Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Dying Fetus -- Merriam, KS -- July 12th, 2014
Phobia -- Tempe, AZ -- July 11th, 2014
Collective Soul -- Woodhaven, MI -- July 11th, 2014
Warped Tour -- Mansfield, MA -- July 10th, 2014
Metallica -- Warsaw, Poland -- July 11th, 2014

  #481  
Old 09-02-2013, 03:39 AM
MetalIsArt's Avatar
MetalIsArt MetalIsArt is offline
Long live Ronnie James Dio
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Dendermonde, Flanders
Posts: 2,606
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWildAndTheYoung View Post
Well bookfans in general are like that, but when you get a movie that puts almost everything from the book into the movie (like The Hobbit), you get a bunch of people who complain about its length, which is stupid.
That too...

People that call me untroo because I prefer 1999-now Satyricon instead of old.
__________________
Jump in the fire

My album collection: http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=10683&page=16
Reply With Quote
  #482  
Old 09-02-2013, 04:12 AM
El Gordo's Avatar
El Gordo El Gordo is offline
May you go marching in three-measure time, dressed up as asses and drunk to the nines...
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Ontario, CANADA
Posts: 1,720
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWildAndTheYoung View Post
Well bookfans in general are like that, but when you get a movie that puts almost everything from the book into the movie (like The Hobbit), you get a bunch of people who complain about its length, which is stupid.
I think the general complaint about The Hobbit is that they're supposed to be making three movies about it, while they made three movies for LOTR, which is probably something like six times longer than The Hobbit... and a way more epic story, too.
__________________
I love inside jokes, I'd love to be a part of one some day.
Reply With Quote
  #483  
Old 09-02-2013, 04:39 AM
MetalIsArt's Avatar
MetalIsArt MetalIsArt is offline
Long live Ronnie James Dio
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Dendermonde, Flanders
Posts: 2,606
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Gordo View Post
I think the general complaint about The Hobbit is that they're supposed to be making three movies about it, while they made three movies for LOTR, which is probably something like six times longer than The Hobbit... and a way more epic story, too.
I just didn't like The Hobbit, I went to see it because I wanted to give the LOTR movies a second chance. I found it to be boring, with at times, mediocre CGI.
The CGI for the next one looks terrible as well (giant spider!) and I hate Orlando Bloom with a passion.

On a side note: I'm sick of the 3D crap. 2015 in movies will be mostly horrendous.
__________________
Jump in the fire

My album collection: http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=10683&page=16
Reply With Quote
  #484  
Old 09-02-2013, 07:24 AM
TheWildAndTheYoung's Avatar
TheWildAndTheYoung TheWildAndTheYoung is offline
Hunting High And Low
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 2,037
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalIsArt View Post
I just didn't like The Hobbit, I went to see it because I wanted to give the LOTR movies a second chance. I found it to be boring, with at times, mediocre CGI.
The CGI for the next one looks terrible as well (giant spider!) and I hate Orlando Bloom with a passion.

On a side note: I'm sick of the 3D crap. 2015 in movies will be mostly horrendous.
Ehh, I loved the Hobbit, but I'm a Tolkien geek so that's probably why
__________________
7/18 - KISS/Def Leppard
8/14 - Motley Crue/Alice Cooper
Reply With Quote
  #485  
Old 09-02-2013, 08:54 AM
MetalIsArt's Avatar
MetalIsArt MetalIsArt is offline
Long live Ronnie James Dio
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Dendermonde, Flanders
Posts: 2,606
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWildAndTheYoung View Post
Ehh, I loved the Hobbit, but I'm a Tolkien geek so that's probably why
We all make mistakes
__________________
Jump in the fire

My album collection: http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=10683&page=16
Reply With Quote
  #486  
Old 09-02-2013, 09:17 AM
El Gordo's Avatar
El Gordo El Gordo is offline
May you go marching in three-measure time, dressed up as asses and drunk to the nines...
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Ontario, CANADA
Posts: 1,720
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalIsArt View Post
I just didn't like The Hobbit, I went to see it because I wanted to give the LOTR movies a second chance. I found it to be boring, with at times, mediocre CGI.
The CGI for the next one looks terrible as well (giant spider!) and I hate Orlando Bloom with a passion.

On a side note: I'm sick of the 3D crap. 2015 in movies will be mostly horrendous.
I loved the LOTR trilogy, I liked The Hobbit. It annoys me how much detail they're going into with it when so much got cut out of LOTR, which is my biggest beef, really. I have no problem with the CGI, but I've never paid much attention to that stuff anyway.

I don't like the 3D stuff, either. I hated that that was my only option at the movie theatre to see this movie. I rarely go out to see a movie these days and if everything's going to be 3D, rarely will turn into never.
__________________
I love inside jokes, I'd love to be a part of one some day.
Reply With Quote
  #487  
Old 09-02-2013, 09:45 AM
PVH5150's Avatar
PVH5150 PVH5150 is offline
Dave Meniketti > mankvill
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Somerville, MA
Posts: 2,726
On the "Shuffle 25 songs" thread, or any other thread relating to listing artists and their respective songs....when people list the song title before the artist. Godfuckingdamnit, that drives me insane.
Reply With Quote
  #488  
Old 09-02-2013, 10:18 AM
Bengals279's Avatar
Bengals279 Bengals279 is offline
N00B
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Kansas
Posts: 610
The LOTR trilogy was much better then the first Hobbit movie. The Hobbit was just to digital and computerized. I hated the way they made the orcs/golbins look. I wish they would have stayed with the LOTR version. And 3 parts? It could have easily only been 2 or 1
__________________
Eyes Set To Kill-7/8
Dying Fetus- 7/12
Cannibal Corpse- 7/15
Trapt-7/23
Warped-7/31
Sidewise- 8/9
Soufly- 8/11
Gemini Syndrome- 8/16
Reply With Quote
  #489  
Old 09-02-2013, 10:27 AM
Dextrimental's Avatar
Dextrimental Dextrimental is offline
SADISTIC, MAGICIAN
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Ireland
Posts: 2,547
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals279 View Post
The LOTR trilogy was much better then the first Hobbit movie. The Hobbit was just to digital and computerized. I hated the way they made the orcs/golbins look. I wish they would have stayed with the LOTR version. And 3 parts? It could have easily only been 2 or 1
It's funny, people who haven't read the book are complaining about 3 films, but people who have love it because the films contain EVERY detail from the book possible. It's one of the few big book to film adaptations that fans of the source material generally enjoy.
__________________
Yesterday don't mean SHIT.
Reply With Quote
  #490  
Old 09-02-2013, 11:08 AM
adamclark52's Avatar
adamclark52 adamclark52 is offline
You can't save me any more than you can save yourself, so stop fucking trying
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Keswick, Ontario
Posts: 4,012
Quote:
Originally Posted by PVH5150 View Post
On the "Shuffle 25 songs" thread, or any other thread relating to listing artists and their respective songs....when people list the song title before the artist. Godfuckingdamnit, that drives me insane.
...sorry...
__________________
08/23 - Alice in Chains
09/19 - Deafheaven
10/18 - King Diamond
11/01 - Suffocation
12/06 - Distant Worlds: the Music of Final Fantasy
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 11:43 PM.


Blah Blah Blah Copyright WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM 2008