Electric Light Orchestra -- London, England -- September 14th, 2014
Skeletonwitch -- West Springfield, VA -- September 12th, 2014
KISS -- Lake Oswego, OR -- September 14th, 2014
Richie Kotzen -- London, England -- September 16th, 2014

Old 10-30-2013, 08:10 AM
Rats off to ya

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWildAndTheYoung View Post
the guitar riffs in 17 Girls In A Row are some of the best metal riffs of all time IMO.
Old 10-30-2013, 09:41 AM
I'm Young, I'm Wild, And I'm Free

Quote:
Originally Posted by Datjazzfusion View Post
Son... Get some help.
Don't need any, it's my style of guitar playing that I like to play so therefore I think the riffs are extremely good, don't see why everyone else thinks they suck.
Old 10-30-2013, 09:45 AM
...the dead are among us!

Quote:
Don't need any, it's my style of guitar playing that I like to play so therefore I think the riffs are extremely good, don't see why everyone else thinks they suck.
When you throw around phrases like "best metal riffs of all time" you are getting into some serious talk. There is a large divide between good and best riffs ever.
Old 10-30-2013, 10:39 AM
SADISTIC, MAGICIAN

Quote:
I don't think they suck, but you got to realize that most of Steel Panther's riffs are usually derivative of classic metal/rock bands like Van Halen, Bon Jovi, even Metallica. Throwing around a big statement like 'best riffs in metal' is a big statement to make anyway, specially considering you only listen to one genre of metal generally, but to say it about a band whose whole gimmick is that they are poking fun at and often being derivative of heavy metal in general is going to attract derision.

I don't care for Steel Panther at all, but just a piece of advice, there is a big difference between 'best riffs in metal' and 'I think the riffs are extremely good' - one is far less inflammatory than the other in open forum. Pick your words, and no-one will have a problem!
Old 10-30-2013, 10:59 AM
I'm Young, I'm Wild, And I'm Free

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextrimental View Post
I don't think they suck, but you got to realize that most of Steel Panther's riffs are usually derivative of classic metal/rock bands like Van Halen, Bon Jovi, even Metallica. Throwing around a big statement like 'best riffs in metal' is a big statement to make anyway, specially considering you only listen to one genre of metal generally, but to say it about a band whose whole gimmick is that they are poking fun at and often being derivative of heavy metal in general is going to attract derision.

I don't care for Steel Panther at all, but just a piece of advice, there is a big difference between 'best riffs in metal' and 'I think the riffs are extremely good' - one is far less inflammatory than the other in open forum. Pick your words, and no-one will have a problem!
Ok, just to say though if I enjoy playing the riff on guitar I will probably consider it a top metal riff.Come to think of it though it sounds like the riff from Lil' Jack Horny by Extreme.And about the one genre of metal, that's not really true anymore, it's my favorite yes but I'm almost equally obsessed with power metal and melodic death metal as I am with glam metal.
Old 10-30-2013, 02:10 PM
things are more than just what you see

Quote:
Yea I see your point, but for some reason I just love this album, though nothing will ever beat City Of Evil IMO.
this

9/21: Uproar Festival
Old 10-30-2013, 02:12 PM

I really liked the trivium album, I could really hear the draiman influence, but I think his influence is a good one for trivium, the album feels more musical and melotic than some of the rest rather than just throwing notes or rhythms together, they seem to flow better. if that makes sense.

Last edited by The_jman; 10-30-2013 at 02:17 PM.
Old 10-30-2013, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Ok, just to say though if I enjoy playing the riff on guitar I will probably consider it a top metal riff.Come to think of it though it sounds like the riff from Lil' Jack Horny by Extreme.And about the one genre of metal, that's not really true anymore, it's my favorite yes but I'm almost equally obsessed with power metal and melodic death metal as I am with glam metal.
best rifs in metal...
if you had said smoke on the water, iron man, paranoid, whole lot of love, creeping death, master of puppets, if you had said anything like this or something similar I might have given your statement more weight, but steal panther? no... especially when most of their music is based off ripping off or emulating other bands.

Old 10-30-2013, 02:34 PM
Hagbard Celine, H.M., S.H.

Are we really discussing Steel Panther's new album having the best riffs in the history of metal?
Old 10-30-2013, 05:30 PM
Buahahahahaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by illuminatus917 View Post
Are we really discussing Steel Panther's new album having the best riffs in the history of metal?
Dark times have fallen on metalsetlists.
10/30 KING DIAMOND
11/06 Intronaut