Destruction -- Montreal, Quebec -- April 14th, 2014
Ghoul -- Hollywood, CA -- April 13th, 2014
Satan -- Philadelphia, PA -- April 14th, 2014
Dave Mustaine with San Diego Symphony -- San Diego, CA -- April 12th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 07-15-2013, 12:43 AM
Smoke Satan, Worship Crack

Black Flag -- Los Angeles, CA -- July 14th, 2013

This was my third night in a row going to The Vex. I met up with elturtleboy at 8pm and we went inside and got a picture with Greg Ginn.

Soon after, we got a picture with Bryan Migdol. He was the original drummer of Black Flag. He played drums on the Nervous Breakdown 7"

We were then determined to get a picture with Ron Reyes and were lucky to find him outside and get a quick picture with him.

I then proceeded to wait outside until Black Flag went on cause I didn't care about the opening bands. Black Flag went on sometime after 11 and played about an hour or so. It was really special to have them play The Vex. This venue used to be open in the early 80s and Black Flag played here back then, so the owner of the place was super happy to have them play there again. The first half of the set was awesome. I was loving all the classics. I was bummed that some of the old songs seemed to be slowed down. The last half of the set was too heavy in new songs and slow songs for me to really enjoy as much. I fucking hate that song Down in the Dirt. I was liike an 8 minute song with way too much jamming. I enjoyed it but I need to see FLAG now.

Revenge
I've Had It
Nervous Breakdown
Fix Me
The Chase
Blood and Ashes
Depression
No Values
Now Is The Time
Six Pack
TV Party
It's Not My Time to Go Go
I'm Sick
Black Coffee
gimme gimme gimme
Police Story
Wallow In Despair
Down In The Dirt
Can't Decide
Rise Above
Jealous Again
Louie Louie
5/13-Scion Fest
6/13-Goddamn Gallows
8/28-8/31-Muddy Roots
Old 07-15-2013, 12:53 AM
Kvlt,Grim,Frostbitten,and Grindage

THIS FUCKING RULED. DREAMS DO COME TRUE
5/17-Midnight/Speedwolf
Old 07-15-2013, 07:17 AM
N00B

So bummed I missed this version in June, I've been wanting to get my vinyl of Damaged signed(Dez signed it in 2010)
Nine Inch Nails/Soundgarden
Mayhem Festival
Kiss/Def Leppard
Motley Crue/Alice Cooper
Old 07-15-2013, 08:35 AM
N00B

Wow, he's wearing a Zulu Records shirt. It's a pretty neat independent record store here in Vancouver.
Old 07-15-2013, 08:37 AM
MAN IS NOT ALONE IN THIS WORLD AND MANKIND IS NOT COMPLETELY ABSURD

That is one fine looking beard, christopher. I'm very jelly. I can literally grow a bear as good as yours in less than two weeks. For some reasons middle eastern people can just grow their beards out super wicked fast. Last time I grew my beared out was like two and half years ago. Ever seen that episode of family guy when Peter grows a beard and has birds living in it? Well, by the time i decided to shave it all of I pretty much looked like that...

Also, kudos for making three straight drives up to LA and back. Glad ya had a good time, pal
5/11 - Saint Vitus
Old 07-15-2013, 11:47 AM
Smoke Satan, Worship Crack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sepultura69 View Post
That is one fine looking beard, christopher. I'm very jelly. I can literally grow a bear as good as yours in less than two weeks. For some reasons middle eastern people can just grow their beards out super wicked fast. Last time I grew my beared out was like two and half years ago. Ever seen that episode of family guy when Peter grows a beard and has birds living in it? Well, by the time i decided to shave it all of I pretty much looked like that...

Also, kudos for making three straight drives up to LA and back. Glad ya had a good time, pal
Thanks for the compliments man! I've been growing it sine the beginning of June and very happy on my progress. That sounds like an epic beard you had!

Also, I love The Vex cause it is significantly closer to me than all the other LA venues. Its right where the 710 North ends, so its a 25 mile drive versus its 45 miles if I want to go to The Whisky. I hope a lot more shows go there. Its my favorite non Pomona venue. I just hate the parking situation for the place. Its all street parking, so if you show up a little late, then you have to park about half a mile away.
5/13-Scion Fest
6/13-Goddamn Gallows
8/28-8/31-Muddy Roots
Old 07-15-2013, 12:17 PM
N00B

Quick question: I'm now writing some reviews for a magazine that sends me to shows. Was the show good enough that I should request a press pass and cover the event?
Old 07-15-2013, 02:17 PM
Kvlt,Grim,Frostbitten,and Grindage

Quote:
Originally Posted by InFlamesOfBirchmen View Post
Quick question: I'm now writing some reviews for a magazine that sends me to shows. Was the show good enough that I should request a press pass and cover the event?
YES FOO
5/17-Midnight/Speedwolf
Old 07-15-2013, 04:51 PM
MAN IS NOT ALONE IN THIS WORLD AND MANKIND IS NOT COMPLETELY ABSURD

Quote:
Originally Posted by christopher View Post
I love The Vex cause it is significantly closer to me than all the other LA venues. Its right where the 710 North ends, so its a 25 mile drive versus its 45 miles if I want to go to The Whisky. I hope a lot more shows go there. Its my favorite non Pomona venue. I just hate the parking situation for the place. Its all street parking, so if you show up a little late, then you have to park about half a mile away.
Dude, you should have came to the Suffocation show that took place at "The Vex" about 3-4 months ago. I ran into scott at that show aswell(we met up right after Exuhmed had finished). I ended up losing my glasses during the middle of suffos set so it kind of left a bad taste in my mouth for the remainder of the show. The highlight of the night was when they came back out for an encore and demolished the entire place with Mass Obliteration. Best encore I have ever witnessed in my entire life. It made me totally forget about losing my glasses and having to look forward to driving back for 45 minutes border-line blind.

5/11 - Saint Vitus
Old 07-15-2013, 08:17 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sepultura69 View Post
Mass Obliteration. Best encore I have ever witnessed in my entire life.
Wow, that would be insane for sure, ive seen Suffocation 3x and have yet to see them perform that song.

Tags
black flag