Review Your Choices
Everything's Turning to Night
When the Screams Come
All Your Sins
Petrified
Relentless
Be Forewarned
20 Buck Spin

Since I didn't feel like paying approximately 3 million dollars to see Sabbath last night, I dropped a 20 on hometown doom-wizards tonight. No regrets.

Also on the bill were locals A Sound of Thunder, a killer female-fronted band that will hopefully go places, and local Iron Maiden tribute Sons of Eddie, who rocked; the other locals may have sucked or ruled, I was busy drinking.

Pentagram was in top form, Bobby sounded great and was twerkin like a madman. Crowd was a bit dead but I've stopped expecting better from Jaxx, even when you have rad bands like Overkill or Immolation playing people prefer to stand there with their arms crossed and ogle the guitarist rather than headbang or actually seem like they care. The first album songs got the best reception, especially the wicked opening combo of Sign of the Wolf & The Ghoul. Bobby gave a shout out to his mom, who was in attendance, before Forever My Queen (if memory serves), and had a hilarious rant at the soundguy, otherwise a very smooth and professional set from a historically troubled band. Totally recommend seeing Pentagram if you can, I think they have another date or two coming up on the east coast.

Last edited by BrutalN00dle; 08-03-2013 at 08:40 PM.
Old 08-04-2013, 12:33 AM
Smoke Satan, Worship Crack

I'm still bummed I missed seeing Pentagram in Montana last week. Had a chance to go and it was ruined last minute. Also, I'm surprised Bobby's mom is still alive. He's like 200 years old.
Old 08-04-2013, 06:18 PM
N00B

Below is a photo of the set list, with their corrections. While I was at the same show, I have a totally different take on it. Bobby was so wasted that the band took the stage late because they were trying to sober him up. He was hardly coherent on stage and his words ran together and he barely formed complete sentences. He yelled at the sound guys in the middle of a song and I'm pretty sure the real problem was just that he was hammered. The new guitar player wasn't bad but he's no Victor Griffin and his tone was muddy in the mix. I've seen Pentagram several times before but this was the worst I've seen them.

Old 08-04-2013, 06:33 PM
Fuck you.

That's sad. I'd hoped Bobby was staying clean.
Old 08-07-2013, 07:45 PM
N00B

I def agree with Metal Chris on this one- Bobby seemed a bit wasted to me, especially with his history

But they still sounded good to me- I am kind of kicking myself that I really didn't pay attention to them open for Down earlier this year

A Sound of Thunder was solid, and other openers Despite Charm (good), and Sons of Eddie (decent Maiden covers) were fun too.

My take
Old 08-07-2013, 08:26 PM
MAN IS NOT ALONE IN THIS WORLD AND MANKIND IS NOT COMPLETELY ABSURD

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrutalN00dle View Post
Bobby had a hilarious rant at the soundguy
Same shit also happened at my show. I saw Pentagram at the "Power of The Riff" Fest in 2011, and through out most of the set all bobby keep doing was bitching at the sound/light guys to shine more lights in his face for his performance. It was pretty hilarious to say the least. It was also somewhat of a turn off and an overkill for me(he was seriously dragging this shit till damn near the end of the set). None the less, they were still heavy as hell.
10/19 - D.R.I
11/10 - Judas Priest
11/14 - Slayer

Tags
pentagram