Pallbearer -- Kansas City, MO -- December 16th, 2014
System Of A Down -- Inglewood, CA -- December 13th, 2014
Despised Icon -- Montreal, Quebec -- December 13th, 2014
Nonpoint -- Flint, MI -- December 13th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 09-12-2013, 09:05 PM
I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking

Alice In Chains -- Mountain View, CA -- September 11th, 2013

The "Uproar Festival" had to be a pretty big letdown for every band but AIC and Jane's Addiction. Everybody here probably knows how bad this sold for the venues it's hitting and it's no surprise that nobody showed up for an all day fest midweek in September. This was the emptiest I've ever seen the Shoreline, just before JA went on.
I got $10 lawn tickets about a month before and by the day of the show I saw upper level seats going for $10 and lower levels for 20 on Craigslist.

Anyway, I arrived midway through Coheed and Cambria and was totally confused when acoustic music was coming from the stage and they were showing a blonde girl on the monitors outside the amphitheater. Turns out the drummer bailed for some reason so they did an acoustic set featuring somebody's wife.

Jane's Addiction was pretty ok, they came out with two girls in giant dresses hanging from the top of the stage which looked like some Cirque du Soleil shit. I can tell you that they played Mountain Song second, Caught Stealing somewhere in the middle and closed with Jane Says.

It seemed like everything else was just a warm up for Alice In Chains. I saw one Jane's Addiction t shirt the whole night (and it was the only one I've ever noticed, ever) and Coheed didn't get much of a response. Well worth the ten bucks, even if it was an abbreviated set.

Them Bones
Hollow
Check My Brain
(Green Manhalishi/Enter Sandman tease) Man In The Box
Got Me Wrong
Last of My Kind
We Die Young
Stone
Nutshell
It Ain't Like That
Would
Rooster

Last edited by TonyD; 09-12-2013 at 09:07 PM.
Old 09-12-2013, 09:36 PM
Some People Call Me The White Devil

This is the tour failure of the year.
Old 09-12-2013, 09:39 PM
Tinnitus

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcmetal108 View Post
Yeah, probably either this or Gigantour.

There really needs to be less summer touring festivals. They keep adding more and more yet less and less people go to them.
Old 09-12-2013, 11:09 PM
N00B

i went to this show as well. i think i was the only one who had a good time haha. went from the very beginning and Charming liars was a real good band. after that went to go meet Walking Papers!! such an honor to meet Duff.

besides Alice in Chains..Walking Papers absolutley stole the show.Jeff Angel (singer) was just incredible with stage presence and intense vocal talent. the whole band is so unique and talented, its impossible not to like them. if you havent checked em out. DO IT NOW!

Dead Daises were there as well, never heard of them until a week ago. but holy shit did they rock!! Marco Mendoza!! Brian Tichy, Dizzy Fucking Reed, and Richard Fortuse. hell yeah! got to meet them all after their set, super nice guys, rocking band. go check them out as well!!

Got to the main stage midway through Circa Survive, my lord...they go in my top 5 list of worst bands ive ever witnessed live. lol just horrible.

Coheed and Cambria was next, i was also thrown off by the acoustic until he mentioned the drummers illness. but honestly idk..i just cant get into them at all, i kinda havent realized how or why they are as popular as they are.

okay, now for Jane's Addiction!!! at this point..this venue is still beyond empty. lawn must have 1,000 people on it, if that. lot of empty seats. i was the only janes addiction fan on the whole lawn! i was cheering, singing the words, having a good time. and everyone in the venue was golf clapping lol but i thought they rocked!! but you could tell, they cleary realized the crowd wasnt into them.

Jane's Addiction

Underground
Mountain Song
Just Because
Been Caught Stealing
Another Soulmate
Three Days
Ocean Size
Stop
Chip Away (this song was chipping away at my patience..way too long lol)
Jane Says

Alice in Chains came on finally!! first time ever seeing them (first for J Addiction as well) and man have the reviews about alice been true. they sound amazing, the whole show rocked!! wish i could of heard Down In A hole, but Nutshell was mezmerizing to hear. plus they played Last Of My Kind which i have always loved!

left halfway through Rooster to beat traffic.

overall, i had a blast. i think it was a great tour!! its a shame both these bands dont have a larger fanbase to fill ampitheaters. would love to see AIC in a smaller venue someday.
2/5 HellYeah
3/8 Motionless In White
Old 09-13-2013, 02:21 AM
N00B

I saw this tour being a fail as soon as it was announced. Nobody cares about any of these bands besides AinC.
Fleetwood Mac
New Found Glory
Old 09-13-2013, 08:22 AM
Concert Veteran

I thought this tour would've drawn better if it was just an AIC tour with them doing a full headline set. You get maybe Coheed & Cambria and one of the other bands lower on the bill to open and leave it at that. On their own I think AIC can still draw pretty good, probably about 4,000-5,000. I think people are just tired of this festival bullshit now. Why are they gonna come out to see a band play an hour as a headliner? It was cool at first back when Ozzfest got popular and even the first few years of Mayhem it was fine. But the touring festival has gotten old here in North America over the last three or four years. It's time to let these bands get back to doing proper headlining tours again. This shit with the "co-headliners" only getting an hour to play is a scam and it looks like people are finally getting wise to it after what I've heard about the attendance for Uproar, Mayhem and Gigantour this year.
Old 09-13-2013, 05:40 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcmetal108 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ommie View Post
Yeah, probably either this or Gigantour.
A friend of mine does security for Live Nation and works a lot of gigs at Molson Amphitheatre in Toronto. He was able to get the gate numbers for both of these shows as well as Mayhem.

Gigantour: 3,240
Mayhem: 2,809
Uproar: 6,691

I didn't go to Gigantour or Mayhem but did go to Uproar, and by the time Jane's started playing I thought it looked like there were a lot more than 6,700, since most of the lower level seats were filled and the lawn looked pretty well attended (at least compared to that in the picture by OP). He's informed me that that includes tickets scanned throughout the night. Molson Amphitheatre fits about 16,000 people (7,000 on the lawn and 9,000 in the seats). So maybe that includes if the lawn is jam packed. I don't know, I'm getting off topic here.

Now, 6,700 people on its own is pretty damn good. It's obvious AIC was the reason going to this tour for a lot of people, so a being able to pull that many people is nothing to sneeze at. In fact other than BlackDiamondSkye was there ever a time they were headlining huge arenas and amphitheatres? So that many people, which is enough to fill a lot of smaller arenas and then some, is pretty good for a band as "heavy" as AiC. Yeah they have a lot of radio hits, but outside of Metallica I can't think of a lot of hard rock/metal bands that can pull those kind of crowds these days. I just think a lot of these tours are being over ambitious when it comes booking the venues. Unfortunately it's not really a solvable problem since the only places they can do these kinds of all day festivals are at amphitheatres which hold 15,000+ people because of the space for the side stages and necessary amenities offered at these bathrooms. In a lot of cities the next best option is like a mid-sized theatre which would be too small to host something like this and don't provide stuff like food or necessary space for signings and sponsor booths and stuff. Gigantour went the large club/small arena route in 2008 and 2012 I think, so i don't know why they didn't do the same thing this time around, since I think those start more late afternoon and not early afternoon since they generally only have 4-5 bands now.

So....yeah....there's that.
Old 09-13-2013, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthG View Post
Gigantour: 3,240
Mayhem: 2,809
Uproar: 6,691
That Mayhem figure is laughably depressing.
Old 09-13-2013, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthG View Post
I just think a lot of these tours are being over ambitious when it comes booking the venues.
coughcoughA7Xcoughcough
Old 09-13-2013, 07:21 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henryperezrocks View Post
Alice in Chains came on finally!! first time ever seeing them (first for J Addiction as well) and man have the reviews about alice been true. they sound amazing, the whole show rocked!! wish i could of heard Down In A hole, but Nutshell was mezmerizing to hear. plus they played Last Of My Kind which i have always loved!
We got "Down In A Hole" in Tinley Park on August 22. Definitely one of the highlights of the show! I'm jealous you guys got "It Ain't Like That" and "Last Of My Kind" though, those are both kickass songs!

Tags
alice in chains, jane's addiction