Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Eluveitie -- Baltimore, MD -- September 19th, 2014
Riot Fest -- Denver, CO -- September 19th, 2014
It Lies Within -- Flint, MI -- September 18th, 2014
Puya -- Washington, D.C. -- September 17th, 2014
Samhain -- Los Angeles, CA -- September 19th, 2014

Old 10-12-2013, 08:15 PM
I got jumped by 2 thugs... they told me my battery was dead.

The Official Walking Dead Thread

Since Season 4 starts tomorrow, lets talk about it!

Anyone have any hopes, ideas, guesses, anything, for how the season will roll out?

I have a feeling the first half will be like Season 2, with lots of character building, but the second half will bring the action.

- Funeral Age
facebook.com/funeralageofficial
funeralage.bandcamp.com
Old 10-13-2013, 04:56 AM
Concert Veteran

I hope they bring the action right away. With the lame ass ending they did for the last season they owe the fans an ass kicking season premier.

Don't forget about The Governor, he's still alive and out there somewhere

I think there will be more zombies then ever this season which is only logical. More people will die the longer this thing goes, so the zombie population will greatly outnumber the amount of humans still roaming the earth. Since the zombies mimic each others movements, the size of the herds will be bigger and the longer and further out they will travel to find something to eat.

Also, supplies like food, clean water, ammo and medicine will become even more scarce then ever before. Most of this stuff was taken when the outbreak first started. In the show the outbreak has been going on for over a year now, so the search for supplies is gonna be more of a struggle then ever. Like in the comic, I can see Rick striking deals with other groups of survivors when it comes to getting supplies for his group. People will also kill other people to get what they need.

Overall, I think there's potential for this season to be the best one so far.

Last edited by Sanitarium78; 10-13-2013 at 05:00 AM.
Old 10-13-2013, 05:19 AM
Hagbard Celine, H.M., S.H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John The Drummer View Post
I have a feeling the first half will be like Season 2, with lots of character building, but the second half will bring the action.
I think the second half will begin the story arc of the journey to the Alexandria Safe-Zone. The evidence for this is the casting of Rosita (who is an actress from one of the Twilight movies ). Not that she couldn't appear during the prison arc, as it wouldn't be the first comic deviation by a long shot, but I have a feeling she will be introduced around the time the group is forced to abandon the prison. This would also mean the antagonists will become The Hunters, by which time I look for the Governor to have perished.

I look for the Governor to perish during the second prison attack, maybe sometime leading up to, or maybe in, the mid-season finale.

As for character building, look for a build-up of Beth and a further build-up of Carol. I haven't a clue what direction Carl is going to go in. I think Daryl's character is becoming mundane, despite what his slobbering fanbase thinks, so I'm going to lose interest in him as a character if the writers don't do something with him in this season. The writers watered him down a lot as a character in season 3, in my opinion, as he was much more intriguing during the first two seasons. I think this will be a "make or break" season for Daryl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanitarium78 View Post
Also, supplies like food, clean water, ammo and medicine will become even more scarce then ever before. Most of this stuff was taken when the outbreak first started. In the show the outbreak has been going on for over a year now, so the search for supplies is gonna be more of a struggle then ever. Like in the comic, I can see Rick striking deals with other groups of survivors when it comes to getting supplies for his group. People will also kill other people to get what they need.
This is definitely where the Hunters come in.
Old 10-13-2013, 12:56 PM

Also, I forgot to mention Michonne. They will definitely build her character up as well. I suspect there will be significant screen time devoted to:

1. Beth
2. Carol
3. Michonne

The leftover Woodburians (soon to be zombie fodder) might get built up a little just to be killed off. But those three ladies are essential. Carol especially, as she's the only female left from Atlanta.
Old 10-13-2013, 01:54 PM

I hope they give Beth some more on screen time. She has been nothing but just a supporting character, but she could be great!

- Funeral Age
funeralage.bandcamp.com
Old 10-14-2013, 09:26 AM

Abraham and Eugene cast.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/liv...l-comic-648071
Old 10-14-2013, 12:09 PM

I thought last night was a pertty good episode. Kinda feel like all the new people add way too much to it, but still enjoyable. The Big Lots scene was awesome, and the very ending ... shit.... cant wait to see how that will unfold

- Funeral Age
funeralage.bandcamp.com
Old 10-14-2013, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John The Drummer View Post
I thought last night was a pertty good episode. Kinda feel like all the new people add way too much to it, but still enjoyable. The Big Lots scene was awesome, and the very ending ... shit.... cant wait to see how that will unfold
I'm not going to be able to watch the entire first half of this season because I'm outside the US in a place that doesn't even sniff stuff like The Walking Dead, so I'm having my mom email episode summaries to me.

It sounded interesting and fairly laid back except for the supermarket run and Rick's little adventure. Apparently he has given up weapons and is the resident gardener?

About all the people. I feel the Woodburians are "zombie kill" reserve, and I doubt they'll be around long. Supposedly one of them already died in the supermarket run. What will be more interesting is the increased size of the core group with the edition of Rosita, Eugene and Abraham. This is going to give the group another alpha male in Abraham. I'm curious if a group of Rick, Daryl, Tyrese, Michone, and Abraham can coalesce. Or if the writers are going to deem it necessary to kill one of these people off.
Old 10-14-2013, 12:42 PM
Concert Veteran

I liked last nights episode. A good season premiere that set everything up well and filled you in on what's been going on like every season premiere should do.

The scene in the store was really cool. It was funny when a couple of the zombies feel to the ground and their heads went splat right away.

I'm not sure what the point of Rick meeting that woman in the woods was? Maybe they just did it to creep us out a bit or to show how far gone someone can mentally go in this world when they've got nothing left. It may have been a better story if Rick took her back to the prison and helped her get healthy again.

With Waldo dying at the end and turning, i'm guessing since everyone is asleep, he will get a few people before anybody knows what's going on. He also coughed into that big tub of water before he died, so whatever he died from could be contagious and infect more people in the prison.
Old 10-14-2013, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanitarium78 View Post
I'm not sure what the point of Rick meeting that woman in the woods was? Maybe they just did it to creep us out a bit or to show how far gone someone can mentally go in this world when they've got nothing left. It may have been a better story if Rick took her back to the prison and helped her get healthy again.
Didn't it have something to do with Rick's guilt and new found pacifism? The show was probably trying to make a connection between this woman, who represents the broken person of the apocalypse, and Rick, who is struggling with the actions and decisions he's made in the apocalypse (hence him giving up weapons and in his own form repenting). The last thing she said to Rick before attacking him, as she resigns herself and fights off guilt for committing another murder, is "there is no turning back." This relates back to Rick. Despite his current "carry no gun" policy," and his trying to make amends for the killing he's done, there's no turning back now for him either.