Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Fleetwood Mac -- Minneapolis, MN -- September 30th, 2014
The Story So Far -- Lawrence, KS -- September 30th, 2014
Coheed and Cambria -- Boston, MA -- September 28th, 2014
Vixen -- Madrid, Spain -- September 27th, 2014
Crowbar -- Vancouver, British Columbia -- September 28th, 2014

Old 10-30-2013, 11:38 AM
I got jumped by 2 thugs... they told me my battery was dead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcmetal108 View Post
I still don't see why the Wyatts are popular.
They're a great throwback to when wrestling was good.... when people had CHARACTERS. When they acted a role, and not just "Hi I'm Joe Somebody and I want to fight you for the title" or "Hi, I'm Jim Peters and I don't support you, so I want to fight you".

I have grown quite bored of a majority of the current wrestlers and how they're just "People". I don't want cartoon charaters like Los Matadoras, but characters that put on a great performance and know how to act their part.

- Funeral Age
facebook.com/funeralageofficial
funeralage.bandcamp.com
Old 10-30-2013, 11:40 AM
WHAT THE FUCK...HAVE....I BECOME!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by John The Drummer View Post
They're a great throwback to when wrestling was good.... when people had CHARACTERS. When they acted a role, and not just "Hi I'm Joe Somebody and I want to fight you for the title" or "Hi, I'm Jim Peters and I don't support you, so I want to fight you".

I have grown quite bored of a majority of the current wrestlers and how they're just "People". I don't want cartoon charaters like Los Matadoras, but characters that put on a great performance and know how to act their part.
Fuck you! El Torito is awesome
Old 10-30-2013, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinister_Chalupa666 View Post
Fuck you! El Torito is awesome

I will admit, Primo and Epi.... I mean Fernando and other guy are GREAT in the ring, but they don't need that gimmicK!!!!

Someone will probably point out that I am talking in circles, but it's hard to put into words. We just need more characters that are fun and enjoyable for everyone and not just a select crowd.

- Funeral Age
funeralage.bandcamp.com
Old 10-30-2013, 04:43 PM
Rats off to ya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinister_Chalupa666 View Post
HOLY SHIT :O

1st Ever Money in the Bank Ladder Match
Chris Jericho vs. Chris Benoit vs. Shelton Benjamin vs. Edge vs. Christian vs. Kane
WrestleMania 21 April 3, 2005

JESUS CHRISTO :O
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcmetal108 View Post
Maybe when the DVD comes out they will do one of two things.

1) blank out his name and just blur his face.

2)CGI another wrestler in his spot.
Someone on 4chan just posted about this dvd and I remembered it coming up in this thread. He said they cut out Benoit's intro and every mention of him in the commentary.
Old 10-30-2013, 11:33 PM
You can't save me any more than you can save yourself, so stop fucking trying

What Benoit did was terrible. Terrible, terrible, terrible. But it's really too bad that his legacy got completely fucked. He had such a great year in 2004 and it's just been written off and erased. Do I blame the WWE? No, I wouldn't want to be in any way associated with him either. But so much great material is lost now. It just makes me sad.

Especially when they release Wrestlemania XX and Triple H doesn't tap to anyone anymore.
11/30 - Devin Townsend
12/06 - Distant Worlds: the Music of Final Fantasy
Old 10-31-2013, 07:00 AM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamclark52 View Post
What Benoit did was terrible. Terrible, terrible, terrible. But it's really too bad that his legacy got completely fucked. He had such a great year in 2004 and it's just been written off and erased. Do I blame the WWE? No, I wouldn't want to be in any way associated with him either. But so much great material is lost now. It just makes me sad.

Especially when they release Wrestlemania XX and Triple H doesn't tap to anyone anymore.
Benoit winning the world title at maina 20 was one of the last times I can recall where something happened in wrestling that made me stand up and cheer while watching it in my living room. I remember he had Triple H in the crossface for so long I didn't think he was going to tap at all. I remember while Trips was in the crossface my dad, brother and I were all screaming at the TV "TAP YOU MOTHERFUCKER!!! TAP!!!"

The embrace between Benoit and Eddie after the match was awesome. I will admit that when I've watched that in recent years I get a little choked up. Eddie's title win the month before and Benoit's at wrestlemaina 20 were easily two of the most emotional world title wins you will ever see. That's the problem now, there isn't too much to get emotionally invested in with today's WWE. They had something close with Daniel Bryan but they blew that by not giving him the belt and letting him run with it.
Old 10-31-2013, 10:39 AM
You can't save me any more than you can save yourself, so stop fucking trying

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanitarium78 View Post
Benoit winning the world title at maina 20 was one of the last times I can recall where something happened in wrestling that made me stand up and cheer while watching it in my living room. I remember he had Triple H in the crossface for so long I didn't think he was going to tap at all. I remember while Trips was in the crossface my dad, brother and I were all screaming at the TV "TAP YOU MOTHERFUCKER!!! TAP!!!"

The embrace between Benoit and Eddie after the match was awesome. I will admit that when I've watched that in recent years I get a little choked up. Eddie's title win the month before and Benoit's at wrestlemaina 20 were easily two of the most emotional world title wins you will ever see. That's the problem now, there isn't too much to get emotionally invested in with today's WWE. They had something close with Daniel Bryan but they blew that by not giving him the belt and letting him run with it.
I watched Wrestlemania XX in a packed theater and everyone was going apeshit at the end of that match. And the visual of him and Eddie at the end is one of the greatest images in wrestling, period. Not the current era, not the last thirty years, period. And now it's had to have been erased.

And even worse is so many good matches are lost. It's not like he was ever a low card guy and a PPV would be fine without his matches. He was always in a main-event or high profile match.

And he was the last guy I ever thought would end up like that. Without sounding crude, guys like Eddie Guerrero, Bryan Adams, Bam Bam Bigelow...they really didn't surprise me when they went. But Benoit was a guy who I thought was a stand up guy with a good head on his shoulders. A guy who would be wrestling for ten or fifteen more years and then retire comfortably into a backstage role. WWE for life, basically.
11/30 - Devin Townsend
12/06 - Distant Worlds: the Music of Final Fantasy
Old 10-31-2013, 01:07 PM
WHAT THE FUCK...HAVE....I BECOME!!!!

What also sucks is that match isn't part of the 30 years of Wrestlemania in WWE 2k14. I would have loved to have relived that match in the game cause they show the highlight package and story before the match and post celebration afterwards. Would have been awesome to see that in the game :'(
Old 10-31-2013, 01:28 PM
Traditionalist Asshole

Kevin Nash "lol death of the business shortmen can't draw"
Old 10-31-2013, 03:07 PM

Actually watched about 1/4 of Main Event last night..... Kofi vs Ryback..... those looked like some stiff shots from Kofi

- Funeral Age
funeralage.bandcamp.com