Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Cheap Trick -- Boston, MA -- August 27th, 2014
Misery Signals -- Toronto, Ontario -- August 23rd, 2014
Rhapsody of Fire -- Cd. Obregon, Mex -- August 24th, 2014
Sleep -- Boston, MA -- August 24th, 2014
Alice in Chains -- Rama, Ontario -- August 23rd, 2014

Old 11-13-2013, 06:21 AM
Meanwhile, behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore...

Looks like this will have been the one and only time US people will get to see A Pale Horse Named Death live.

Sal Abruscato: "I finally got home 9:00pm last night from what seemed an endless journey. I am so happy to see my girls and be with them again alive. We wiped out during the storm and almost crashed in Ohio. Hope all the fans enjoyed seeing us in the states cause it's probably the last time I do this here. The amount of work that was put in to making this tour happen was relentless and ungrateful, you always learn about people on tour and this was no exception. I learned again big time how it is careless, inconsiderate and cruel to be the captain that has the responsibility of running a sinking ship. I cant be superman anymore. I am thankful for the fans that did see us and supported us on this run you definitely saw a once in a lifetime experience that will most likely not happen again."

7/9 Pentagram
16/9 Richie Kotzen
19/9 Kamchatka
Old 11-13-2013, 06:35 AM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenheart View Post
Looks like this will have been the one and only time US people will get to see A Pale Horse Named Death live.

Sal Abruscato: "I finally got home 9:00pm last night from what seemed an endless journey. I am so happy to see my girls and be with them again alive. We wiped out during the storm and almost crashed in Ohio. Hope all the fans enjoyed seeing us in the states cause it's probably the last time I do this here. The amount of work that was put in to making this tour happen was relentless and ungrateful, you always learn about people on tour and this was no exception. I learned again big time how it is careless, inconsiderate and cruel to be the captain that has the responsibility of running a sinking ship. I cant be superman anymore. I am thankful for the fans that did see us and supported us on this run you definitely saw a once in a lifetime experience that will most likely not happen again."
So, in other words, he worked hard and didn't make any money, so they're not coming back here. Wish I could sympathize but that happens with a lot of smaller bands when they go on tour.
Old 11-13-2013, 06:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanitarium78 View Post
So, in other words, he worked hard and didn't make any money, so they're not coming back here. Wish I could sympathize but that happens with a lot of smaller bands when they go on tour.
Wouldn't blame any of those for not touring the US again either. I didn't read "money" from his statement though, so much as I read "assholes".

He's confirmed it was nothing to do with Danzig, who were "super nice".

7/9 Pentagram
16/9 Richie Kotzen
19/9 Kamchatka

Last edited by ravenheart; 11-13-2013 at 06:58 AM.
Old 11-13-2013, 07:48 AM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenheart View Post
Wouldn't blame any of those for not touring the US again either. I didn't read "money" from his statement though, so much as I read "assholes".

He's confirmed it was nothing to do with Danzig, who were "super nice".
I've actually heard alot of good things about Danzig as far as touring with him.

Sadly this seems like another band who is giving up on touring because of how crappy the US audience has become. Sacred Reich posted something similar recently.
Living Colour
Old 11-13-2013, 08:10 AM
Death by Metal

That sucks, but its going to be hard making a name for themselves without touring. Everybody has to start from somewhere.
9/21 - Eluvitie
10/5 - Cheap Trick?
Old 11-13-2013, 09:06 AM
Concert Veteran

Dealing with assholes is part of every job. I've never had a job where I didn't have to deal with at least one on a regular basis. I guess if it's something he can't work around then I understand the choice he's made. It's too bad that a band that was still in the process of establishing themselves isn't coming to the US anymore.

I'm not surprised to hear that Danzig was nice to them. Both bands have the same drummer after all.
Old 11-13-2013, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinm4bama View Post
That sucks, but its going to be hard making a name for themselves without touring. Everybody has to start from somewhere.
I guess they think touring Europe is enough. I'll be seeing them next year.

7/9 Pentagram
16/9 Richie Kotzen
19/9 Kamchatka
Old 11-13-2013, 10:49 AM
Metal-Setlistcore

Still not as bad as Zetro bitching about Hatriot not being popular and how the US scene sucks when Hatriot hasn't played outside of the California/Las Vegas area yet and Zetro hasn't toured in like ten years.

At least A Pale Horse Named Death attempted to tour.
Old 11-13-2013, 10:11 PM
THIS IS LHHC!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steev View Post
Sadly this seems like another band who is giving up on touring because of how crappy the US audience has become. Sacred Reich posted something similar recently.
Didn't Malevolent Creation say the same thing? Yet here they are still playing US shows.
9/12-14 Riot Fest
9/19 Despise You
9/20 Revocation
9/27 Blood Feast
Old 11-14-2013, 01:49 AM
One who onions things

Quote:
Originally Posted by anomynous View Post
Still not as bad as Zetro bitching about Hatriot not being popular and how the US scene sucks when Hatriot hasn't played outside of the California/Las Vegas area yet and Zetro hasn't toured in like ten years.

At least A Pale Horse Named Death attempted to tour.
Wait, when did Zetro bitch about Hatriot not being popular? I can totally see him saying that of course, but I don't immediately recall reading anything. I have heard from friends at home that the dude's touring standards are a little high (wants a bus apparently), hence why the band hasn't done a legit US run yet.
Impaled (?) - 8/15
Sleep - 8/30
Swans - 9/10
King Diamond - 10/31