Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

High on Fire -- Los Angeles, CA -- August 19th, 2014
Nothing More -- Baltimore, MD -- August 18th, 2014
Boris -- Vancouver, British Columbia -- August 17th, 2014
Motley Crue -- Alpharetta, GA -- August 16th, 2014
Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers -- Vancouver, British Columbia -- August 14th, 2014

  #5101  
Old 09-22-2013, 07:30 PM
Natrlhi's Avatar
Natrlhi Natrlhi is offline
Metal is proof that Satan loves us and wants us to be happy.
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Cleveland, OH
Posts: 7,801
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenheart View Post
Epic - yeah, not bad. Not great. Funny in places.
Just watched that with my son. Yeah, it was just OK. Sexy to look at, for sure, but a bit average in terms of the story.

I liked Contagion as well. Saw that one many moons ago. Thank Satan for low expectations - I quite like pleasant surprises when it comes to movies / music.
__________________
8/1 SummersLaughter
8/10 Boris / Atlas Moth / SubRosa
9/8 Man or Astro-Man?
Reply With Quote
  #5102  
Old 09-23-2013, 02:13 AM
ravenheart's Avatar
ravenheart ravenheart is online now
Meanwhile, behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore...
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: England
Posts: 18,061
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natrlhi View Post
Just watched that with my son. Yeah, it was just OK. Sexy to look at, for sure, but a bit average in terms of the story.
Definitely try The Croods and Wreck-It Ralph. Obviously your son won't get all the old school video game references in the latter, but they're both fun, funny movies.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Natrlhi View Post
I liked Contagion as well. Saw that one many moons ago. Thank Satan for low expectations - I quite like pleasant surprises when it comes to movies / music.
Indeed. On planes I tend to watch things I'm less bothered about, rather than watch something I'm really looking forward to on a small screen with bad sound. That seemed to fit the bill, but I thought it was just about the most realistic depiction of what would actually happen if there were an outbreak of that scale I've seen.
__________________
www.jukeboxmetal.com
http://jukeboxmetal.blogspot.com

7/9 Pentagram
16/9 Richie Kotzen
19/9 Kamchatka
Reply With Quote
  #5103  
Old 09-23-2013, 04:45 AM
ShatteredFlame's Avatar
ShatteredFlame ShatteredFlame is offline
not the mama
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Hamden CT/Long Island NY
Posts: 2,166
So I think no matter if we think season 5 or 6 is worse, we can all agree that season 8 of Dexter is hands down the worst? Is that the majority opinion right now? What an awful season to go out on. I thought season 6 was as low as it would get but even that had some great parts and then season 7 redeemed the show. With season 8, the first 3 episodes are great but everything beyond that is embarrassing.
Reply With Quote
  #5104  
Old 09-23-2013, 05:14 AM
ravenheart's Avatar
ravenheart ravenheart is online now
Meanwhile, behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore...
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: England
Posts: 18,061
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShatteredFlame View Post
So I think no matter if we think season 5 or 6 is worse, we can all agree that season 8 of Dexter is hands down the worst? Is that the majority opinion right now? What an awful season to go out on. I thought season 6 was as low as it would get but even that had some great parts and then season 7 redeemed the show. With season 8, the first 3 episodes are great but everything beyond that is embarrassing.
I've only watched up to and including 5 so far (I have 6, just haven't watched it yet). But from what I'm hearing, yes, everyone thinks 8 is awful.
__________________
www.jukeboxmetal.com
http://jukeboxmetal.blogspot.com

7/9 Pentagram
16/9 Richie Kotzen
19/9 Kamchatka
Reply With Quote
  #5105  
Old 09-23-2013, 09:30 AM
Dextrimental's Avatar
Dextrimental Dextrimental is offline
SADISTIC, MAGICIAN
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Ireland
Posts: 2,564
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShatteredFlame View Post
So I think no matter if we think season 5 or 6 is worse, we can all agree that season 8 of Dexter is hands down the worst? Is that the majority opinion right now? What an awful season to go out on. I thought season 6 was as low as it would get but even that had some great parts and then season 7 redeemed the show. With season 8, the first 3 episodes are great but everything beyond that is embarrassing.
I'm about the last episode but I'm apprehensive because it will just piss me off. I swore up and down that it was the best show on tv until this season. Such a let down.
__________________
Yesterday don't mean SHIT.
Reply With Quote
  #5106  
Old 09-23-2013, 04:06 PM
Natrlhi's Avatar
Natrlhi Natrlhi is offline
Metal is proof that Satan loves us and wants us to be happy.
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Cleveland, OH
Posts: 7,801
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenheart View Post
Definitely try The Croods and Wreck-It Ralph. Obviously your son won't get all the old school video game references in the latter, but they're both fun, funny movies.
I saw Wreck-It Ralph with him and we liked it. I loved the inside jokes and references to the old school games from my childhood. Haven't checked out The Croods but have heard good things. I hate Nic Cage, though. Don't know why, I just can't stand most of his work. I know this is different, but it just bugs me that he has the lead voice part.
__________________
8/1 SummersLaughter
8/10 Boris / Atlas Moth / SubRosa
9/8 Man or Astro-Man?
Reply With Quote
  #5107  
Old 09-24-2013, 01:07 AM
ravenheart's Avatar
ravenheart ravenheart is online now
Meanwhile, behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore...
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: England
Posts: 18,061
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natrlhi View Post
I hate Nic Cage, though. Don't know why, I just can't stand most of his work. I know this is different, but it just bugs me that he has the lead voice part.
Honestly, I didn't even realise it was him until the credits rolled. Or that Ryan Reynolds was the other male lead.
__________________
www.jukeboxmetal.com
http://jukeboxmetal.blogspot.com

7/9 Pentagram
16/9 Richie Kotzen
19/9 Kamchatka
Reply With Quote
  #5108  
Old 09-25-2013, 12:03 AM
kalfitegrdan's Avatar
kalfitegrdan kalfitegrdan is offline
THIS IS LHHC!
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: DeKalb, IL
Posts: 3,797
I've been catching up on the second season of Hell on Wheels since they finally added It to Netflix.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natrlhi View Post
I saw Wreck-It Ralph with him and we liked it. I loved the inside jokes and references to the old school games from my childhood. Haven't checked out The Croods but have heard good things. I hate Nic Cage, though. Don't know why, I just can't stand most of his work. I know this is different, but it just bugs me that he has the lead voice part.
Aw, man, yeah, Nic Cage is just the worst (exceptions being Raising Arizona, Kick Ass and Matchstick Men), but I think I could stand it as long as I don't have to look at his face.
__________________
8/23 Midnight
8/29 Sleep
9/5 Skeletonwitch ?
9/6 Weekend Nachos
9/12 Sete Star Sept
9/19 Despise You
9/20 Revocation
Reply With Quote
  #5109  
Old 09-25-2013, 01:32 AM
ravenheart's Avatar
ravenheart ravenheart is online now
Meanwhile, behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore...
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: England
Posts: 18,061
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalfitegrdan View Post
(exceptions being Raising Arizona, Kick Ass and Matchstick Men)
Snake Eyes and Lord of War say "fuck you".
__________________
www.jukeboxmetal.com
http://jukeboxmetal.blogspot.com

7/9 Pentagram
16/9 Richie Kotzen
19/9 Kamchatka
Reply With Quote
  #5110  
Old 09-25-2013, 12:01 PM
John The Drummer's Avatar
John The Drummer John The Drummer is offline
PAAAAAAANTURRRUUUHHHHHH!! !!!!
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 4,521
New South Park tonight... i think
__________________
- Dalla Nebbia
facebook.com/dallanebbiamusic
dallanebbia.bandcamp.com

- Funeral Age
facebook.com/funeralageofficial
funeralage.bandcamp.com
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 02:29 PM.


Blah Blah Blah Copyright WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM 2008