Deafheaven -- Toronto, Ontario -- September 19th, 2014
DragonForce -- Aberdeen, Scotland -- September 18th, 2014
Electric Light Orchestra -- London, England -- September 14th, 2014
Skeletonwitch -- West Springfield, VA -- September 12th, 2014
KISS -- Lake Oswego, OR -- September 14th, 2014

Old 09-02-2013, 09:54 AM
Close your eyes forget your name

NFL Season 2013-14

Real American Football is back in 3 days!

So here what I feel like will play out over the season

Results: ()=playoff seed, duh

AFC East

1. Patriots (2)
2. Dolphins
3. Bills
4. Jets

Despite all the shit the Patriots have gone through in the off season with injuries to key players and a key player who will be most likely be wearing an orange uniform for the rest of his life (and I'm not talking about Wes Welker and the Broncos), the Pats will once again cruise to another division title and a bye. The Dolphins will compete but will fall short of a playoff spot; the Bills are rebuilding again and may have to start a undrafted rookie QB on opening day, and the Jets...well the Jets are the Jets, I'm more interesting seeing how long Rex Ryan is able to survive this dumpster fire before getting pushed out; it's not a good sign when your first major mental error and media meltdown comes in the 3rd preseason game. It really would not surprise me if the Jets got a top three pick in the 2014 draft

AFC North

1. Ravens (3)
2. Bengals (5)
3. Steelers
4. Browns

The Ravens Lost a lot of people from their Super Bowl run, but still will be able to hold off the Bengals for the division title; The Bengals will have to win a playoff game otherwise I see Marvin Lewis getting the can. Something feels really off about the Steelers this year and they will fall short again this year. And I don't really have to talk about the Browns, do I.

AFC South

1. Texans (4)
2. Colts
3. Titans
4. Jaguars

The Texans and Colts will battle it out for a while but I can see the sophomore slump affecting Andrew Luck and the Colts falling out the race in December. The Titans are a mess, and the Jaguars have by far the worse uniforms in football (two tone helmets really, that is pop warner shit right there)

AFC West

1. Broncos (1)
2. Chiefs (6)
3. Chargers
4. Raiders

Yes, this is a homer pick but even with all the shit my Broncos saw in the offseason (faxgate, DUI's for two big wigs, injuires) the Broncos take the #1 seed because of how weak the AFC looks to be this year. As long as Peyton Manning stays healthy and has a good running game, they will be very hard to stop; Me picking the Chiefs to get a wild card spot is all gut feeling but they have a new coach will playoff experience, a new QB who still would have lead the 49ers deep in the playoffs had he now gotten injured, and a solid offense. The Chargers will show promise here there, and the Raiders.....Fuck the Raiders

NFC East

1. Giants (4)
2. Cowboys
3. Redskins
4. Eagles

All in all the east has always been the most competitive division in football and this year will be no different; the big question is can RGIII stay healthy and I'm going to say no; with all the running around he does it's going to come down to a slippery field and/or a player hitting him just right, and pop goes the knee. I have been reading that the Cowboys are a popular pick to make it to the playoffs. I say nay simply because I don't see Tony Romo ever making it to the next level of being a QB

NFC North

1. Packers (3)
2. Vikings
3. Bears
4. Lions

Pretty much the same results as last year, and I can really see the Packers going after the #2 Seed as long as Rodgers stays healthy. The Vikings managed to get into the playoffs by the skin of their teeth in large part due to an amazing season by AP, but teams are going to pay a lot more planning to him, and Ponder will have to step up which I don't see happening enough to push them into the playoffs. DA BEARS have a new coach whose most recent experience was coaching the CFL ya sure; I have been hearing that this year may be the make or break year for Culter who is entering his 5th season with the Bears. And the Lions....well let's put it this way the playoff game in 2011 seems so long ago.

NFC South

1. Falcons (2)
2. Saints (6)
3. Buccaneers
4. Panthers

It is Superbowl or bust for the Falcons and with Sean Payton back as head coach the Saints get a wild card just as long as they don't give up 200 football fields worth of yards on defense like they did last year; both the Panthers and Bucs will show promise but will fade out by November

NFC West

1. 49ers (1)
2. Seahawks (5)
3. Rams
4. Cardinals

The race between the 49ers and the Seahawks will be the most exciting to watch this year; Russel Wilson will be the one player to avoid the sophomore slump and the race could come down to the final week, as I feel like these teams will end up in the 12-14 win range. The Rams are a team to keep an eye on as they may not make the playoffs but they could upset some teams

Playoffs

wildcard round

(5) Bengals over (4) Texans- Third time's the charm!

(3) Ravens over (6) Chiefs

(5) Seahawks over (4) Giants

(3) Packers over (6) Saints

Divisional

(1) Broncos over (5) Bengals

(2) Patriots over (3) Ravens

(1) 49ers over (5) Seahawks

(2) Falcons over (3) Packers

Conference Championship

(1) Broncos over (2) Patriots

(1) 49ers over (2) Falcons

Super Bowl

Broncos 24, 49ers 21

Yes again a homer pick but I feel like the shit stain that was last years playoff loss to the Ravens will really drive Denver to get to the Super Bowl and unless the 49ers just fall apart for some reason I don't see anyone in the NFC being able to stop them.

What do you guys think will happen?
11/19- Judas Priest
Old 09-02-2013, 10:13 AM
N00B

Bengals just signed Atkins to a 5 year deal. Thank God
Killswitch Engage-10/24
Slipknot-11/26
Exodus-12/7
Old 09-02-2013, 10:30 AM
Welcome To My Nightmare...

Don't think I've posted on here about football before, but I've been a Chiefs fan for 10 years. It's been tough, but things are looking good this year!

AFC

AFC East:
Patriots (2)
Miami
Buffalo
NY Jets

The Patriots will undoubtably be weaker this year, but so will the entire AFC. Miami has a decent shot this year, aside from when they will get demolished by the Patriots, but the AFC North will be too strong for them to get a wildcard spot. For some reason I really like Buffalo this year, and even if they struggle at QB, I think Manuel will be the future for them. God help New York.

AFC North:

Ravens (4)
Cincinnati (5)
Pittsburgh
Cleveland

The Ravens are another team that look to be weaker this year. Though I don't feel they were particularly strong last year, and really just rode the momentum to the Super Bowl (and had a lot of luck with John Fox's crucial mistake in the playoffs last year). Cincinnati is going to be good again, but I have a hard time seeing them win the division for some reason. Pittsburgh could definitely sneak in, but Ben looked terrible after the Chiefs game last year (though he looked good in the preseason). Cleveland is going to be a lot better, but the AFC North is so strong that they won't beat 6-10.

AFC South:

Houston (1)
Indianapolis (6)
Tennessee
Jacksonville

Houston is the big winner from the AFC's weakness. As long as Foster stays healthy, they should cruise to the #1 seed. Though Indianapolis won a lot of close games last year, I think Andrew Luck throws far fewer interceptions this year and they are able to get the 6th seed. Tennessee will surprise people this year, and I think Chris Johnson rebounds with Chance Warmack in place (and I'm not just saying that because Johnson is on my fantasy team :P). Jacksonville will struggle until they get their QB situation sorted out, and get some skill players aside from MJD.

AFC West:

Denver (3)
San Diego
Kansas City
Oakland

Wes Welker is a great addition to Denver, but the loss of Von Miller for the first 6 games will have them getting off to a rough start. The weak AFC West will be easy for them to take care of, however, and they'll lock up the division without much trouble. San Diego is another team that I think will surprise people. Many people forget that Phillip Rivers was an MVP candidate at one time, and if he shows any sort of return to form, 8-8 is not unreasonable for them. I do like Kansas City's new offense, but I haven't been overly impressed with them in the preseason. After last season, I refuse to put much faith into them until I see them start winning games. I predict between 6-10 and 8-8 this season, which is still pretty generous. Oakland is the only team that I think is in more trouble than the Jets this year :/

NFC

NFC East:

Dallas (4)
New York Giants
Philadelphia
Washington

Dallas is a team that has been plagued with numerous problems, but Tony Romo's great play always keeps them competitive. I think this is the year they finally put up a decent showing, as the rest of the division is somewhat in turmoil. The Giants will again show flashes of brilliance and mediocrity, and that will ultimately keep them from the playoffs. Philadelphia will be much improved under Chip Kelly as long as Vick doesn't turn the ball over. Washington is a great team, but I think RG III goes down early in the season and Kirk Cousins steps in admirably, but can't salvage the season.

NFC North:

Green Bay (3)
Chicago
Detroit
Minnesota

Never before has a season been so dependent on one player, as Green Bay's backup QB situation shows. If Rodgers goes down, that's it. Still, he's the best QB right now, and will once again lead GB to the playoffs. Chicago is a stacked team, and Trestman is a great coach. I don't know if they'll be able to make the playoffs given how tough the conference is, but I see them posting 8-8 at the very least. Detroit will be better than last year with a monstrous defensive line leading the way. Minnesota will unravel when it is revealed that both Christian Ponder and Matt Cassel are not starting quality QB's.

NFC South:

Atlanta (2)
New Orleans (5)
Carolina
Tampa Bay

Every team in this division is stacked. Atlanta is far more well-rounded than New Orleans, and they also have the best receiving core in the league. Brees won't throw as many picks as last year, and the Saints could easily finish 12-4, but I don't see them beating out Atlanta this year. Carolina will continue their momentum of the second half of last year and post a decent showing. Tampa Bay may not match last year's 7-9, but will prove formidable in a tough division. This is the make or break year for Freeman.

NFC West:

Seattle (1)
San Francisco (6)
St. Louis
Arizona

Seattle is the most well-rounded team in the NFL, and even if Wilson struggles a bit, they should be ok. San Fran is likewise a similar team, but I really don't like Kaepernick and Harbaugh, and I feel like they won't be as competitive as Seattle. The Rams are an improving team, and this should be the year that Bradford steps up to the second tier of QB's. I really liked Arizona until their first-round draft pick was hurt this year. If they weren't in such a tough division, they'd have a shot at 8-8, but much like the NFC South, this division is too good.

Playoffs:

Wildcard:

(6) San Francisco over (3) Green Bay
(4) Dallas over (5) New Orleans
(3) Denver over (6) Indianapolis
(5) Cincinnati over (4) Baltimore

Divisional:

(1) Seattle over (6) San Francisco
(4) Dallas over (2) Atlanta
(2) New England over (3) Denver
(1) Houston over (5) Cincinnati

Conference

(1) Seattle over (4) Dallas
(1) Houston over (5) Cincinnati

Super Bowl
Seattle over Houston
10/18 - King Diamond
Old 09-02-2013, 11:15 AM
You can't save me any more than you can save yourself, so stop fucking trying

I think the Bills are going to have an atrocious season. Like epically bad. The Jets suck but there's no way they're going to be under the Bills.

I don't have the football knowledge to get into ranking and all that but I think the Falcons are going to come out the Superbowl winners in the end. The 49'ers will be very good too, as will the Patriots, Texans and the Broncos.
11/30 - Devin Townsend
12/06 - Distant Worlds: the Music of Final Fantasy
Old 09-02-2013, 11:16 AM

I wonder where Tebow will end up now? A desperate team like the Bills should try pick him up. If not, he'll probably end up in the CFL next year.
11/30 - Devin Townsend
Old 09-02-2013, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamclark52 View Post
I wonder where Tebow will end up now? A desperate team like the Bills should try pick him up. If not, he'll probably end up in the CFL next year.
I thought the only way he would get back in was the Packers, they are a team that showed a little interest when the Jets were trying to get rid of him, but they signed Wallance today, so baring a major QB injury, he will not play this year
11/19- Judas Priest
Old 09-02-2013, 12:15 PM

as for the Jets....I think this picture sums it up nicely

from: http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/...team-name.html
11/19- Judas Priest
Old 09-02-2013, 06:47 PM
WHAT THE FUCK...HAVE....I BECOME!!!!

You peeps sure do have little faith in the Bengals. That team is stacked on offense and on defense.

The breakout year of Giovani Bernard at RB will help them out greatly which will open up Green to go HAM. Bengals will win their division and finally a playoff game.

Atlanta ain't doing shit. People give Dallas shit but Falcons are just as bad. You can have a monster offense but that wont help you when you have a shitty ass defense. They have so many wholes on D it's crazy.

Dallas will finally emerge at the top of the NFC East again and make noise in the playoffs. They won't go to the Bowl but they will finally break out of their slump since everyone on D is healthy and not hurt like last year. Romo will fix his shit finally and Dez Bryant will go fucking HAM like he did the second half of last season. I have faith in my boys :3
Old 09-02-2013, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisposableJustice View Post
as for the Jets....I think this picture sums it up nicely

from: http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/...team-name.html
You need to superimpose a picture of Rex Ryan downing a footlong hoogie in business class into that picture. Completely oblivious to what's going on, focused on the sandwich.
11/30 - Devin Townsend
Old 09-02-2013, 07:16 PM
Concert Veteran

So is anyone else here fortunate enough to have the NFL sunday ticket like me or are you just a bunch of losers who will get whatever the local game is and that's it?