Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Godflesh -- San Francisco, CA -- April 20th, 2014
Warrior -- San Marcos, CA -- April 19th, 2014
Impaled -- Oakland, CA -- April 19th, 2014
Tankcrimes Brainsqueeze 2 -- Oakland, CA -- April 18th, 2014
Unearth -- Pontiac, MI -- April 17th, 2014

  #1441  
Old 07-27-2013, 02:59 PM
ravenheart's Avatar
ravenheart ravenheart is offline
Meanwhile, behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore...
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: England
Posts: 17,251
Thalamus - Soul
Greg Chaisson - It's About Time
Mountain of Power - Volume One
Mountain of Power - Volume Two
Billy White Trio - Illusionation
Jay Jesse Johnson - Play That Damn Guitar
__________________
www.jukeboxmetal.com
http://jukeboxmetal.blogspot.com

23/4 Scott Stapp
24/4 MoonKings
25/4 Spirit Caravan
30/4 Kenny Wayne Shepherd
Reply With Quote
  #1442  
Old 07-27-2013, 03:07 PM
slapguitarer's Avatar
slapguitarer slapguitarer is offline
Buahahahahaha
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: San Jose
Posts: 4,844
Pearl Jam tickets
__________________
4/20 Thou/Cloud Rat
4/26 Circle Takes The Square/Loma Prieta/leer.
5/01 Mastodon/Gojira
Reply With Quote
  #1443  
Old 07-27-2013, 03:28 PM
TonyD's Avatar
TonyD TonyD is offline
Peace on earth sells... but who's buying?
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 6,145
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenheart View Post
A new TV license.
lol wut
__________________
Mastodong/Gojira/KVELERTAK 5/1
Meshuggah 6/6
Reply With Quote
  #1444  
Old 07-28-2013, 03:58 AM
ravenheart's Avatar
ravenheart ravenheart is offline
Meanwhile, behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore...
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: England
Posts: 17,251
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyD View Post
lol wut
We have to buy a license every year. It used to genuinely be a license to own a TV. That was back when we only had four channels and there were no such things as games consoles or playback devices.

Now, you can own one without a license, but you can only use it for games consoles and DVD players (and other minority situations, like using it solely as a CCTV monitor, as a radio, or as output for a stereo system). Interestingly, you don't need the license if you only watch on-demand TV services. I guarantee they'll change that.

You need the license to watch live TV of any kind. It also covers TV cards in computers, and set-top boxes.

It's basically how we fund the BBC.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Televi...United_Kingdom
__________________
www.jukeboxmetal.com
http://jukeboxmetal.blogspot.com

23/4 Scott Stapp
24/4 MoonKings
25/4 Spirit Caravan
30/4 Kenny Wayne Shepherd

Last edited by ravenheart; 07-28-2013 at 04:02 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #1445  
Old 07-28-2013, 08:47 AM
slapguitarer's Avatar
slapguitarer slapguitarer is offline
Buahahahahaha
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: San Jose
Posts: 4,844
Whirr - Distressor LP
__________________
4/20 Thou/Cloud Rat
4/26 Circle Takes The Square/Loma Prieta/leer.
5/01 Mastodon/Gojira
Reply With Quote
  #1446  
Old 07-28-2013, 11:51 AM
PVH5150 PVH5150 is offline
Music Is Good
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Somerville, Massachusetts
Posts: 2,419
Gex 64: Enter The Gecko
Reply With Quote
  #1447  
Old 07-29-2013, 08:27 AM
Spiner202 Spiner202 is offline
N00B
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 822
Gama Bomb/Artillery/Bonded By Blood/Fueled By Fire ticket!!
__________________
4/12 - Destruction
4/17 - Ghost
5/3 - Primal Fear
Reply With Quote
  #1448  
Old 07-29-2013, 08:35 AM
ravenheart's Avatar
ravenheart ravenheart is offline
Meanwhile, behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore...
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: England
Posts: 17,251
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiner202 View Post
Gama Bomb/Artillery/Bonded By Blood/Fueled By Fire ticket!!
Wow, Artillery plus the three most generic thrash bands on the planet.

Well played, my Danish friends. As you know more than one riff, that show is going to make you look FUCKING AMAZING.
__________________
www.jukeboxmetal.com
http://jukeboxmetal.blogspot.com

23/4 Scott Stapp
24/4 MoonKings
25/4 Spirit Caravan
30/4 Kenny Wayne Shepherd
Reply With Quote
  #1449  
Old 07-29-2013, 08:39 AM
Dextrimental's Avatar
Dextrimental Dextrimental is online now
SADISTIC, MAGICIAN
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Ireland
Posts: 2,446
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenheart View Post
We have to buy a license every year. It used to genuinely be a license to own a TV. That was back when we only had four channels and there were no such things as games consoles or playback devices.

Now, you can own one without a license, but you can only use it for games consoles and DVD players (and other minority situations, like using it solely as a CCTV monitor, as a radio, or as output for a stereo system). Interestingly, you don't need the license if you only watch on-demand TV services. I guarantee they'll change that.

You need the license to watch live TV of any kind. It also covers TV cards in computers, and set-top boxes.

It's basically how we fund the BBC.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Televi...United_Kingdom
Same system here too, with our equivalent company, RTE. They tend to be even stricter over here too, if it can output a video signal of any kind, they view as potentially a television and charge the license.
__________________
Yesterday don't mean SHIT.
Reply With Quote
  #1450  
Old 07-29-2013, 09:12 AM
Spiner202 Spiner202 is offline
N00B
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 822
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenheart View Post
Wow, Artillery plus the three most generic thrash bands on the planet.

Well played, my Danish friends. As you know more than one riff, that show is going to make you look FUCKING AMAZING.
Good riffs>originality. This is why I enjoy the 3 highest bands on that bill equally. FBF is not quite as good, but still enjoyable nonetheless.
__________________
4/12 - Destruction
4/17 - Ghost
5/3 - Primal Fear
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 07:12 AM.


Blah Blah Blah Copyright WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM 2008