God of Thunder
Lick It Up
Love Gun
Black Diamond
------------------------------
Detroit Rock City
I Was Made for Lovin' You
Rock and Roll All Nite

Really awesome show. Second time seeing KISS and having much better seats than the last time I saw them made the show that much better. They really upped their game on the pyro and special effects over the 2009 tour. It was also cool that they switched the order of Black Diamond and RaRAN as RaRAN is a much better closer in my opinion. All in all a very fun show and well worth the money.
Nov 23rd - Devin Townsend Project (?)
Old 07-15-2013, 12:48 PM
I'm Young, I'm Wild, And I'm Free

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christen View Post
Psycho Circus
Shout It Out Loud
Let Me Go, Rock 'N' Roll
I Love It Loud
Hell or Hallelujah
War Machine
Heaven's on Fire
Deuce
Say Yeah
Shock Me / Outta This World
Guitar and Drum Solos
Bass Solo
God of Thunder
Lick It Up
Love Gun
Black Diamond
------------------------------
Detroit Rock City
I Was Made for Lovin' You
Rock and Roll All Nite

Really awesome show. Second time seeing KISS and having much better seats than the last time I saw them made the show that much better. They really upped their game on the pyro and special effects over the 2009 tour. It was also cool that they switched the order of Black Diamond and RaRAN as RaRAN is a much better closer in my opinion. All in all a very fun show and well worth the money.
Wow, they just had to change it, them closing "Black Diamond" is like 90% of the reason I wanted to see them (the other 10% because of Psycho Circus and Let Me Go, Rock 'n' Roll).I could care less if I never here Rock N Roll All Nite again honestly, they've just used it as a closer for like 95% of the tours since it came out, and I don't care what anybody says but that's too much, please stop closing with it and do the right thing and use Black Diamond, much better song and much better closer.
Old 07-15-2013, 01:32 PM
N00B

I'm sick to death of hearing Rock and Roll All Nite on record but live it's a ton of fun.
Old 07-15-2013, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christen View Post
I'm sick to death of hearing Rock and Roll All Nite on record but live it's a ton of fun.
Sure it's a ton of fun, but that has nothing to do it with it's position in the set. It's had its time as the closer, let another song take its place for the next 20 years or so (however long All Nite was the closer).Black Diamond is just as much fun if not more fun than All Nite.
Old 07-15-2013, 03:26 PM
SADISTIC, MAGICIAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWildAndTheYoung View Post
Black Diamond is just as much fun if not more fun than All Nite.
I'm not a KISS fan on record, I love them live, and this is just not right. Black Diamond is a great song, and deserves its spot on the setlist, but RaRAN is just a stone cold classic and a perfect way to end the show. Everyone knows every word, that chorus can be elongated as much as needs be, and it is the perfect anthem for a KISS show to end on.
Old 07-15-2013, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextrimental View Post
I'm not a KISS fan on record, I love them live, and this is just not right. Black Diamond is a great song, and deserves its spot on the setlist, but RaRAN is just a stone cold classic and a perfect way to end the show. Everyone knows every word, that chorus can be elongated as much as needs be, and it is the perfect anthem for a KISS show to end on.
I'm sorry, but I don't care how much known RNRAN is, it's been used as the closer to much and I'm not a fan of stuff not being changed (especially the closing songs).RNRAN is just such an obvious choice to a close a show with, and by now it's so predictable (which I don't like).Black Diamond is a way better closer and always will be, it has such an unique atmosphere to it.Last time I saw Kiss I left before RNRAN was even over, I wouldn't ever do that for Black Diamond.I hate it when Kiss used it as a closer, just like I hate how the first time I saw Bon Jovi they closed with Livin' On A Prayer (thankfully the second time they didn't), how Van Halen closes with Jump (which works better as an opener to be honest), and how Poison closes with "Nothin' But A Good Time".Def Leppard is slightly redeemed because they rarely close with Pour Some Sugar On Me, but they used Rock Of Ages to much before they wisely switched to Photograph.Journey, Pat Benatar, and Motley Crue are all perfect examples of artists that have a great closing song.Journey closes with Lovin'; Touchin'; Squeezin' (where they could go for a more predictable choice with Don't Stop Believin'), Pat Benatar closes with Heartbreaker (instead of the again predictable choice Hit Me With Your Best Shot), and Motley Crue closes with Kickstart My Heart (were they could close with Home Sweet Home).All close with songs that are fairly popular, but definitely not their most popular, but all have a great quality that makes them great closing songs.I really don't like when a band closes with their most popular song just because it's their most popular song.
Old 07-15-2013, 05:02 PM
" Amps on Ten, Ears are Bleeding "

Two words- War Machine!!!
Old 07-15-2013, 06:58 PM
I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking

Could have gone for maximum irony and played Hotter Than Hell in Saskatchewan
Old 07-15-2013, 07:36 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyD View Post
Could have gone for maximum irony and played Hotter Than Hell in Saskatchewan
It has been super hot lately, it was just a good thing it was raining today to cool things down.

Last edited by Christen; 07-15-2013 at 07:38 PM.
Old 07-15-2013, 08:02 PM
Some People Call Me The White Devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWildAndTheYoung View Post
Wow, they just had to change it, them closing "Black Diamond" is like 90% of the reason I wanted to see them (the other 10% because of Psycho Circus and Let Me Go, Rock 'n' Roll).I could care less if I never here Rock N Roll All Nite again honestly, they've just used it as a closer for like 95% of the tours since it came out, and I don't care what anybody says but that's too much, please stop closing with it and do the right thing and use Black Diamond, much better song and much better closer.
No. Black Diamond is one of my favorite songs of all time but Rock And Roll All Night can't be topped as a closer for them. Seeing all their pyro and confetti and lasers and lifts and everything for that song needs to stay as the closer to the show.

Tags
kiss