Downset -- Albany, NY -- July 24th, 2014
Megadeth -- Tolmin, Slovenia -- July 25th, 2014
Nine Inch Nails -- Tinley Park, IL -- July 24th, 2014
Queen -- Columbia, MD -- July 20th, 2014
Deathwish Fest -- Cambridge, MA -- July 22nd, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > General Chat

Old 08-31-2013, 04:24 AM
Concert Veteran

Wow, you would think as good comedian like Chappelle would know how to handle hecklers at this point in his career. Just rip into the hecklers and make them look like the assholes they are like other comedians do.

I remember when I saw George Carlin about 15 years ago and he shut a heckler up real quick. George came out and started his set and some guy shouted some stuff at him a couple times. Both times Carlin asked him nicely to be quite but when they guy interrupted a third time Carlin said "would somebody shove a dick in that guys mouth so he shuts the fuck up?" That line got huge laughs from the audience and the guy didn't say anything for the rest of the show. Now, that's how you handle a heckler.
Old 08-31-2013, 05:11 AM
Some People Call Me The White Devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanitarium78 View Post
Wow, you would think as good comedian like Chappelle would know how to handle hecklers at this point in his career. Just rip into the hecklers and make them look like the assholes they are like other comedians do.

I remember when I saw George Carlin about 15 years ago and he shut a heckler up real quick. George came out and started his set and some guy shouted some stuff at him a couple times. Both times Carlin asked him nicely to be quite but when they guy interrupted a third time Carlin said "would somebody shove a dick in that guys mouth so he shuts the fuck up?" That line got huge laughs from the audience and the guy didn't say anything for the rest of the show. Now, that's how you handle a heckler.
Yeah almost every bigger comedian knows how to handle one, apparently Dave lost his mind more than imagined.
Old 08-31-2013, 05:21 AM
Concert Veteran

All this is gonna do is get more idiots to heckle Chappelle at future shows. It seems pretty obvious Dave is more mentally fragile than we thought he was after he quite his TV show.
Old 08-31-2013, 07:53 AM
Like a chupacabra, but with dicks

Dealing with one heckler is a lot different than trying to talk over many people screaming things at you in an environment like that.

Anyways, it seems like things went off without a hitch last night in Pittsburgh, so hopefully this was an isolated incident.