Head Wound City -- Los Angeles, CA -- September 21st, 2014
After The Burial -- Flint, MI -- September 20th, 2014
Periphery -- Lansing, MI -- September 19th, 2014
Otherwise -- Sturtevant, WI -- September 19th, 2014
Eluveitie -- Baltimore, MD -- September 19th, 2014

Old 07-12-2013, 03:15 PM
N00B

Sevendust -- Lansing, MI -- July 10th, 2013

This was Common Ground Fest in Lansing. I'd never been there before, but it was about a weeks worth of shows w/ tons of different bands. One night was Country night, one night was classic rock, one night was alternative, one night was the Barenaked Ladies/Guster/Ben Folds Five show. It was really cool. I went to the hard rock day, I guess.

The 1st band I saw was Monster Truck. Holy cow they were awesome! Sort of a cross between Clutch & Black Stone Cherry. Definitely check them out. I know I'll go see em again.

Know Lyfe was next. They're an awesome metal band from Lansing that everyone should lend an ear to. They tear it up.

Know Lyfe setlist
Building An Empire
Veins & Vines
Ephysians
Dixie Cup Dean
Oceans
Ashes of a Funeral
She Wore a Crown
Balloons
At The Tip of The Blade

Sevendust was up next. They're the reason I went. They're my favorite band, and there have been rumblings that their current album BLACK OUT THE SUN may be their last, so I'm going to see em every chance I can. This was the first show of their current tour. I'll go see em again in Toledo on 8/9. The crowd loved em. They're always good live. Myles Kennedy was watching their set from the side of the stage. I was hoping they'd bring him out to sing "Sorrow" w/ them, but it didn't happen, sadly. I've also seen Sevendust play a bunch of shows w/ Staind, and they've never done "Follow" w/ Aaron Lewis. I've seen them play "Follow," just not w/ him. I did, however, get to see them do "Licking Cream" w/ Skin from Skunk Anansie in 1999. That was awesome! Anyway, I digress. Excellent set by the Atlanta boys!

Sevendust setlist
Splinter
Till Death
Praise
Denial
Waffle
Strong Arm Broken
Decay
Black
Alpha
Bitch
Pieces
Face To Face

I caught the last 4 or 5 songs by Wilson... a really cool heavy band from Detroit that's really starting to take off. They played a sold out show at The Pike Room in Pontiac last week.

Slash headlined. I watched about 40 min of their set and then left (had to work the next day). I liked what I heard, but Sevendust is impossible to follow for me.
11/3 Anberlin
11/5 BOO/Erra
12/9 ETID
12/11 Snot
12/20 Battlecross
Old 07-12-2013, 04:04 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevindeets View Post

Know Lyfe was next. They're an awesome metal band from Lansing that everyone should lend an ear to. They tear it up.
I'm not a big fan of these guys but it's cool that they're still going. An old, defunct band of mine played a show with them in Lansing back in 2004. A couple of the guys were ex-members of another band I'd been familiar with, but unfortunately I can't remember. Anyway, their music wasn't my cup of tea, but if they're still at it, then clearly they mean what they're doing.
Old 07-12-2013, 10:25 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevindeets View Post

The 1st band I saw was Monster Truck. Holy cow they were awesome! Sort of a cross between Clutch & Black Stone Cherry. Definitely check them out. I know I'll go see em again.
I saw them with sevendust and pop evil in may, and yes, they are so good live and on CD, I definitely recommend checking out their album Furiousity, it's awesome.

And, clutch and BSC? I more or less thought of the Marshal Tucker Band and Scorpion Child, but I see where you're coming from.

Tags
know lyfe, sevendust