Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Bob Seger -- Saginaw, MI -- November 19th, 2014
Ace Frehley -- Uncasville, CT -- November 21st, 2014
Nuclear War Now! Fest IV -- Berlin, Germany -- November 7-8th, 2014
Deafheaven -- Toronto, Ontario -- November 21st, 2014
Threshold -- London, England -- November 20th, 2014

Old 08-23-2013, 02:42 PM
"I call it torture you call it life. A slave to money and everything I despise"

Bumping this thread to tell a story of what happened to me last night that REALLY pissed me off.

So my birthday was Tuesday, but I had to work so my family took me out to dinner last night to celebrate (it was my brother's birthday too, we are twins). So anyway, there were two guys sitting at a table next to us that were talking about politics and the military the whole time, and saying all kinds of violent stuff about killing people and stuff. Whatever, not appropriate at all since there were families in the restaurant, but I can just ignore that stuff (I'm a metal fan, I can put up with violent talk lol).

But then they started talking about Chelsea (Bradley) Manning. I'm not gonna get into politics here, beliefs are beliefs and I respect that. But the offensive language they were using got me so fucking mad. They were making fun of him for wanting to become a woman, using super homophobic and transphobic words, saying racist things about Obama (again, if you like or don't like him whatever, just don't be racist. Then they were going on and on saying Manning, Obama, and "all lefties" need to be "swinging from the end of a rope." And on top of all this, my brother is gay (identifies as queer), so how the hell is he supposed to feel about all this as he tries to celebrate his fucking birthday?? Eventually he got up and stormed out, and my Dad said someting before we all left, but that was just a really bad experience overall. I know people think like this, but hearing it firsthand just makes it that much worse. I am still glad my family took me out and it was a nice dinner, but we all left upset, which sucked. Sorry for the long rant, but its been a long time since I've been upset. If my brother wasn't so against fighting he would have beat the shit out of those guys. Even though there were both big guys, he had the anger of like 8 people inside of him. I felt so bad, any gay/queer/trans people should ever have to put up with that shit.
1/2 Forn
1/11 Mayhem/Revenge
2/7 Napalm Death
Old 08-23-2013, 04:33 PM
I'm Young, I'm Wild, And I'm Free

Quote:
Originally Posted by energymetal14 View Post
Bumping this thread to tell a story of what happened to me last night that REALLY pissed me off.

So my birthday was Tuesday, but I had to work so my family took me out to dinner last night to celebrate (it was my brother's birthday too, we are twins). So anyway, there were two guys sitting at a table next to us that were talking about politics and the military the whole time, and saying all kinds of violent stuff about killing people and stuff. Whatever, not appropriate at all since there were families in the restaurant, but I can just ignore that stuff (I'm a metal fan, I can put up with violent talk lol).

But then they started talking about Chelsea (Bradley) Manning. I'm not gonna get into politics here, beliefs are beliefs and I respect that. But the offensive language they were using got me so fucking mad. They were making fun of him for wanting to become a woman, using super homophobic and transphobic words, saying racist things about Obama (again, if you like or don't like him whatever, just don't be racist. Then they were going on and on saying Manning, Obama, and "all lefties" need to be "swinging from the end of a rope." And on top of all this, my brother is gay (identifies as queer), so how the hell is he supposed to feel about all this as he tries to celebrate his fucking birthday?? Eventually he got up and stormed out, and my Dad said someting before we all left, but that was just a really bad experience overall. I know people think like this, but hearing it firsthand just makes it that much worse. I am still glad my family took me out and it was a nice dinner, but we all left upset, which sucked. Sorry for the long rant, but its been a long time since I've been upset. If my brother wasn't so against fighting he would have beat the shit out of those guys. Even though there were both big guys, he had the anger of like 8 people inside of him. I felt so bad, any gay/queer/trans people should ever have to put up with that shit.
Man dude, that does totally suck.I don't support homosexuality personally, but I don't hate people that are homosexual (I know a few actually), I accept them and treat them with respect, and that's how everyone should treat them rather they believe in it or not.If I was your brother I'd be pissed to, people these days....

Last edited by TheWildAndTheYoung; 08-23-2013 at 04:38 PM.
Old 08-23-2013, 05:47 PM
and you can never quarantine the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWildAndTheYoung View Post
Man dude, that does totally suck.I don't support homosexuality personally, but I don't hate people that are homosexual (I know a few actually), I accept them and treat them with respect, and that's how everyone should treat them rather they believe in it or not.If I was your brother I'd be pissed to, people these days....
I hope I never see you post here again
Old 08-23-2013, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by larvtard View Post
I hope I never see you post here again
Why because I personally don't think homosexuality is right? I don't hate people who are, I don't treat them bad, I'm friendly to them, I just don't personally believe in what they believe.It's just like with metal really, I believe it's the best music in the world but I have many friends (and family) that will disagree, but I don't hate them because they don't believe what I believe.Same with God to, I have many friends that don't really believe in God but they are still my friends.And like I said, I know a few gays and are friends with them.
Old 08-23-2013, 06:24 PM
SADISTIC, MAGICIAN

Quote:
Why because I personally don't think homosexuality is right? I don't hate people who are, I don't treat them bad, I'm friendly to them, I just don't personally believe in what they believe.It's just like with metal really, I believe it's the best music in the world but I have many friends (and family) that will disagree, but I don't hate them because they don't believe what I believe.Same with God to, I have many friends that don't really believe in God but they are still my friends.And like I said, I know a few gays and are friends with them.
You have an incredibly misguided outlook on what homosexuality is if you think it's absolutely anything to do with a persons beliefs that makes them gay.
Old 08-23-2013, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextrimental View Post
You have an incredibly misguided outlook on what homosexuality is if you think it's absolutely anything to do with a persons beliefs that makes them gay.
No that's not what I meant, I meant it has to do with beliefs if they think it is right or not.I know some people are just born like that, so that's why I don't hate them or disrespect them.I'm not here to tell people what is wrong and what is right, it's not place for that.It's a very sensitive subject that I am not comfortable talking about much so let's just leave it at that.If I offended anyone I'm sorry, I don't believe homosexuality is moral, but I accept it and respect those that are homosexual.

I do however hate those that make fun and attack homosexuals.
Old 08-23-2013, 10:47 PM
HEY! LISTEN!

how can you believe that some people are born immoral?

what the fuck does moral even mean then

*already regrets stoking the flames of debate*

@energymetal: That really fucking sucks. I can't stand people like that... it's just... MEAN. Being prejudiced that strongly is bad enough , but talking openly like that in a place where people of all sorts are trying to be different is brazenly rude.
Old 08-23-2013, 11:13 PM
It's fun to take a trip. Put acid in your veins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by energymetal14 View Post

Jesus Christ. I'm with you man; I don't feel that anyone should have to go through that kind of shit. Was your brother alright after that?
10/28 - Mike Watt
10/29 - Melvins
11/7 - 7 Seconds
Old 08-24-2013, 05:23 AM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
I do however hate those that make fun and attack homosexuals.
You said you don't approve of homosexuality and you don't think it's moral. You attacked it yourself by saying that. So do you hate yourself? You have a very ignorant outlook on the topic if you think people can somehow help who they are attracted to. I'm attracted to women, it wasn't a decision I made it's just the way things went. It's the same with someone who is homosexual. It's not a choice they make, they just go with what feels natural to them as individuals. It has nothing to do with believing in anything, it's just sexual preference.
Old 08-24-2013, 05:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanitarium78 View Post
You said you don't approve of homosexuality and you don't think it's moral. You attacked it yourself by saying that. So do you hate yourself? You have a very ignorant outlook on the topic if you think people can somehow help who they are attracted to. I'm attracted to women, it wasn't a decision I made it's just the way things went. It's the same with someone who is homosexual. It's not a choice they make, they just go with what feels natural to them as individuals. It has nothing to do with believing in anything, it's just sexual preference.
How did I attack homosexuals? I don't make fun of them, I don't insult them, and I have friends that are.