Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

It Lies Within -- Westland, MI -- December 16th, 2014
Pallbearer -- Kansas City, MO -- December 16th, 2014
System Of A Down -- Inglewood, CA -- December 13th, 2014
Despised Icon -- Montreal, Quebec -- December 13th, 2014
Nonpoint -- Flint, MI -- December 13th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 11-30-2011, 10:20 PM
The infection has been removed, the soul of this machine has improved!

How odd, I just saw Armored Saint tonight, and I was floored. John Bush is just fucking amazing. One of the best singers out there that never gets enough spotlight, he does it so effortlessly.
Old 12-01-2011, 05:49 AM
Headbanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maideneer View Post
How odd, I just saw Armored Saint tonight, and I was floored. John Bush is just fucking amazing. One of the best singers out there that never gets enough spotlight, he does it so effortlessly.
I totally agree. As much as I like his Anthrax work I often wonder how great Armored Saint could have become if he stayed with them. He can definitely BELT live!
Old 09-11-2013, 10:20 AM
Headbanger

Lesson #3 I learned today. If you care about any of your old posts, check them for dead links. I had to fix over 30 dead links in my http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=18037 50 Favorite Headbanging Songs Thread. Thank you youtube for all your moronic 15 second ads. I'm sure people really buy stuff because of them. Tards!

Pretty sure I fixed them all except Kill my Confusion but that's a local guy and I email him. Enjoy!
Old 09-11-2013, 10:34 AM
I'm Young, I'm Wild, And I'm Free

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christen View Post
I was born two years after this concert. These days I would have killed to see Metallica in their prime. God dammit I was born in the wrong era.
I hear you on that, back then you had awesome bands that just would have been amazing to see, they were always good bands to see in your state (according to all the adults I know), and the tickets were cheap! I'm talking everyone from Bon Jovi to Metallica would have been more awesome to see back then than today, not to say either doesn't still but on a good show.
Old 09-12-2013, 07:03 AM
N00B

Cool post. I saw WASP that year opening for Iron Maiden and remember being more impressed than I thought I would be. Saw Metallica twice in 1986, but not before Master of Puppets.

If there's interest in old-school reports, I'll post some more. I just seems that few people are interested.
Old 09-12-2013, 08:45 AM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zla Vydra View Post
Cool post. I saw WASP that year opening for Iron Maiden and remember being more impressed than I thought I would be. Saw Metallica twice in 1986, but not before Master of Puppets.

If there's interest in old-school reports, I'll post some more. I just seems that few people are interested.
I wouldn't say there isn't interest in them but I guess that all depends on what band you're posting a setlist for. There aren't too many posts about concerts from back in the day because most of the members of this board either weren't alive yet or weren't old enough to go to metal/rock concerts back in the 80s.

Definitely post some old school reviews. This site doesn't discriminate against old concert reports. If you were there, why not tell us about it?
Old 09-12-2013, 12:46 PM
somebody somewhere

I like the old sets, problem is they are very often not correct. If you were there, bring it on and post it.
Old 03-03-2014, 07:07 AM
Headbanger

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RyhjySd7ATE

So the rest of the show got posted on youtube. The reason I know is because my buddy told me I was immortalized on it. I'm still laughing that you can actually hear the exact moment my mind gets blown at this show. At 2:08 of Fight Fire with Fire I pick my jaw up off the floor long enough to go FUCK! then say to my buddy Look at his hands, referring to Cliff then that's definitely my stupid laugh at 2:17. Made my day!

Definitely burning this show to cd. One for the annals taken to the highest level...
Old 03-03-2014, 10:31 AM
Traditionalist Asshole

Damn man. That's awesome

Tags
armored saint, metallica, w.a.s.p., wasp