Overkill -- West Springfield, VA -- September 11th, 2014
ProgPower USA Kick-Off -- Atlanta, GA -- September 11th, 2014
ProgPower USA XV Day 2 -- Atlanta, GA -- September 13th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 09-18-2013, 08:12 AM
Pop Punk > Slipknot and Y&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerslave_85 View Post
The setlist was mostly new stuff; they played "All the Small Things," "What's My Age Again?" "Dumpweed," "Man Overboard" (which was a nice surprise), "Dammit," "Josie," and "Carousel" and everything else was from the self-titled or Neighborhoods. The sound SUCKED, it was too quiet and badly mixed. Also, they don't do nearly enough dick jokes anymore, which was a little disappointing. Still fun, though.

EDIT: I'm surprised anyone stuck around for Violent Femmes since they opened with "Blister In the Sun" and "Kiss Off." Very weird that they didn't save those for the end.
I love blink-182 with all my heart, but their setlists aren't the greatest. Mark did an IAMA on reddit a while back and someone asked if they would ever do some deeper cuts in the setlist, and he said something akin to "no one wants to hear that" which caused EVERYONE to be like "UM YEAH WE ACTUALLY WOULD LOVE TO HEAR THAT" but I don't think he got the message.

He also said the current pop punk scene is boring and needs a "kick" so I don't really think he knows what's what in the world of pop punk right now, but he's the reason I play bass so I'll always love him. :P
09/19 - BMTH
09/20 - Fuzz and Fire 2
Old 09-18-2013, 01:01 PM
Like a chupacabra, but with dicks

My only complaint about the festival itself was the layout. The Rock and Rise stages had lots of trees around them, and the Rock stage was almost inaccessible in the evenings, because to get to it you had to go past the food vendors, which had massive lines around dinner time. And getting to or from either of those stages to the Roots or Riot stages was a pain in the ass.

We also discovered quickly that if you were in a group, you had to come up with a very clear game plan and rallying point in case you got separated, because cell phone coverage was non-existent and trying to just look for people was completely impossible.
Old 09-18-2013, 05:51 PM
N00B

Did anybody see AFI? If so, how were they?

I'm excited for their new album and want to see them live again. Hopefully they'll play Milwaukee or Chicago agin as a headliner next year.
Old 09-18-2013, 05:53 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by mankvill View Post
Mark did an IAMA on reddit a while back and someone asked if they would ever do some deeper cuts in the setlist, and he said something akin to "no one wants to hear that" which caused EVERYONE to be like "UM YEAH WE ACTUALLY WOULD LOVE TO HEAR THAT" but I don't think he got the message.
That's funny lol. I really hope to see them live someday, but if I do I hope they bring back Adam's Song and Reckless Abandon.
Old 09-18-2013, 06:19 PM
Like a chupacabra, but with dicks

Quote:
Originally Posted by velvetgrass View Post

I'm excited for their new album and want to see them live again. Hopefully they'll play Milwaukee or Chicago agin as a headliner next year.
They were good! Decent setlist ("Days of the Phoenix" and "A Single Second" were awesome) and lots of energy as usual. They didn't play any new songs that hadn't already been released, but those two sounded good live. I don't understand why they're still doing their cover of "Just Like Heaven," though. I hate when bands with a big discography do covers live, and it was a little embarrassing considering Dinosaur Jr. did their cover of it a day earlier
Old 09-18-2013, 08:34 PM
Some People Call Me The White Devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerslave_85 View Post
My only complaint about the festival itself was the layout. The Rock and Rise stages had lots of trees around them, and the Rock stage was almost inaccessible in the evenings, because to get to it you had to go past the food vendors, which had massive lines around dinner time. And getting to or from either of those stages to the Roots or Riot stages was a pain in the ass.

We also discovered quickly that if you were in a group, you had to come up with a very clear game plan and rallying point in case you got separated, because cell phone coverage was non-existent and trying to just look for people was completely impossible.
Yeah the rock stage was weird with the setup and the Rise stage was bad because the sun blinded it.

Cell Phone was HORRIBLE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by velvetgrass View Post

AFI was goddamn motherfucking amazing.
Old 09-18-2013, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mankvill View Post
I love blink-182 with all my heart, but their setlists aren't the greatest. Mark did an IAMA on reddit a while back and someone asked if they would ever do some deeper cuts in the setlist, and he said something akin to "no one wants to hear that" which caused EVERYONE to be like "UM YEAH WE ACTUALLY WOULD LOVE TO HEAR THAT" but I don't think he got the message.

He also said the current pop punk scene is boring and needs a "kick" so I don't really think he knows what's what in the world of pop punk right now, but he's the reason I play bass so I'll always love him. :P
Clearly Mark hasn't watched The Wonder Years. They had one of the loudest sing along full sets of Riot Fest and had extra security called in because of the nonstop crowd surfers. Oh yeah and it was all in the rain!
Old 09-18-2013, 09:17 PM
THIS IS LHHC!

Danzig/Doyle played London Dungeon? That's fucking awesome. I would love to hear that.
9/27 Blood Feast
10/3 Judas Priest
10/4 Deceased
10/18 Satan
Old 09-19-2013, 05:52 AM
N00B

How were the GWAR vocals? I saw a video of a recent performance where Oderus just kinda mumbled through everything.

Last edited by InFlamesOfBirchmen; 09-19-2013 at 06:09 AM.
Old 09-19-2013, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InFlamesOfBirchmen View Post
How were the GWAR vocals? I saw a video of a recent performance where Oderus just kinda mumbled through everything.
I couldn't understand a single fucking word during any songs. It sounded like he was just kinda humming the tune.

Anyone want me to do sets and a write up for all three days?

Tags
danzig