Queensryche -- Uncasville, CT -- April 19th, 2014
Scott Stapp -- London, England -- April 23rd, 2014
Megadeth -- Quito, Ecuador -- April 22nd, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Album Reviews

Old 08-07-2013, 07:34 AM
You can't save me any more than you can save yourself, so stop fucking trying

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthG View Post
That was to add up to a minute of silence for Justin, the kid who met them through Make-a-Wish and who they wrote the song "Justin" from that album about.
Okay, now I feel like a dick.

But actually, I remember reading an interview with the band when the album came out. The interviewer asked what the deal with the twelve blank tracks was and the bands answer was "nobody's ever done it, so we figured why no". No mention of Justin.

But that's really the stupidest answer I've ever heard in my life. I'm pretty sure it was Guitar World magazine and it was Munky and Head doing the interview.
07/04 - Agalloch
08/23 - Alice in Chains
12/06 - the Music of Final Fantasy

Last edited by adamclark52; 08-07-2013 at 09:33 AM.
Old 08-07-2013, 05:51 PM
Close your eyes forget your name

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamclark52 View Post
I was a hardcore KoRn fan from the first album, and I loved the second one too. But Follow the Leader just did not sit well with me from day one. Something about that album just didn't have the gritty, raw feel of their first two. And very few of the songs were even good, to me. And making the first twelve tracks four seconds of dead air? What the fuck is that? Issues I enjoyed a lot more. I actually liked the instrumental interludes most and the last song.

That said, I've sold or traded in very few of my CDs over the years. Follow the Leader and Issues aren't in my collection anymore. Whereas the first two albums will never leave. In a way, I wish I'd kept Issues.

(I still have my copy of Untouchables, but that's only because when I was selling them no one wanted it)
Interesting it was the other way for me; I got Korn and Life is Peachy and while I liked some songs like Blind, Lies, Clown, A.D.I.D.A.S., and No Place to Hide, I just wasn't as into those albums as I was FTL and Issues. Now, I hold their first 4 albums in equal light
Old 08-07-2013, 06:04 PM

Papa Roach- Infest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sepultura69 View Post
I remember I purchased "Issues" at a virgin Record store in 1999. I was in 5th or 6th grade at the time during my Elementary days. It was my first Korn album and I use to be obsessed with the it. I Could not stop playing it day and night. "Trash" was my favorite song on the album. Truth be told, I don't really listen to Korn at all anymore, nor can i really stand them anymore. It's funny, I remember during my Elementry years the only bands that ruled my world was Papa roach, limp bizkit, Korn, Blink 182 ahahhaa all that good stuff. Everything changed though once I got into middle school and I discovered a little band called Slayer in 7th grade during September of 2001(I was first introduced to the band by the song "Disciple". Yes, that was my very first Slayer song)....that's pretty much when i stopped listening to limb biz kit, Korn, and all those other great bands.
This, expect for me it was Metallica; I'll get to them here soon but hearing them just blew Korn, Papa Roach Cold, Limp Bizkit and others out the water. Slayer didn't really come to me until college which sucks because I know I missed some great tours of that. Speaking of Papa Roach......

1. "Infest"
2. "Last Resort"
3. "Broken Home"
4. "Dead Cell"
5. "Between Angels and Insects"
6. "Blood Brothers"
7. "Revenge"
8. "Snakes"
9. "Never Enough"
10. "Binge"
11. "Thrown Away"

CUT MY LIFE INTO PIECES

THIS IS MY LAST RESORT

SUFFOCATION NO BREATHING

DON'T GIVE A F&*$ IF I CUT MY ARM BLEDDING

----

For those of you who remember these famous lyrics, this album was a huge deal back in 2000; Every depressed teen loved it, adults shit their pants in fear of thinking the song would promote suicide. Again, me being all woe is me and shit, I jumped right on this when I heard Last Resort. Needless to say my love affair with the album lasted about 6 months before I moved on. The rest of the album listening to it now is a bit of a let down with Blood Brothers and Snakes being ok. Papa Roach rode this for a while then just dropped off the map when they had to record a follow up to this. I didn't even realize until doing some research today that they are up to 7 albums. Maybe it is because I'm older and wiser(ish) but I don't see any value in this album. It was good for the times but today it feels weak

Today's score: 4/10
Old 08-07-2013, 06:34 PM
MAN IS NOT ALONE IN THIS WORLD AND MANKIND IS NOT COMPLETELY ABSURD

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisposableJustice View Post
This, expect for me it was Metallica; I'll get to them here soon but hearing them just blew Korn, Papa Roach Cold, Limp Bizkit and others out the water. Slayer didn't really come to me until college which sucks because I know I missed some great tours of that. Speaking of Papa Roach......

1. "Infest"
2. "Last Resort"
3. "Broken Home"
4. "Dead Cell"
6. "Blood Brothers"
7. "Revenge"
8. "Snakes"
9. "Never Enough"
10. "Binge"
11. "Thrown Away"

CUT MY LIFE INTO PIECES

THIS IS MY LAST RESORT

SUFFOCATION NO BREATHING

----

For those of you who remember these famous lyrics, this album was a huge deal back in 2000; Every depressed teen loved it, adults shit their pants in fear of thinking the song would promote suicide. Again, me being all woe is me and shit, I jumped right on this when I heard Last Resort. Needless to say my love affair with the album lasted about 6 months before I moved on. The rest of the album listening to it now is a bit of a let down with Blood Brothers and Snakes being ok. Papa Roach rode this for a while then just dropped off the map when they had to record a follow up to this. I didn't even realize until doing some research today that they are up to 7 albums. Maybe it is because I'm older and wiser(ish) but I don't see any value in this album. It was good for the times but today it feels weak

I use to have a horrible obsession with Limb Bizkit, and Pa Pa Roach. I remember when one of my buddies in school got tickets to go see them play together. I was super jelly at the time, and i'm pretty sure i cried.

Mind you, this was like 15-16 years ago....

Diggin this thread, my man!
5/11 - Saint Vitus
Old 08-07-2013, 06:53 PM

Limp Bizkit:Chocolate Covered Star Fish and the Hot Dog Flavored Water

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sepultura69 View Post
I use to have a horrible obsession with Limb Bizkit, and Pa Pa Roach. I remember when one of my buddies in school got tickets to go see them play together. I was super jelly at the time, and i'm pretty sure i cried.

Mind you, this was like 15-16 years ago....

Diggin this thread, my man!
I think I recall seeing Papa Roach once, but I'm not 100%; I did see LB on the Summer Sanitarium 2003 tour but by then the wind had been taken out their sails and imo were the worst band that day

and...you are good at giving me segways...

1. "Intro"
2. "Hot Dog"
3. "My Generation"
4. "Full Nelson"
5. "My Way"
6. "Rollin' (Air Raid Vehicle)"
7. "Livin' It Up"
8. "The One"
9. "Getcha Groove On"
10. "Take a Look Around"
11. "It'll Be OK"
12. "Boiler"
13. "Hold On" (featuring Scott Weiland)
14. "Rollin' (Urban Assault Vehicle)"

This was introduced to me by friend who later jumped out of the metal scene into rap/hip-hop; I can see why he liked it, and it got me interested for a bit but it quickly wore off. If anything the only thing I enjoyed by Limp Bizkit is Nookie and it took me bit and a explanation by a friend to figure out what "Nookie" meant Needless to say I never got into Limp Bizkit and I'm glad I didn't

Today's score 2/10
Old 08-08-2013, 08:05 AM
When your grabbing ass with your friends...

Jesus god, guessing we must be about the same age. You've pretty much knocked out every album I had back then too, pretty sure about the same time period as well. I have (still do) all these albums (except Spineshank) when they came out. Now i'm curious if I might see Union Underground (LOVED THEM), American Head Charge, Powerman 5000, & Dope. Throw in those 4 and that is pretty much my high school time period as well. The similarities are absolutely blowing my mind.
Old 08-08-2013, 08:08 AM
N00B

Quote:

1. "Infest"
2. "Last Resort"
3. "Broken Home"
4. "Dead Cell"
6. "Blood Brothers"
7. "Revenge"
8. "Snakes"
9. "Never Enough"
10. "Binge"
11. "Thrown Away"

CUT MY LIFE INTO PIECES

THIS IS MY LAST RESORT

SUFFOCATION NO BREATHING

----

Bought this when it came out but traded it in not too long after.

Best song on the album is the hidden track - purchased Thrown Away on iTunes just for it.
Old 08-08-2013, 08:08 AM
When your grabbing ass with your friends...

Quote:

1. "Infest"
2. "Last Resort"
3. "Broken Home"
4. "Dead Cell"
6. "Blood Brothers"
7. "Revenge"
8. "Snakes"
9. "Never Enough"
10. "Binge"
11. "Thrown Away"

CUT MY LIFE INTO PIECES

THIS IS MY LAST RESORT

SUFFOCATION NO BREATHING

----

A really great example of an album that is super top heavy. Couldn't tell you a thing from track 7 on down but remember the first 6 very clearly.
Old 08-08-2013, 10:24 AM
somebody somewhere

Not a huge p roach fan but I always loved Blood Brothers.
Old 08-08-2013, 03:52 PM
PAAAAAAANTURRRUUUHHHHHH!! !!!!

I feel like throwing in my $0.02 for the albums I am familiar with

Kid Rock - This album was so awesome, for its time. I didn't listen to the whole thing for a year or two, only the singles (yeah, I was THAT kid), but I loved it. This ended up being the only Kid Rock album I ever cared about since History of Rock was very MEH and and I thought Cocky just sucked. Cowboy was one of my favorite songs for the longest time

Cold - I was never into this band, but I remember one song called "Stupid Girl", I think, and I remember really liking it and WANTING to get into them, but never put forth the effort to check them out.

Spineshank - YES. Spineshank was the shit. I think the first time I heard them was on the soundtrack for a snowboarding video game demo, forget which one, but I played the shit out of it and heard the song over and over and over. Ended up getting this album, and then my friend got me the following one for my birthday, which we rocked so much. Really fun band for their time, I need to revisit them sometime soon.

KoRn "Follow the Leader" - This was probably my favorite KoRn album that they released. "Freak on a Leash" was always on MTV and always on the radio, and I loved it, as well as their other singles from this album. Much like Kid Rock, I never listened to the ENTIRE album for the longest time, but after doing so I loved the album even more and even found some songs that weren't hits that I highly enjoyed.

KoRn "Issues" - Sadly, I never got into this album. I was more into the multiple album covers (I had the one of the drawing of them in the insane asylum) than I was the actual music. I am not sure what it was, maybe I got into it around the time that my tastes started to change to more (at the time) intense music (Slipknot, etc). It still had its moments though, but not as memoriable to me as "FTL" was.

Papa Roach - I got this album the same time I got Disturbed's debut album, and definitely listened to this one more than Disturbed. My love for them started when my brother gave me a 2 song sampler he got from a concert which had (I think) "Dead Cell" and "Last Resort" on it. So many great songs on this album, and one of the first CD spine stickers that I put on the glovebox door of my dads VW Bug (still there to this day!)

Limp Bizkit - Ah yes, The Chocolate Starfish, what a great album. I can never forget the first time I heard "Hot Dog" and my friend and I tried to count how many times Durst said "Fuck" in it, forgot the final count, but it was up there . I think I remember this more than the previous album due to the amount of singles on it. It sucks growing up and only listening to the popular tracks and being too scared to venture into the more "obscure" songs, but this one had so many good songs on it that I think I listened to the entire thing all the way through, no questions asked. I just found my copy of it in my garage a couple days ago... wonder if it still works!

- Funeral Age
facebook.com/funeralageofficial
funeralage.bandcamp.com