Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Head Wound City -- Los Angeles, CA -- September 21st, 2014
After The Burial -- Flint, MI -- September 20th, 2014
Periphery -- Lansing, MI -- September 19th, 2014
Otherwise -- Sturtevant, WI -- September 19th, 2014
Eluveitie -- Baltimore, MD -- September 19th, 2014

Old 07-25-2013, 02:16 PM
Metal is proof that Satan loves us and wants us to be happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenheart View Post
No, it sounds exactly the same. EXACTLY THE SAME. If you'd approached the albums the right way round, I'm pretty certain you'd find Deathlike boring too. It's just all the same songs again, but not as good.
In that context, I guess I can see where you're coming from.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastodon421 View Post
To reiterate my post in the "Now Playing Album" thread from earlier today, Heart of Oak by Anciients rips. Almost godlike combo of prog/stoner/sludge with hints of black metal in the vocals, so many fucking riffs Could find its way into my top 10 upon further listens.
Fuck yes. Love that Mastodon worship.

Quote:
Originally Posted by larvtard View Post
whoa
Dude - with all due respect, you sound like an addict waiting to happen (and I mean that with nothing but genuine concern). The silver lining for you is that, should things turn out that way, you seem to be introspective enough and intelligent enough to know that it's time to do something about it (which is an advantage most folks don't have). If the wheels ever start to fall off, just promise yourself that you'll give somebody like yours truly a shout before it's too late. Help is there if you need it / want it bad enough. Good luck, broski.

Last edited by Natrlhi; 07-25-2013 at 02:19 PM.
Old 07-25-2013, 02:36 PM
Buahahahahaha

I think I'm the only dude who doesn't really think of Mastodon when I'm listening to Anciients.
11/06 Intronaut
Old 07-25-2013, 02:52 PM
Rats off to ya

Quote:
Originally Posted by larvtard View Post
Truth be told I just don't know how to not live a life of excess. It's all or nothing. These things have always stressed me out and just put me in a deep state of melancholy, that I'll never be able to visit all the beautiful places in the world, eat at all the delicious restaurants in the world, read all the world-class literature in the world... listen to all the good bands in the world.

I have a list of albums I plan to listen to that I haven't touched in a while. I kinda just listen to albums as they come and maybe i'll refer to that list if I get bored and don't know what to listen to.
Old 07-25-2013, 02:55 PM
Buahahahahaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodoftheKings View Post

I have a list of albums I plan to listen to that I haven't touched in a while. I kinda just listen to albums as they come and maybe i'll refer to that list if I get bored and don't know what to listen to.
Every now and again I'll dl like 5 albums that I "should" listen to, and get around to 'em as the time passes. In general I'll listen to something if it sounds interesting or if a pal shoves it down my throat. I tried the whole keeping a list of "required listening" but realized it wasn't gonna work really quick.
11/06 Intronaut
Old 07-25-2013, 04:43 PM
One who onions things

Quote:
Originally Posted by slapguitarer View Post
Every now and again I'll dl like 5 albums that I "should" listen to, and get around to 'em as the time passes. In general I'll listen to something if it sounds interesting or if a pal shoves it down my throat. I tried the whole keeping a list of "required listening" but realized it wasn't gonna work really quick.
I did kind of freak out about the whole too many awesome bands thing some time ago, but now I just let it happen organically. For me, that usually means being at a record store and thinking "Oh this album is cheap and I heard it's cool from people I trust, I'll give it a shot".
Satan/Slough Feg - 10/25
King Diamond - 8/31
Judas Priest - 11/16
Old 07-25-2013, 07:46 PM
HEY! LISTEN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocco44 View Post
The amazing part is that is doesn't suck balls. Surprisingly decent.
Yes, this. The quality is not amazing on its own, but I was pretty amazed and shocked by its lack of sheer suck.
Old 07-25-2013, 09:25 PM
Buahahahahaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onioner View Post
For me, that usually means being at a record store and thinking "Oh this album is cheap and I heard it's cool from people I trust, I'll give it a shot".
I always love it when that works out. That's how I came to love bands like Interpol, My Blood Valentine, Boris, and others.
11/06 Intronaut
Old 07-26-2013, 07:11 AM
Not popular in Buffalo

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellawaits77ny View Post
Dude if you're overwhelmed with new music, maybe you should just chill and not worry about hearing every new album that comes out!
Overwhelmed was a poor choice, it's just that I have a lot of records I want to check out that have been released this year. I highly doubt I will get to check all of them by the end of the year (and I'm not going to put an insane amount of effort into doing.) There's just been a lot of shit this year from bands/artists I'm already a fan of (including Scale the Summit, Soilwork, Ghostface Killah, Black Sabbath, Volbeat and Rotting Out) and other ones I'm curious about ( including Iron Reagan, Lord Dying and Power Trip) that I really want to give a spin, but just haven't gotten around to yet.

http://maitlandsmadness.blogspot.com/
Old 07-26-2013, 02:50 PM
Bringer of Darkness

My god.... "Colored Sands" is amazing. Easily takes Portal's spot as best death metal LP released this year.
Old 07-26-2013, 03:15 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by hb420 View Post
My god.... "Colored Sands" is amazing. Easily takes Portal's spot as best death metal LP released this year.
This. Gorguts has outdone themselves again for Colored Sands. LOVING the dynamics and contrasts in the album, you have to listen to the whole thing from start to finish for maximum effect.

LP of the year so far for me.