Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Arsis -- West Springfield, VA -- September 1st, 2014
Deep Purple -- Orlando, FL -- August 30th, 2014
Dropdead -- Scottsdale, AZ -- August 30th, 2014
Chevelle -- Wallingford, CT -- August 30th, 2014
Morbid Saint -- Riverview, MI -- August 30th, 2014

  #551  
Old 09-08-2013, 08:20 PM
adamclark52's Avatar
adamclark52 adamclark52 is online now
You can't save me any more than you can save yourself, so stop fucking trying
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Keswick, Ontario
Posts: 4,385
In Keswick pretty much everyone is a moron so we offset one another.
__________________
09/19 - Deafheaven
09/26 - Belphegor
10/18 - King Diamond
11/01 - Suffocation
11/30 - Devin Townsend
12/06 - DistantWorlds:theMusicofFinalFantasy
Reply With Quote
  #552  
Old 09-08-2013, 08:29 PM
energymetal14 energymetal14 is offline
"I call it torture you call it life. A slave to money and everything I despise"
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 978
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Gordo View Post
Meh, I don't even hate winter. Being cold sucks, but I love the snow, and driving on icy roads is kind of fun.
Yeah, me and my friends ALWAYS go out and drive in the snowstorms just for fun. Nobody on the road and its fun to drift and stuff. Definitely dangerous though, gotta be careful. Winter;s my favorite season actually
__________________
9/8 Punch
9/18 Windhand
9/19 Elder
9/20 Doom
9/27 GBH
10/21 Dead Congregation
10/26 Pallbearer
Reply With Quote
  #553  
Old 09-09-2013, 06:51 AM
Maideneer's Avatar
Maideneer Maideneer is online now
The infection has been removed, the soul of this machine has improved!
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 1,730
Maybe not they're fault, but it really grinds my gears when non-English metal fans say "trash metal".
Reply With Quote
  #554  
Old 09-09-2013, 12:34 PM
John The Drummer's Avatar
John The Drummer John The Drummer is offline
I got jumped by 2 thugs... they told me my battery was dead.
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 4,592
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maideneer View Post
Maybe not they're fault, but it really grinds my gears when non-English metal fans say "trash metal".
When hanging out with Horna at MDF last year, Infection kept calling it that, was funny with his strong accent
__________________
- Dalla Nebbia
facebook.com/dallanebbiamusic
dallanebbia.bandcamp.com

- Funeral Age
facebook.com/funeralageofficial
funeralage.bandcamp.com
Reply With Quote
  #555  
Old 09-09-2013, 01:09 PM
AnthG AnthG is offline
N00B
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Toronto, ON
Posts: 1,853
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Gordo View Post
I assume you're talking Ontario specifically... I'll take September, October, April and May over the oppressive humidity of July and August.
This. Especially since I don't have air conditioning in my apartment at the moment.

That being said, December through mid-March is the other terrible extreme as well. Mild sweater weather is my favourite.
__________________
09/19 - Crowbar/Revocation
10/06 - The Black Dahlia Murder
10/14 - Machine Head/Children of Bodom
12/27 - Protest the Hero
Reply With Quote
  #556  
Old 09-09-2013, 07:08 PM
HackedUpForBBQ's Avatar
HackedUpForBBQ HackedUpForBBQ is offline
Pass the steak sauce
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Niagara Falls/Buffalo, NY
Posts: 488
Why didn't I think of this sooner? DIGITAL DOWNLOADS. Cherry picking only certain songs off of an album instead of getting the entire thing is straight blasphemy. I never understood wanting to pay for MP3 files only.... if you're gonna spend the money on an album, why not get a hard copy? I guess everyone doesn't enjoy collecting CDs/vinyl, but they should damnit!

ALSO: People like my friends who claim to have "so many CDs" but 90% of them are burned copies and half of those aren't even actual albums but instead shitty mixes.

Yuck.
__________________
8/31 - Cre/Cooper
10/1 - Judas Priest
10/11 - Deicide
10/18 - Anvil
10/19 - THE KING
11/18 - Manowar
Reply With Quote
  #557  
Old 09-10-2013, 05:59 AM
TheWildAndTheYoung's Avatar
TheWildAndTheYoung TheWildAndTheYoung is offline
I'm Young, I'm Wild, And I'm Free
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 2,177
Quote:
Originally Posted by HackedUpForBBQ View Post
Why didn't I think of this sooner? DIGITAL DOWNLOADS. Cherry picking only certain songs off of an album instead of getting the entire thing is straight blasphemy. I never understood wanting to pay for MP3 files only.... if you're gonna spend the money on an album, why not get a hard copy? I guess everyone doesn't enjoy collecting CDs/vinyl, but they should damnit!

ALSO: People like my friends who claim to have "so many CDs" but 90% of them are burned copies and half of those aren't even actual albums but instead shitty mixes.

Yuck.
Digital downloads are more convenient, especially when you have to pay extra for imported CD's.I always make it a priority to buy whole albums on iTunes though, if I have a couple of bucks left over I'll buy single songs I like of an album and most likely will buy the rest of it when I get the money again.
__________________
8/16 - Motley Crue/Alice Cooper
9/27 - Styx
Reply With Quote
  #558  
Old 09-10-2013, 07:04 AM
HackedUpForBBQ's Avatar
HackedUpForBBQ HackedUpForBBQ is offline
Pass the steak sauce
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Niagara Falls/Buffalo, NY
Posts: 488
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWildAndTheYoung View Post
Digital downloads are more convenient, especially when you have to pay extra for imported CD's.I always make it a priority to buy whole albums on iTunes though, if I have a couple of bucks left over I'll buy single songs I like of an album and most likely will buy the rest of it when I get the money again.
You're right about the convenience and the price tag for sure, I just sincerely enjoy having a physical copy with the artwork, insert, CD/vinyl, etc. I'm on the fringe of being an obsessive collector too so that doesn't help my cause when I'm trying to save money. I just love it, though!
__________________
8/31 - Cre/Cooper
10/1 - Judas Priest
10/11 - Deicide
10/18 - Anvil
10/19 - THE KING
11/18 - Manowar
Reply With Quote
  #559  
Old 09-10-2013, 07:11 AM
Nick_to_the_face's Avatar
Nick_to_the_face Nick_to_the_face is offline
The best part of waking up, is Satan in your cup
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Kansas City
Posts: 1,839
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcmetal108 View Post
This. I hate when kids that don't like hardcore at all try throwing down during a normal metal show then proceed with getting pissed when everyone moshes. You throw down at hardcore shows and mosh during a metal show. Simple.
Exactly

Quote:
Originally Posted by HackedUpForBBQ View Post
You're right about the convenience and the price tag for sure, I just sincerely enjoy having a physical copy with the artwork, insert, CD/vinyl, etc. I'm on the fringe of being an obsessive collector too so that doesn't help my cause when I'm trying to save money. I just love it, though!
I am the same way. If I walk into a record store when I have barely enough money to cover the shit I actually need to cover, there is a big chance I will spend money I shouldn't. But I just love physical copies so much


I hate when you start talking to the cashier or a worker in a record store(or any store really) and they seem really chill and cool and interested in the conversation and then they just say something that makes you realize they just want you to buy something.
Reply With Quote
  #560  
Old 09-10-2013, 07:52 AM
HackedUpForBBQ's Avatar
HackedUpForBBQ HackedUpForBBQ is offline
Pass the steak sauce
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Niagara Falls/Buffalo, NY
Posts: 488
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick_to_the_face View Post
I am the same way. If I walk into a record store when I have barely enough money to cover the shit I actually need to cover, there is a big chance I will spend money I shouldn't. But I just love physical copies so much
Indeed! Glad to hear someone else out there shares the same addiction that I do. Local record shops have been my wallet's downfall the past few years, as I ALWAYS end up spending more than I wanted to. On the flip side it's made me beyond orgasmic to find some of the things I've found. And that's another thing.... I enjoy just browsing through stacks of vinyl and shitting myself in glee when I find something amazing. Last year I stumbled upon a record shop I didn't know about and upon my first visit I found an original copy of Mercyful Fate's Melissa. Just about had a heart attack. Needless to say that's now my go-to guy for metal vinyl. Ugh, is it pay day yet? I hate not having money!
__________________
8/31 - Cre/Cooper
10/1 - Judas Priest
10/11 - Deicide
10/18 - Anvil
10/19 - THE KING
11/18 - Manowar

Last edited by HackedUpForBBQ; 09-10-2013 at 07:55 AM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 09:17 AM.


Blah Blah Blah Copyright WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM 2008