Man in the Box
Got me Wrong
Last of My Kind
Stone
Down in a Hole
No Excuses
Would?
Rooster

AiC put on a predictably really good set. I would have LOVED to hear Grind, but since they haven't played it on this tour yet I figured it was an outside shot even with them switching up the middle of the set a bit throughout the tour. They were the only band I really enjoyed though. The only side stage bands I thought were tolerable was Danko Jones (who had a lot of energy and was a sometimes funny chatterbox) and Walking Papers. Jane's Addiction were boring as fuck, and Coheed and Cambria pissed me off by making me wait until the end of their set to play Welcome Home. I was hoping they'd open with it so I could do other things since I just had a lawn ticket anyway. But all of this I kind of expected, and I always feel like I owe it to myself to check out at least most of a big package tour, even though I regret it later and end up wishing I just showed up for the band(s) I wanted to see.

And I thought I should point out that Walking Papers were one of the bands doing a signing if you buy their CD. I checked it out for a bit, and every band member showed up for the signing EXCEPT Duff. I realize that band members likely don't want to do signings right after they play a set, and it's common for only some of the band members to show up for signings on tours like these, but considering he is in all likelihood the main draw for this band and i'm sure most people who showed up to the signing did so to meet him, it's kind of a dick thing to do. So for those of you going to future shows and want to meet Duff McKagan, beware as he might not show up.

Last edited by AnthG; 08-22-2013 at 02:22 PM.
Old 08-22-2013, 12:29 AM

They played Grind not too long ago, they've been switching up the setlist more so than I expected to since they're playing a shortened set.

The Walking Papers signing was free at the shows I saw them at.
Old 08-22-2013, 06:36 AM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coma323 View Post
They played Grind not too long ago, they've been switching up the setlist more so than I expected to since they're playing a shortened set.
Yeah, I've been checking setlist fm every few days just to see what they're playing at each show. They're doing a really good job every night with changing the set up. They haven't played the same set twice so far on Uproar from what I've seen. Most of the set stays the same but there seems to be three or four spots that get switched up every show.

Tags
alice in chains