I Thought You Met Telly and Turned Me into Casper
What the fuck does that even mean?
11/01 - Suffocation
12/06 - Distant Worlds: the Music of Final Fantasy
Old 07-17-2013, 07:26 AM
Music? Yeah... it's my life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metal_Head View Post
Speaking of Uproar did anyone jump on that 10 dollar ticket deal? There is no way I could turn down Alice in Chains for ten bucks
CRAP! I meant to...
Old 07-17-2013, 07:26 AM
Trainwreck Architect

That's actually a killer Bodom set. I'm seeing Bodom and Amon Amarth at Heavy MTL in a few weeks, not much a fan of either of them like I used to be, but 45 minutes of each of them in the sun is a great nostalgic trip.
Old 07-17-2013, 07:49 AM
Concert Veteran

About the attendance, a few das ago I was checking out the interactive seat maps on ticketmaster for Mayhem, Gigantour and Uproar just to see how the tours were selling. These tours are selling like crap everywhere. I think there's just too many amphitheater package tours and people are either getting tired of seeing them or they have to make a choice between going to one or the other. In the end these tours are suffering from low attendance and it might be time for bands just to get back to headlining on their own again instead of these package tours.

Mayhem came here on sunday and I didn't go because I didn't have much interest to see a couple bands I like play six or seven songs and that's it. Plus, Zombie's headlining sets have gotten pretty boring from a song selection standpoint. I know a couple people who went and they said that the first couple sections were filled but about half the reserved seats were empty and the lawn was pretty empty to. They need to do something new with these tours or just end them altogether.
Old 07-17-2013, 08:14 AM
N00B

Quote:
More filling in the blanks:

Emmure:
I Thought You Met Telly and Turned Me into Casper
Quote:
What the fuck does that even mean?
I get as far as it being a reference to the movie Kids (Telly and Casper are the main characters' names) but I don't see how the sentence applies to anything in the movie.
Old 07-17-2013, 08:19 AM
Not a number, I'm a free man

Yep, I just checked Uproar and Mayhem in DC and they are both selling terribly. I guess lawn sales seem pretty good but there are thousands upon thousands of reserved seats available. For Uproar there are some sections with only like one pair of seats sold. I'm skipping both tours as well as I have no interest in sitting through a glut of bands that suck just to see someone good play for only 45 minutes to a little over an hour or something.

Surprisingly Black Sabbath is selling somewhat badly in DC too. But it's a huge place and prices are probably too high and turning people off so that may explain some of it.
7/1 - Iron Maiden - Luxembourg
10/31 - Fleetwood Mac
Old 07-17-2013, 08:21 AM
N00B

Quick rundown of my day:

Got there about an hour before doors and chilled in the parking lot with my friends, ate some food, had some drinks and went in.

Thrown into Exile had just finished as we were walking in, so nothing about them.

Watched some of Huntress and they were ok at best; I don't like the whole gimmick the chick who sings for them puts on. I thought it was pretty lame. 4/10.

Attika 7 were next and they surprisingly were not bad. If anyone heard someone screaming Biohazard during their set, that was me. 6/10.

Up next was Battlecross, a band I never really gave the time of day, but after seeing them live I will be checking them out more. They kicked ass. 7.5/10.

Born of Osiris were up next and were awesome. This was my second time seeing them and they were just as good as last time. Great set. 8/10.

Didn't watch one minute of Butcher Babies, went and found some shade during their set. From a distance, they sounded horrible.

Motionless in White were next and played a good set. I am a fan of their first album Creatures, so it was pretty disappointing to hear only one song off of it. The rest was all off their new album Infamous. This band is trying way too hard to be like Manson now, but the songs were not as bad live as on record. 7/10.

Job for a Cowboy killed it. They translate so well live, can not wait to see them again. 8.5/10.

Although I'm sure I'm the only person on this forum who would ever say it, I thought Emmure was awesome. They really got the crowd going and were heavy as fuck. 8/10.

Machine Head was the last band I saw on the side stages, and like the previous three times I had seen them live, they were excellent. Best band on the side stages, 'nuff said. 9/10.

We chose to not watch Children of Bodom and instead made our way to our seats to relax for a bit. Amon Amarth hit the main stage to a small, uninterested crowd. The first slot on the main stage is probably the worst on the fest. I thought they sounded good but their set seemed really short. 7/10.

I was curious as to how Mastodon would sound live last night, as in 2008 at the Comcast Center they sounded so bad that I had to walk out. They sounded mint last night. Awesome set, it was great to see these guys live again. 8.5/10

Five Finger Death Punch, was, well, Five Finger Death Punch. They were tight and the crowd was into them, but I just really can't get over how much the guys in this band are all absolute tools, specifically Ivan Moody. 6/10.

Rob Zombie, like usual, was awesome and entertaining. Great way to cap off a pretty damn good day of metal. 9/10.
Old 07-17-2013, 09:09 AM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanitarium78 View Post
In the end these tours are suffering from low attendance and it might be time for bands just to get back to headlining on their own again instead of these package tours.

Mayhem came here on sunday and I didn't go because I didn't have much interest to see a couple bands I like play six or seven songs and that's it.
Totally agree, your last sentence is why I didn't go to Mayhem this year. Everyone I was interested in (Amon Amarth and Zombie) I had already seen do full sets within the last two years so that was good enough for me. Last year's Mayhem was awesome with Anthrax, Slayer and Motorhead but a list that good doesn't happen very often.
Old 07-17-2013, 09:55 AM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrecking Crew View Post
Totally agree, your last sentence is why I didn't go to Mayhem this year. Everyone I was interested in (Amon Amarth and Zombie) I had already seen do full sets within the last two years so that was good enough for me. Last year's Mayhem was awesome with Anthrax, Slayer and Motorhead but a list that good doesn't happen very often.
These tours have had this problem since the beginning. It's almost always the exact same set of bands that already tour North America frequently. On this Mayhem, I like Huntress, Children of Bodom, and Amon Amarth, but I've seen all three, and even if I hadn't, I wouldn't go and sit through all of the terrible bands playing.
8/20 - Skid Row
Old 07-17-2013, 10:20 AM
7 Holy Paths To Hell And Your Trip Begins...

Quote:
Originally Posted by HugeRockStar View Post
That's actually a killer Bodom set. I'm seeing Bodom and Amon Amarth at Heavy MTL in a few weeks, not much a fan of either of them like I used to be, but 45 minutes of each of them in the sun is a great nostalgic trip.
CoB are playing 2 spots before the headliners therefore they have an hour long set, so probably 3 or 4 extra songs

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

Tags
amon amarth, attika 7, battlecross, born of osiris, emmure, huntress, job for a cowboy, machine head, mastodon, motionless in white, rob zombie