Sleep -- Boston, MA -- August 24th, 2014
Alice in Chains -- Rama, Ontario -- August 23rd, 2014
Boris -- Santa Cruz, CA -- August 21st, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Album Reviews

Old 01-05-2013, 02:24 PM
Pop Punk > Slipknot and Y&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by christopher View Post
Have you listened to that Wugazi - 13 Chambers yet?
YES! Dope as shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit
09/14 - Citizen
09/17 - Mineral
09/18 - Clutch
Old 01-05-2013, 02:24 PM
Smoke Satan, Worship Crack

Quote:
Originally Posted by mankvill View Post
YES! Dope as shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit
Hell yeah!! I want to thank Pablo for showing me
Old 04-21-2013, 06:11 PM
I know the songs you're singing saying nothing loud and clear I've heard that song a thousand times

7/24 - NIN/Soundgarden
8/28 - Linkin Park
Old 04-21-2013, 07:13 PM
Traditionalist Asshole

Holy christ I forgot about this thread.
Old 06-21-2013, 09:13 AM
MAN IS NOT ALONE IN THIS WORLD AND MANKIND IS NOT COMPLETELY ABSURD

11. Criminal Minded

Group: Boogie Down Productions
Artist: KRS One
Producer: Scott La Rock *Rest in Peace*
Recorded:1986
Released:1987
Album Title: Criminal Minded

The first hardcore hip hop album ever made and a very important one to make note of. I remember growing up while getting into KRS one I always knew he had legendary status in the realm of rap for his contribution for his first 4-6 solo LPS(all released in the early 90s) but I had not known the real legendary stats he had until I checked this gem out. Criminal Minded by His duo Group BOOGIE DOWN PRODUCTIONS…..recorded in 1986..wow..just wow...a blueprint that would be mimicked by many wannabes to come...

KRS ONE and Scot La Rock hands down influenced hardcore/gangsta rap in the East coast, and also hands down influenced hardcore rap..PERIOD. Their was no such thing as hardcore rap before this gem dropped the ball in the mid 80s. Scott La Rock and KRS influenced the hardcore rap scene in the same sense that slayer influenced a wide array of extreme metal acts during their first run in the early 80s. It's hard to believe with age and the years going by that this was truly the first ever hardcore rap album ever made. Criminal Minded was very ahead of its time especially for an album that was recorded in 1986!!! Krs One will go down as a legendary MC monster because of this record alone, and damn lets not forget the jazzy looped out samples being brought out by his right hand man and DJ SCOT LA ROCK *REST IN PEACE MY NIGGA*…it's such a damn shame that Scott La Rock had to die so young so damn soon. Sadly Scott La rock was killed around the same time that this album was recorded. Rest in Peace to a young legend and pioneer of Hip hop. This album is also legendary for starting the BRONX/QUEENS BRIDGE WARS….A rivalry between krs one and mc shan…but that is just another of level that i will not go into. People interested can just wiki the "queens bridge/bronx WARZ

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Bridge_Wars

CHECK THIS ALBUM OUT FOLKS. EASILY ONE OF THE GREATEST RAP ALBUMS EVER IN THE HISTORY OF HIP HOP. THE SOUTH BRONX IS EASILY THE MOST HEAD BANGING HARDCORE RAP SONGS EVER PUT ON A FUCIKING RECORD. SORRY FOR THE CAPZ LOCKS..

The South Bronx
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8B0i5EYtoOM

Poetry
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6OJjVKe99cU

The Bridge is OVER
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BbEx8iqOTJk

Well folks i apologize for the long delay. with the help of some motivation from oracles of agony and christopher at the recent Geto boys concert i decided i'm a try and bring this bitch back from the dead. Long live death metal and hip hop.

Ahhh Top ten baby...
11/14 - Slayer
Old 06-21-2013, 09:22 AM
Traditionalist Asshole

THE PUSSY IS FREEEEE COS THA CRACK COSTS MONAAAAYYY! OH YEAH!
Old 10-01-2013, 01:48 PM
MAN IS NOT ALONE IN THIS WORLD AND MANKIND IS NOT COMPLETELY ABSURD

10. illmatic

Artist: Nas
Producer: DJ PREMIER, PETE ROCK, LARGE PROFESSOR,
Recorded:1992-1994
Released: 1994
Album Title: Illmatic

Illmatic is the debut album of American rapper Nas, released on April 19, 1994, by Columbia Records. After signing to the label with the help of MC Serch, Nas recorded the album during 1992 and 1993 at Chung King Studios, D&D Recording, Battery Studios, and Unique Recording Studios in New York City. Its production was handled by Nas, Large Professor, Pete Rock, Q-Tip, L.E.S., and DJ Premier. Styled as a hardcore hip hop album, Illmatic features multi-syllabic internal rhyme patterns and inner city narratives based on Nas's experiences in Queensbridge, New York. Since its initial reception, Illmatic has been recognized by writers and music critics as a landmark album in East Coast hip hop. Its influence on subsequent hip hop artists has been attributed to the album's production and Nas's lyricism. It also contributed to the revival of the New York City rap scene, introducing a number of stylistic trends to the region. The album remains one of the most widely celebrated albums in hip hop history, appearing on numerous best album lists by critics and publications

llmatic contains discerning treatment of its subject matter: gang rivalries, desolation, and the ravages of urban poverty. Nas, who was twenty years old when the album was released, focuses on depicting his own experiences, creating highly detailed first-person narratives that deconstruct the troubled life of an inner city teenager. One writer describes the theme of the album as a “Story of a gifted writer born into squalor, trying to claw his way out of the trap. It's somewhere between The Basketball Diaries and Native Son….” The narratives featured in Illmatic originate from Nas's own experiences as an adolescent growing up in Queensbridge, as the lyrics allude to the housing projects located in the Long Island City-section of Queens, New York. Nas said in an interview in 2001: “When I made Illmatic I was a little kid in Queensbridge trapped in the ghetto. My soul was trapped in Queensbridge projects." When depicting life in the projects, Nas alternates from moments of pain and pleasure to frustration and braggadocio. Along with its narratives, Illmatic is also distinct for its many portrayals and descriptions of places, people, and interactions. In his songs, Nas often depicts the corners and boulevards of Queensbridge, while mentioning the names of streets, friends, local crews and drug dealers, and utilizing vernacular slang indigenous to his hometown. Illmatic also garnered praise for its production. According to critics, the album's four major producers (Large Professor, DJ Premier, Pete Rock, and Q-Tip) extensively contributed to the cohesive atmospheric aesthetic that permeated the album, while still retaining each's individual, trademark sound. For instance, DJ Premier's production on the album is noted by critics for his minimalist style, which featured simple loops over heavy beats.

Some of the greatest nine tracks ever laced on a hip hop CD. Even the intro which is just a little skit is incredible....

The Genesis
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3TWPCplqkI

Memory Lane
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=am0YvkzDO1k

One Time 4 Your Mind
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSztF78vJIcOne Love

One Love
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qjd7EbUUds8

Half Time
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wbq3axLwamE

NINE ALBUMS LEFT.
11/14 - Slayer
Old 10-03-2013, 12:26 AM
Smoke Satan, Worship Crack

WOOHOO!!! Please have it done before the end of the year!!
Old 10-03-2013, 01:27 AM
One who onions things

Illmatic's an incredible album. I can't wait to see what you consider better than it.
Impaled (?) - 8/15
Sleep - 8/30
Swans - 9/10
King Diamond - 10/31
Old 10-03-2013, 06:33 PM
N00B

I'm guessing tech n9ne isn't on here because one of his albums is in the top 10, right?
Solstice-9/2
Godsmack-9/5
Battlecross-10/5
Exodus-12/7