Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Dying Fetus -- Merriam, KS -- July 12th, 2014
Phobia -- Tempe, AZ -- July 11th, 2014
Collective Soul -- Woodhaven, MI -- July 11th, 2014
Warped Tour -- Mansfield, MA -- July 10th, 2014
Metallica -- Warsaw, Poland -- July 11th, 2014

Old 11-05-2013, 10:12 AM
I'm reaching out for something else.

Carol is coming back. My prediction is she joins and finds the Governor.

That last episode demonstrated character development, which the show lacks at times. That Bob and Daryl confrontation was very nice. At first I was like here we go lets kill off another character that has had recent screen time. Tyreese is gonna be a big player too. I predict he may find out about Carol and he's gonna go ham if he when he sees that chica.

Digging this season so far but season 3 started off god then the second half was just poop. Lets hope history doesnt repeat.

Last edited by XDoomsayerX; 11-05-2013 at 10:23 AM.
Old 11-05-2013, 12:07 PM
PAAAAAAANTURRRUUUHHHHHH!! !!!!

I'm pretty sure Carol will return. She will probably find the Gov, or maybe the Alexandria safe zone as mentioned in one of the first posts (sorry, dont read the comic, not sure what this is...). She has already had such a huge impact on this season that they cant just write her off just like that, she will definitely be given a bigger role... possibly like what they did for Andrea... her own litle side story.

As for the Darrell and other dude confrontation, that was pretty intense. I am unsure how I feel about that guy, seemed like trouble when they first introduced him... so who knows. Feel kinda bad for him though.

- Funeral Age
facebook.com/funeralageofficial
funeralage.bandcamp.com
Old 11-05-2013, 05:10 PM
I'm reaching out for something else.

A character with alcoholism is brilliant. Makes the show relatable.
Old 11-06-2013, 09:01 AM
Hagbard Celine, H.M., S.H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDoomsayerX View Post
A character with alcoholism is brilliant. Makes the show relatable.
Flaws make characters more interesting. That's a rule of thumb. The reason Darryl's character became stale last season was because he didn't have any flaws. The writers transformed his character from the very personality flawed individual he was in season 1 and 2 into a more sociable, agreeable, strong, perfect sort of character that really didn't have any noticeable flaws in season 3. This is a writing error, in my opinion, and needs to be rectified this season if Darryl is going to retain any sense of intrigue.

This is apart from the rampant fangirlism going around right now and the slobbering over his masculinity (also in question, in my opinion) and crossbow. This is a personality issue. His masculinity and crossbow don't make him a good character.

We like characters that have flaws because we relate to them. We relate to them because we are flawed ourselves, or so we think. This is one of the premises of Lost that made it so appealing to so many people.
Old 11-11-2013, 06:22 AM
not the mama

Last nights episode was actually great. Finally some nail biting tension and all of the drama seemed relevant (they didn't even waste time with the bores that are Darryl, Michonne and Tyreese). Hershel had the best character development in that one episode than anyone has had in forever and the entire keeping Carl safe view by Rick was finally able to pan out. Why can't more episodes be like that?

Last edited by ShatteredFlame; 11-11-2013 at 06:24 AM.
Old 11-11-2013, 12:36 PM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShatteredFlame View Post
Last nights episode was actually great. Finally some nail biting tension and all of the drama seemed relevant (they didn't even waste time with the bores that are Darryl, Michonne and Tyreese). Hershel had the best character development in that one episode than anyone has had in forever and the entire keeping Carl safe view by Rick was finally able to pan out. Why can't more episodes be like that?
The reason more episodes aren't like last night's is because they wouldn't be as special otherwise. You need some slower story building episodes in order to get to the one that has the big payoff in it. That's what last night's episode was, the big payoff to what the first four episodes were building towards. If the show was nothing put high drama and fast paced action each week then the viewers would complain that there's too much going on all the time and they can't follow everything. Darryl, Michonne and Tyreese are boring? What?

Last night's episode was great. Herschel is the man and it was awesome to see Rick and Carl mowing down the herd of zombies with machine guns.
Old 11-11-2013, 12:43 PM
PAAAAAAANTURRRUUUHHHHHH!! !!!!

Tyreese is the man this season! You cray cray Shattered! Sure Darryl and Michonne have been kinda watered down (from what they started out as...) but they still kick major ass!

- Funeral Age
facebook.com/funeralageofficial
funeralage.bandcamp.com
Old 11-11-2013, 06:28 PM
not the mama

I really disagree with last nights episode being a big pay off that was built up. The first few episodes consisted of nothing but introducing characters just to kill them off by the end while the main characters just kinda had to deal with it. The audience isn't given enough time to appreciate the new characters and none of the main characters did anything relevant. What they tried to do with Carrol could've been interesting but it felt pretty anticlimactic because they never showed her in action, nothing happened but a bunch of small conversations and minor details. Then they just drop it. There are cases where not showing something only adds to the mystery but in this case I really found the entire situation hard to swallow.

Last nights episode for me was the only episode that succeeded in finally giving the audience a reason to care for the woodsbury people while some of the main characters finally get some support.

How is Tyreese a good character? All hes done is put the group in further danger because of his recklessness. Darryl and Michonne haven't done anything this season. The writers are so scared to do anything dangerous with either of them because everyone loves them but they suffer from not having any sort of character development. Michonne especially has been having some really cringe worthy scenes lately.
Old 11-11-2013, 06:48 PM
If there's a God then why has he let me go?

^ I second all of that.

Whatever build up they were going for didn't work. If that's really what they were trying to do I agree that it would have taken much longer to develop the needed emotional connection, otherwise this past episode could just as well have been the season premier.
8/3 Summer Slaughter
8/15 Kiss/Def Leppard
10/20 Pallbearer
Old 11-12-2013, 05:40 AM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShatteredFlame View Post
I really disagree with last nights episode being a big pay off that was built up. The first few episodes consisted of nothing but introducing characters just to kill them off by the end while the main characters just kinda had to deal with it. The audience isn't given enough time to appreciate the new characters and none of the main characters did anything relevant.
None of the main characters did anything relevant? Did you even watch this weeks episode? Maybe i'm missing your point here?

Last edited by Sanitarium78; 11-12-2013 at 05:43 AM.