great for them. In the past year they've tour North America at least three times. The CTE 20th anniversary tour, Gigantour and now this one. There's just no way that Megadeth is that strong of a concert draw today.

I wonder what the true reason is behind their endless touring over the last 3 or 4 years?
Old 11-24-2013, 08:55 AM
Long live Ronnie James Dio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanitarium78 View Post
I understand getting a shorter set when it's a co-headlining but Megadeth is the headliner for this tour. It's just unacceptable for a band that's been around for almost 30 years with their catalog to play only 13 songs. Maybe they are working smarter not harder but with the amount of touring they've been doing the last few years, I wonder how much money they're really bringing in from ticket sales? Gigantour sold like shit and I doubt this tour is doing that great for them. In the past year they've tour North America at least three times. The CTE 20th anniversary tour, Gigantour and now this one. There's just no way that Megadeth is that strong of a concert draw today.

I wonder what the true reason is behind their endless touring over the last 3 or 4 years?
God has promised him an eternal life.
Old 11-24-2013, 09:24 AM
N00B

I wish I could see them in Madison tonight, especially with Tornado Of Souls in the set. I wish they would have played that when I saw them on Gigantour this past summer in Milwaukee. I'm surprised they're not playing more off Super Collider though, since now they're headlining with only two opening bands.
Old 11-24-2013, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by velvetgrass View Post
I wish I could see them in Madison tonight, especially with Tornado Of Souls in the set. I wish they would have played that when I saw them on Gigantour this past summer in Milwaukee. I'm surprised they're not playing more off Super Collider though, since now they're headlining with only two opening bands.
I think Dave's aware that Jesus Christ himself hates Pooper Collider.
Old 11-24-2013, 09:41 AM
"I call it torture you call it life. A slave to money and everything I despise"

Wow, what a ripoff. How Megadeth even gets any crowd these days blows my mind. Short setlist consisting of the same songs they've been playing for way too long. Plus they've come around so many times recently. And for me I don't wanna give Dave Mustaine any of my money so he can stand onstage and say a bunch of bullshit.
10/11 Tom and Boot Boys
10/21 Dead Congregation
10/26 Pallbearer
Old 11-24-2013, 09:43 AM
The infection has been removed, the soul of this machine has improved!

Quote:
Originally Posted by energymetal14 View Post
And for me I don't wanna give Dave Mustaine any of my money so he can stand onstage and say a bunch of bullshit.
Um, he's been doing that since 1985.
Old 11-24-2013, 09:47 AM
"I call it torture you call it life. A slave to money and everything I despise"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maideneer View Post
Um, he's been doing that since 1985.
I guess you're right.
10/11 Tom and Boot Boys
10/21 Dead Congregation
10/26 Pallbearer
Old 11-24-2013, 11:57 AM
I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking

Playing less songs per show is not at all "working smarter". I know it's exhausting playing heavy metal on stage but the amount of energy they save by playing a couple fewer songs is nothing compared to just getting from one stage to the next.

People are going to leave with a sour taste in their mouth and not want to see Megadeth the next time around. That's on top of the sub-par new material and Dave's weird semi-political ramblings working against ticket sales.
Old 11-24-2013, 12:15 PM
Hagbard Celine, H.M., S.H.

Whenever I've seen Megadeth Dave just cut up and talked about funny shit. One time he started talking about jizzing in socks.

It was never anything political.

Tags
fear factory, megadeth, nonpoint