Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Unearth -- Ottawa, ON -- April 15th, 2014
Black Sabbath -- Ottawa, ON -- April 13th, 2014
Nile -- Baltimore, MD -- April 15th, 2014
Within Temptation -- Newcastle, England -- April 14th, 2014
Carcass -- Silver Spring, MD -- April 13th, 2014


Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Misinformation and Propaganda

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #171  
Old 10-31-2013, 03:22 PM
PVH5150 PVH5150 is online now
Music Is Good
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Somerville, Massachusetts
Posts: 2,411
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzkrieg Witchcraft View Post
$54 for a ticket to the Dallas show? Are you fucking kidding me?!?!

Seriously thinking about skipping it. First time I'd miss Slayer since 1987.
What's so shocking? Smaller venue, higher prices.

And they're $39.50 plus $13. Go to the box office (if possible) and you won't pay the Ticketgenesimmons fees.
__________________
5/10: Alice in Chains
7/3: Boston/Night Ranger
7/19: Extreme
Reply With Quote
  #172  
Old 10-31-2013, 03:57 PM
Blitzkrieg Witchcraft's Avatar
Blitzkrieg Witchcraft Blitzkrieg Witchcraft is offline
Play it loud, don't play it low
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Big D
Posts: 1,563
Quote:
Originally Posted by PVH5150 View Post
What's so shocking? Smaller venue, higher prices.

And they're $39.50 plus $13. Go to the box office (if possible) and you won't pay the Ticketgenesimmons fees.
This show shouldn't be over $40 after fees. I've been going to metal shows for 29 years, I know how much the shows should cost per venue. And trying to skip Ticketbastard fees by buying at the venue doesn't work, either. Most places charge the same amount at the window. I know House of Blues does.
__________________
2/23: Metal Church
3/21: Carcass
Reply With Quote
  #173  
Old 10-31-2013, 04:35 PM
PVH5150 PVH5150 is online now
Music Is Good
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Somerville, Massachusetts
Posts: 2,411
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzkrieg Witchcraft View Post
And trying to skip Ticketbastard fees by buying at the venue doesn't work, either.
Yes, it does. The only venues that charge more than $2.50 in fees at the window are the Live Nation owned summer sheds. Example: Comcast Center. $13 in fees per ticket at the box office, simply because Live Nation controls them. The Live Nation online fees for summer shows approached $25 per ticket last summer.

If the face value of a ticket is $75 for an arena show, it will cost you $77.50 at the box office if they have fees. Sometimes they don't. Bought a ticket for Rush last year, day of show, at the Verizon Wireless Arena and it was $96 face value with no surcharges.

I was at the House of Blues in August for Ted Nugent. $35 at the box office, day of show or beforehand. $48 online.

Of course, it could be different where you are, but I can't imagine it. Face value on the Slayer tickets are $39.50. If you go to the box office and they're more than $42, I'd be honestly surprised.
__________________
5/10: Alice in Chains
7/3: Boston/Night Ranger
7/19: Extreme
Reply With Quote
  #174  
Old 10-31-2013, 04:48 PM
Spiner202 Spiner202 is offline
N00B
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 818
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzkrieg Witchcraft View Post
$54 for a ticket to the Dallas show? Are you fucking kidding me?!?!

Seriously thinking about skipping it. First time I'd miss Slayer since 1987.
You guys are lucky. Toronto show cost me over $80 a ticket. I ended up being able to return them because of the venue change, so I got lucky, but I did want to go to this.
__________________
4/12 - Destruction
4/17 - Ghost
5/3 - Primal Fear
Reply With Quote
  #175  
Old 10-31-2013, 05:09 PM
El Gordo's Avatar
El Gordo El Gordo is offline
May you go marching in three-measure time, dressed up as asses and drunk to the nines...
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Ontario, CANADA
Posts: 1,656
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiner202 View Post
You guys are lucky. Toronto show cost me over $80 a ticket. I ended up being able to return them because of the venue change, so I got lucky, but I did want to go to this.
That's ridiculous. I guess being at Ricoh originally, they could charge arena prices. I don't think I've ever paid more than 50 bucks for a Kool Haus show.
__________________
I love inside jokes, I'd love to be a part of one some day.
Reply With Quote
  #176  
Old 10-31-2013, 05:45 PM
detuned detuned is offline
N00B
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,415
Quote:
Originally Posted by PVH5150 View Post
Yes, it does. The only venues that charge more than $2.50 in fees at the window are the Live Nation owned summer sheds. Example: Comcast Center. $13 in fees per ticket at the box office, simply because Live Nation controls them. The Live Nation online fees for summer shows approached $25 per ticket last summer.

If the face value of a ticket is $75 for an arena show, it will cost you $77.50 at the box office if they have fees. Sometimes they don't. Bought a ticket for Rush last year, day of show, at the Verizon Wireless Arena and it was $96 face value with no surcharges.

I was at the House of Blues in August for Ted Nugent. $35 at the box office, day of show or beforehand. $48 online.

Of course, it could be different where you are, but I can't imagine it. Face value on the Slayer tickets are $39.50. If you go to the box office and they're more than $42, I'd be honestly surprised.
the dallas venue is live nation. not every venue omits service fees at the box office. some venues dont even have box offices.
Reply With Quote
  #177  
Old 11-01-2013, 08:06 AM
W0unds W0unds is offline
N00B
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Toronto
Posts: 307
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Gordo View Post
That's ridiculous. I guess being at Ricoh originally, they could charge arena prices. I don't think I've ever paid more than 50 bucks for a Kool Haus show.
The prices are a bit crazy for the Toronto show. I think my friends and I paid a little over $90 for floor tickets at Ricoh. Now tickets for the Kool Haus are $81 on Ticketmaster. I don't think I have ever paid this much to see a band in a club.

I suspect they will have issues selling more tickets at this price point.
__________________
04/05 - Kataklysm, Aborted
04/08 - Carcass, Gorguts, TBDM
04/23 - Behemoth
04/24 - Nile
Reply With Quote
  #178  
Old 11-04-2013, 10:17 AM
DisposableJustice's Avatar
DisposableJustice DisposableJustice is offline
Close your eyes forget your name
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 1,051
http://www.metalinjection.net/latest...st-fan-at-espn
__________________
04/23 Ghost
05/05 Mastodon/Gojira (maybe)
05/10 Slayer
05/23 Tribute band night: One(Metallica)/Hallowed Screams(Slayer)
06/07 Havok
Reply With Quote
  #179  
Old 11-04-2013, 10:32 AM
IrritatedTrout's Avatar
IrritatedTrout IrritatedTrout is offline
Not a number, I'm a free man
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Virginia
Posts: 5,203
That's awesome.
__________________
5/4 - Rob Zombie
5/11 - Ghost
5/13 - Mastodon / Gojira
5/21 - Primus
6/28 - Iron Maiden - Bergen, Norway
7/1 - Iron Maiden - Luxembourg
Reply With Quote
  #180  
Old 11-04-2013, 01:22 PM
hellawaits77ny's Avatar
hellawaits77ny hellawaits77ny is offline
The cameras are whores for the daily bloodshed.
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Upstate, NY
Posts: 3,640
Blog Entries: 25
Just saw that, haha I remember that commercial with him.
__________________
youtube.com/user/hellawaits77NY

03/08-Suffocation (?)
04/04-Kataklysm, Aborted (?)
04/05-Biohazard, Sworn Enemy (?)
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 07:54 AM.


Blah Blah Blah Copyright WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM 2008