Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Pig Destroyer -- Philadelphia, PA -- December 20th, 2014
Battlecross -- Westland, MI -- December 20th, 2014
Sadistic Intent -- Downey, CA -- December 21st, 2013
Thy Art Is Murder -- Sydney, Australia -- December 19th, 2014
Intronaut -- West Hollywood, CA -- December 19th, 2014


Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 10-18-2013, 08:22 AM
cristianrock's Avatar
cristianrock cristianrock is offline
N00B
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Chile
Posts: 152
Tarja Turunen -- Olomouc, Czech Republic -- October 17th, 2013

Kick off show of her Colours in the Dark album world tour, this record is her best so far, it has a lot of progressive elements, longer songs, experimental stuff, really cool and bold material, everyone should give it a listen, kick both previous records' ass

Intro (Deliverance)
In for a Kill
500 Letters
Sing for Me
Falling Awake
I Walk Alone
Anteroom of Death
Never Enough / Band solo
Until Silence
Die Alive
Mystique Voyage
Neverlight
Medusa
-----------------------------
Victim of Ritual
Wish I had an Angel (Nightwish cover)
Until My Last Breath

I think in September 2014, she will be in Southamerica, I'll be waiting
__________________
I'm out of money so I will miss every show from here to eternity

Last edited by cristianrock; 10-18-2013 at 08:25 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10-18-2013, 01:21 PM
JRA's Avatar
JRA JRA is offline
Traditionalist Asshole
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 19,902
Wow, didn't think she'd ever do Wish I Had An Angel.
__________________
He's like "yo give me yo insurance information!" and I'm like "I didn't hit you with no car, I hit you with this mack truck I call a fist!"
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-18-2013, 01:43 PM
Travis The Dragon's Avatar
Travis The Dragon Travis The Dragon is offline
My heart, tears, and prayers go out to the sad, abused, and suffering children of the world!
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: St. Paul, Minnesota, USA
Posts: 2,656
I'm quite surprised at the lack of Nightwish songs. That's what she's best known for. Also, usually when a lead singer of a band does a solo tour, they always do songs from the band they were in. Bruce always did some Maiden songs and Ozzy always did some Sabbath songs and so on. Tarja still would be great to see regardless though.
__________________
Website Designer and Product Promotions for LightUpFun.com
My concerts, future and past: fonzbear2000.blogspot.com
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-18-2013, 02:52 PM
PowerMaiden's Avatar
PowerMaiden PowerMaiden is online now
7 Holy Paths To Hell And Your Trip Begins...
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Montreal
Posts: 4,661
Quote:
Originally Posted by fonzbear2000 View Post
Bruce always did some Maiden songs.
wrong


Cheers !
PowerMaiden
__________________
Life Down There Is Just A Strange Illusion
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-21-2013, 06:44 PM
cristianrock's Avatar
cristianrock cristianrock is offline
N00B
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Chile
Posts: 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by fonzbear2000 View Post
I'm quite surprised at the lack of Nightwish songs. That's what she's best known for. Also, usually when a lead singer of a band does a solo tour, they always do songs from the band they were in. Bruce always did some Maiden songs and Ozzy always did some Sabbath songs and so on. Tarja still would be great to see regardless though.
I think Bruce only did Powerslave, as it's his song.

And the other thing, I agree with you, but in the first tour it was more obvious to expect a lot of NW songs, but now she has 3 records to choose, so it's normal that the nw songs will be disappearing eventually.
__________________
I'm out of money so I will miss every show from here to eternity
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10-21-2013, 07:15 PM
JRA's Avatar
JRA JRA is offline
Traditionalist Asshole
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 19,902
Bruce has also done 2 Minutes To Midnight, The Prisoner, Run To The Hills, and he's pretty much the only one that does Flight of Icarus anymore.

The only singer from a former band that played a lot of their former band's stuff was Rob Halford. Even on the Crucible tour he played a lot of Priest hits/deep cuts. As the solo career gets more successful you phase out the old band.

Don't think Tarja has that kind of quality under her belt. Plus there still the problem of Nightwish not being able to play most of those songs in the proper key, even with Floor.
__________________
He's like "yo give me yo insurance information!" and I'm like "I didn't hit you with no car, I hit you with this mack truck I call a fist!"
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 10-21-2013, 07:49 PM
PVH5150's Avatar
PVH5150 PVH5150 is offline
Dave Meniketti is God.
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Somerville, MA
Posts: 3,390
One thousand thanks for not playing Still of the Night.
__________________
Jan. 11 - Mayhem/Watain/Revenge
Jan. 21 - An Evening With Extreme
Feb. 6 - Extreme Guitar Tour
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 10-22-2013, 07:23 AM
cristianrock's Avatar
cristianrock cristianrock is offline
N00B
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Chile
Posts: 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRA View Post
Bruce has also done 2 Minutes To Midnight, The Prisoner, Run To The Hills, and he's pretty much the only one that does Flight of Icarus anymore.

The only singer from a former band that played a lot of their former band's stuff was Rob Halford. Even on the Crucible tour he played a lot of Priest hits/deep cuts. As the solo career gets more successful you phase out the old band.

Don't think Tarja has that kind of quality under her belt. Plus there still the problem of Nightwish not being able to play most of those songs in the proper key, even with Floor.
Yep, but it's a matter of taste too, I think when you've been working with a songwriter for so many years, she was never able to write her own songs, so just now she's learning how to do it, and it takes time to find your own style and improve your writing, I always understood that, so this record is more mature, more clear, if you like it or not, that's another issue.

But I think she has all the right to play her solo material, she loves to sing nw songs but she has to move on as she's doing right now.
__________________
I'm out of money so I will miss every show from here to eternity
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 10-22-2013, 08:25 AM
ravenheart's Avatar
ravenheart ravenheart is offline
Meanwhile, behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore...
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: England
Posts: 18,893
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRA View Post
The only singer from a former band that played a lot of their former band's stuff was Rob Halford. Even on the Crucible tour he played a lot of Priest hits/deep cuts. As the solo career gets more successful you phase out the old band.
"Only"?
__________________
www.jukeboxmetal.com
http://jukeboxmetal.blogspot.com

18/12 Kreator
7/2 Primordial
13/2 BLS
3/3 Sanctuary
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 10-22-2013, 02:53 PM
JRA's Avatar
JRA JRA is offline
Traditionalist Asshole
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 19,902
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenheart View Post
"Only"?
"A lot"


Quote:
Originally Posted by cristianrock View Post
Yep, but it's a matter of taste too, I think when you've been working with a songwriter for so many years, she was never able to write her own songs, so just now she's learning how to do it, and it takes time to find your own style and improve your writing, I always understood that, so this record is more mature, more clear, if you like it or not, that's another issue.

But I think she has all the right to play her solo material, she loves to sing nw songs but she has to move on as she's doing right now.

I'm not saying she doesn't have the right to not play her solo stuff, of course she does. I'm saying she would be justified in playing less Nightwish stuff if it was any good.
__________________
He's like "yo give me yo insurance information!" and I'm like "I didn't hit you with no car, I hit you with this mack truck I call a fist!"

Last edited by JRA; 10-22-2013 at 04:09 PM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
tarja

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 03:18 PM.


Blah Blah Blah Copyright WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM 2008