Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

King Crimson -- Boston, MA -- September 15th, 2014
Overkill -- West Springfield, VA -- September 11th, 2014
ProgPower USA Kick-Off -- Atlanta, GA -- September 11th, 2014
ProgPower USA XV Day 2 -- Atlanta, GA -- September 13th, 2014
ProgPower USA XV Day 1 -- Atlanta, GA -- September 12th, 2014

Old 08-29-2013, 12:26 PM
I got jumped by 2 thugs... they told me my battery was dead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanitarium78 View Post
He's pretty much been done with them for awhile now even though he was still under contract for some time. He was a good wrestler but he just didn't have any personality or given a character to make you care about him. Maybe they should've made him a Heyman guy, that would've helped him out.

I don't get why Vince has forgotten about how great managers can be when it comes to getting guys with little or no mic skills over. There's plenty of guys who could have benefited from that over the last number of years. Instead he just let's them go out there and flounder on their own when it's obvious all some of these guys need is a good talker at their side to help get them over.
I like T.D. Jr. Sure he didn't do much, but he was/is a lot more enjoyable than Cody Rhodes.
Speaking of Cody, I watched the first 5 minutes of Main Event last night... those cheers HAD to be edited in for Cody, it was insanely loud

And to the Manager topic, I feel Heyman is not helping Curt Hennig's son at all. That dude is just not believable. I am sure he is good and I am just not watching him enough, but he's just too generic for me.

- Funeral Age
facebook.com/funeralageofficial
funeralage.bandcamp.com
Old 08-30-2013, 09:19 PM
Some People Call Me The White Devil

Quote:
Chris Jericho was interviewed by Suplex Media with topics ranging from his band, the next generation of WWE stars and more. Here are highlights:

- He currently has no plans to return to WWE, as his schedule is dictated around Fozzy. He’s done as a full-time pro wrestler.

- He said his match against Fandango at Wrestlemania wasn’t his first choice, but he was asked by Vince McMahon. He said they did a great job and it set the stage for the reaction Fandango got the next night on RAW. He added that now that the “fad” has died down, Fandango will have to work harder to get the audience’s respect, similar to how Jericho came in as a huge deal in 1999 and had to come down and show the world what he had.

- He said there only a few people left that have what he and his generation had.

- He said he may wrestle for another ten years or he may not. He said now is a good time to work with younger talent that is still learning, so he can teach them what he’s learned over his 22-year career. He said he’s happy doing whatever WWE offers and mentioned The Shield, Big E. Langston, Antonio Cesaro and Curtis Axel as talents he worked with. He also said that Daniel Bryan was “doing great” and WWE has a “really good mix” right now.

- He praised Triple H’s work in taking over the company and the developmental system. He said things have changed in how talent breaks into the business compared to when he did. He added he wouldn’t be the “crotchety old guy” complaining things were better in his day.

- He said in his most recent run, he wasn’t worried about wins or losses, just entertaining the audience.

- He said he was in the middle of his third book and is pitching different projects. He will have two new online shows coming soon.
http://www.wrestlingspy.com/2013/08/...edium=facebook
Old 08-30-2013, 09:21 PM

I guess Kevin Nash posted a picture of a TNA TV Taping he was at recently.
Old 08-31-2013, 04:43 AM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by John The Drummer View Post
I like T.D. Jr. Sure he didn't do much, but he was/is a lot more enjoyable than Cody Rhodes.
Speaking of Cody, I watched the first 5 minutes of Main Event last night... those cheers HAD to be edited in for Cody, it was insanely loud

And to the Manager topic, I feel Heyman is not helping Curt Hennig's son at all. That dude is just not believable. I am sure he is good and I am just not watching him enough, but he's just too generic for me.
Cody is a lot better than Dibiase Jr. Cody is one of those guys that no matter what they give him, he seems to do his best to make it work. Kind of like what Kane has done his whole career. Cody has also shown that he does have some personality and can talk on the mic. His problem right now is he has no character. He's just a guy wrestling on the card that the WWE isn't giving us a reason to care either way about at the moment.

It's still too soon for me to give a full verdict on Curtis Axel. The guy is solid in the ring, he knows what he's doing in a match and does everything well during it. It's just nothing about him stands out in the least. His moves are ordinary for the most part and he is devoid of any kind of personality which is the exact opposite of his father. Still, we're only a few months into his run with Heyman. I'll give it until maybe to Royal Rumble to see if this really helps Axel in anyway or not. You're right though, as of right now he's just too generic. Maybe something will finally click with him in the next few months and he can stand out in some way. I've read Triple H is a fan of Axel's, so he'll probably have a regular spot on TV for a while unless he royally fucks up.
Old 08-31-2013, 04:51 AM
You can't save me any more than you can save yourself, so stop fucking trying

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcmetal108 View Post

I guess Kevin Nash posted a picture of a TNA TV Taping he was at recently.
Ouch, reminds me of the last six months of WCW.

It's kind of hard to tell but is that one cluster of six or seven people in the one section and that's it?
11/01 - Suffocation
11/30 - Devin Townsend
12/06 -DistantWorlds:theMusicofFinalFantasy
Old 08-31-2013, 05:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamclark52 View Post

It's kind of hard to tell but is that one cluster of six or seven people in the one section and that's it?
Looks like it.
Old 08-31-2013, 05:15 AM
Concert Veteran

I've been to wrestling shows with that kind of attendance before. If that pic was taken by Nash it probably brings back fond memories of when he was WWF champ and performed in front of half empty places

I'm guessing if this was a TV taping this was probably the side where the cameras were set up. Even the WWE will block off a whole section of seats just for the TV cameras. Obviously TNA is still having problems marketing as it's more than one empty section. Their TV taping this week was in Cleveland. If you can't get wrestling fans in that city to come see you then you've really got to change your marketing strategy.
Old 08-31-2013, 08:23 AM
You can't save me any more than you can save yourself, so stop fucking trying

I went to a Smackdown taping in late 2002 that had a large portion of the upper area taped off, but nothing that bad.
11/01 - Suffocation
11/30 - Devin Townsend
12/06 -DistantWorlds:theMusicofFinalFantasy
Old 08-31-2013, 06:09 PM
WHAT THE FUCK...HAVE....I BECOME!!!!

My gawd! AJ Styles "Pipe Bomb" was fucking horrible.
Old 08-31-2013, 06:10 PM
I don't have an anger management problem, you have a retard problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamclark52 View Post

I went to a TNA event in January 2012. They were at the Tsongas Center in Lowell, Massachusetts. Place holds 7,500 people. There couldn't have been more than 600 people there. It was sad.