Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Boris -- Santa Cruz, CA -- August 21st, 2014
Skid Row -- Toronto, Ontario -- August 20th, 2014
The Quireboys -- West Hollywood, CA -- August 6th, 2014
High on Fire -- Los Angeles, CA -- August 19th, 2014
Nothing More -- Baltimore, MD -- August 18th, 2014

  #111  
Old 08-09-2013, 12:00 PM
John The Drummer's Avatar
John The Drummer John The Drummer is online now
PAAAAAAANTURRRUUUHHHHHH!! !!!!
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 4,536
People that say one word, then correct themself by replacing it with a bigger word that means the same thing to try and sound more smarter.
__________________
- Dalla Nebbia
facebook.com/dallanebbiamusic
dallanebbia.bandcamp.com

- Funeral Age
facebook.com/funeralageofficial
funeralage.bandcamp.com
Reply With Quote
  #112  
Old 08-09-2013, 01:27 PM
ravenheart's Avatar
ravenheart ravenheart is offline
Meanwhile, behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore...
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: England
Posts: 18,088
Quote:
Originally Posted by John The Drummer View Post
People that say one word, then correct themself by replacing it with a bigger word that means the same thing to try and sound more smarter.
Equivalent is the word you're looking for
__________________
www.jukeboxmetal.com
http://jukeboxmetal.blogspot.com

7/9 Pentagram
16/9 Richie Kotzen
19/9 Kamchatka
Reply With Quote
  #113  
Old 08-09-2013, 01:35 PM
TheWildAndTheYoung's Avatar
TheWildAndTheYoung TheWildAndTheYoung is online now
I'm Young, I'm Wild, And I'm Free
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 2,159
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Gordo View Post
Dude... order online.
I would do that, but to be honest last time I ordered online I ordered about 5 albums and it took 3-4 weeks for them to show up.I know I might sound like a idiot but I don't want to wait that long when I want an album.Most of the music I am able to buy anyway is because someone has given me an iTunes card.
__________________
8/16 - Motley Crue/Alice Cooper
9/27 - Styx
Reply With Quote
  #114  
Old 08-09-2013, 01:52 PM
TheWildAndTheYoung's Avatar
TheWildAndTheYoung TheWildAndTheYoung is online now
I'm Young, I'm Wild, And I'm Free
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 2,159
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenheart View Post
Yeah, this. Seriously, nothing you buy is remotely rare or expensive. And online it's probably even cheaper than in stores.
not rare yuh? How about you try to find Wings Of Tomorrow, Hall Of The Mountain King, Nightfall In Middle-Earth, or Rest In Sleaze (the albums I want) in a record store here in Georgia.Georgia has no record stores that sell underground metal/rock albums, at least none that I've found.

And I know that the CDs I want are not expensive, but all my income comes from my birthday, Christmas, and an occasional paying gig, so that's the only time I am able to buy CD's (except for when my parents decide to buy some for me if the CDs are low priced at a Walmart or Best Buy).Using iTunes is the only way I can get a sure fire album right when I purchase it.Now, when the album I want isn't on iTunes (like Rest in Sleaze), then there is a problem.
__________________
8/16 - Motley Crue/Alice Cooper
9/27 - Styx
Reply With Quote
  #115  
Old 08-09-2013, 01:54 PM
Spiner202's Avatar
Spiner202 Spiner202 is offline
Welcome To My Nightmare...
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,085
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWildAndTheYoung View Post
not rare yuh? How about you try to find Wings Of Tomorrow, Hall Of The Mountain King, Nightfall In Middle-Earth, or Rest In Sleaze (the albums I want) in a record store here in Georgia.Georgia has no record stores that sell underground metal/rock albums, at least none that I've found.

And I know that the CDs I want are not expensive, but all my income comes from my birthday, Christmas, and an occasional paying gig, so that's the only time I am able to buy CD's (except for when my parents decide to buy some for me if the CDs are low priced at a Walmart or Best Buy).Using iTunes is the only way I can get a sure fire album right when I purchase it.Now, when the album I want isn't on iTunes (like Rest in Sleaze), then there is a problem.
http://www.amazon.com/Hall-Mountain-...+mountain+king

http://www.amazon.com/Wings-Tomorrow...gs+of+tomorrow

http://www.amazon.com/Rest-Sleaze-Cr...rest+in+sleaze

When I order from Amazon (using their free shipping) it takes 1-2 days for me. I'm lucky because I live near their processing plant in Canada, but I'm sure it's quite similar in the US.
__________________
9/5 - Spell/Manacle
9/6 - Crimson Shadows CD Release Party
10/17 - Satan
10/18 - King Diamond
Reply With Quote
  #116  
Old 08-09-2013, 08:29 PM
TheWildAndTheYoung's Avatar
TheWildAndTheYoung TheWildAndTheYoung is online now
I'm Young, I'm Wild, And I'm Free
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 2,159
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiner202 View Post
http://www.amazon.com/Hall-Mountain-...+mountain+king

http://www.amazon.com/Wings-Tomorrow...gs+of+tomorrow

http://www.amazon.com/Rest-Sleaze-Cr...rest+in+sleaze

When I order from Amazon (using their free shipping) it takes 1-2 days for me. I'm lucky because I live near their processing plant in Canada, but I'm sure it's quite similar in the US.
Considering it did take 3-4 weeks
for me says other wise.And I know you can find those albums online, but it sounded like he said that CD's that I would buy aren't rare at record stores.If he didn't mean it that way I apologize for my previous sentence.
__________________
8/16 - Motley Crue/Alice Cooper
9/27 - Styx
Reply With Quote
  #117  
Old 08-09-2013, 10:21 PM
XDoomsayerX XDoomsayerX is offline
I'm reaching out for something else.
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: California
Posts: 1,480
The phrase tumblr. famous. Wtf does that mean...if I had a tumblr. would I know? Even then it just bugs the shit out of me when I say yeah I listen to [blank] and someone says ooo theyre tumblr famous.
__________________
Senses Fail-10/3
Mastojira-10/17
TWY/TSSF-10/19
Tough Mudder-10/26
Real Friends/Neck Deep?-11/7
Reply With Quote
  #118  
Old 08-09-2013, 10:52 PM
BloodoftheKings's Avatar
BloodoftheKings BloodoftheKings is offline
Rats off to ya
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Strong Island
Posts: 5,938
Quote:
Originally Posted by XDoomsayerX View Post
The phrase tumblr. famous. Wtf does that mean...if I had a tumblr. would I know? Even then it just bugs the shit out of me when I say yeah I listen to [blank] and someone says ooo theyre tumblr famous.
I assume this happens to you when you talk about "the wave" bands like La Dispute, Touche Amore, Defeater, etc. I don't use tumblr but apparently all the scene girls on there love those bands.
Reply With Quote
  #119  
Old 08-09-2013, 11:17 PM
XDoomsayerX XDoomsayerX is offline
I'm reaching out for something else.
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: California
Posts: 1,480
Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodoftheKings View Post
I assume this happens to you when you talk about "the wave" bands like La Dispute, Touche Amore, Defeater, etc. I don't use tumblr but apparently all the scene girls on there love those bands.
Pretty much.

Also this thread is dope, makes me chuckle.

Agree with the smartphone thing especially peeps who drive and are always on the phone now, like goddamn who cares if someone liked your fb post bout going to the gym to take pics.

Oh peeps who obsess over the gym, thats a new trend now.
__________________
Senses Fail-10/3
Mastojira-10/17
TWY/TSSF-10/19
Tough Mudder-10/26
Real Friends/Neck Deep?-11/7

Last edited by XDoomsayerX; 08-09-2013 at 11:20 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #120  
Old 08-10-2013, 01:33 AM
MetalIsArt's Avatar
MetalIsArt MetalIsArt is offline
Long live Ronnie James Dio
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Dendermonde, Flanders
Posts: 2,849
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Gordo View Post
Dude... order online.
Something new!
__________________
Music is my life - Everything from ADELE to Napalm Death.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 09:03 PM.


Blah Blah Blah Copyright WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM 2008