Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Skid Row -- Toronto, ON -- August 20th, 2014
The Quireboys -- West Hollywood, CA -- August 6th, 2014
High on Fire -- Los Angeles, CA -- August 19th, 2014
Nothing More -- Baltimore, MD -- August 18th, 2014
Boris -- Vancouver, British Columbia -- August 17th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Misinformation and Propaganda

Old 07-30-2013, 10:55 AM
Rats off to ya

Old 07-30-2013, 01:10 PM
Never Forget

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maideneer View Post
Seriously?! Like seriously?

9/24 - Irving Plaza - Katatonia
9/24 - Stage 48 - Helloween
Cry me a river. At least you've got the option to choose which one you want to go to.
Old 07-30-2013, 01:38 PM
That Guy

I couldn't be more pissed that this isn't coming to Minnesota
Old 07-30-2013, 01:41 PM
The infection has been removed, the soul of this machine has improved!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PVH5150 View Post
Cry me a river. At least you've got the option to choose which one you want to go to.
I'd rather neither come than both. Missing shows is like death to me.
Old 07-30-2013, 02:12 PM

Never listened to Tesseract but the other three shall be awesome. Hoping for some different Dead End Kings songs this leg.
Old 07-30-2013, 02:17 PM
N00B

I am just hoping that co-headline doesn't mean one hour headline sets. Katatonia and Devin did that shit last time. I was hoping to get a full length set from Katatonia.
Old 07-30-2013, 02:18 PM
"I call it torture you call it life. A slave to money and everything I despise"

Whoa.
9/20 Doom
9/27 GBH
10/21 Dead Congregation
10/26 Pallbearer
Old 07-30-2013, 05:02 PM
N00B

Boo ya the Opera House on a Friday night. Combine that with hopefully a cool September breeze and less than a week into Fall, I can't think of a better time to see Katatonia.
Old 07-30-2013, 08:29 PM
Metal is proof that Satan loves us and wants us to be happy.

I guess I have mixed feelings about this. I've been waiting forever to see Cult of Luna, but couldn't care less about Katatonia or TesseracT, and I've seen IntrOnaut twice in the last year or so. I love 'em, but I'd rather it'd been another awesome post metal act I've not seen recently.

Still, Cult of Luna is way
Old 08-01-2013, 09:20 AM

Katatonia will team up for the co-headlining “Uncrowned & Vertikal” North American tour*with Cult of Luna plus special guests Intronaut and TesseracT. The two-week run will commence September 23 in Boston, MA and end October 7 in in San Francisco, CA.

Commented vocalist*Jonas Renkse : “Dear North Americans! We are happy to announce yet another co-headline tour in support of Dead End Kings, this time with fellow Swedes Cult of Luna plus support from Intronaut (US) and Tesseract (UK)! Since we have been touring your continent quite a bit the last few years, we thought it was about time to re-decorate the good ol’ setlist a little. Right now we are rehearsing and going through some of our hidden gems, songs that we haven’t yet picked up or rarely have played live before. It will probably be as exciting for you as it is for us! Please note that it won’t be an “old-school” party, but an evening with atmosphere so thick you could cut it with a knife! Oh, and we will probably have time to play some of the “hits” as well. All in all, we will squeeze out as much Katatonia as possible each and every night, so let’s do this one together once again, shall we?”
The upcoming North American tour will coincide with the release of Dethroned and Uncrowned, the band’s debut album on Kscope (sister label of Peaceville) on*September 10 in North America. It can*be pre-ordered now at the official Katatonia webstore.*

The album was funded by a successful PledgeMusic campaign that helped make the recording possible. Fans can still get*exclusive Katatonia PledgeMusic items right here
*as it potentially helps the project being taken out live on the road in 2014.
Guitarist Anders Nyström commented, “The synopsis is simple and album title won’t lie; the drums will be dethroned and the distorted rhythm guitars will be uncrowned! Instead, we’ll place the emphasis on the many layers of ambience, with the melodies staying central and the vocal harmonies representing the heart of the album.
“Think of the album like a person’s face in the hands of a surgeon, whose appearance is gonna change, but it’s still the same person behind that face and we guess an important factor, in this case, would be that the surgeon itself is obviously Katatonia, not a stranger! If there’s one album in our repertoire that’s suited for a thing like this, it’s ‘Dead End Kings.”
Stay tuned for more information on Katatonia, Dethroned and Uncrowned and the upcoming North American tour.*VIP packages will be available next week, along with the public on-sales beginning Friday, August 9.