Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Judas Priest -- Rochester, NY -- October 1st, 2014
Fleetwood Mac -- Minneapolis, MN -- September 30th, 2014
The Story So Far -- Lawrence, KS -- September 30th, 2014
Coheed and Cambria -- Boston, MA -- September 28th, 2014
Vixen -- Madrid, Spain -- September 27th, 2014


Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 07-11-2013, 02:33 PM
ravenheart's Avatar
ravenheart ravenheart is offline
Meanwhile, behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore...
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: England
Posts: 18,413
Clutch -- London, England -- July 11th, 2013

Earth Rocker Tour
Venue: The Forum
Support: General (19:25-19:55)

Sons of Icarus (20:15-20:40)
ROB
Make Amends
Falling
Not Myself
You Want It All

Clutch (21:20-22:45)
Earth Rocker
Unto the Breach
Mr. Freedom
D.C. Sound Attack!
Book, Saddle, & Go
Cyborg Bette
Crucial Velocity
Burning Beard
The Regulator
Big News I
Pure Rock Fury
Subtle Hustle
Oh, Isabella
Gone Cold
The Wolf Man Kindly Requests...
-----------------
The Mob Goes Wild
Electric Worry / One Eye Dollar
__________________
www.jukeboxmetal.com
http://jukeboxmetal.blogspot.com

13/10 The Skull
29/10 Saint Vitus
6/11 Gilby Clarke

Last edited by ravenheart; 07-12-2013 at 12:20 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 07-11-2013, 02:40 PM
Christen Christen is offline
.
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 398
Pure Rock Fury and Subtle Hustle back to back must have been pretty awesome.
__________________
Oct 5th - Amon Amarth
Nov 23rd - Devin Townsend Project (?)
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-11-2013, 02:46 PM
mankvill's Avatar
mankvill mankvill is offline
Pop Punk > Slipknot and Y&T
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Kansas
Posts: 21,904
Blog Entries: 19
They didn't say 50,000 Unstoppable Watts!
__________________
10/05 - Macabre
10/17 - Deicide
10/18 - Hammerween V
10/21 - Judas Priest
10/22 - Mastodong
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-11-2013, 03:35 PM
ravenheart's Avatar
ravenheart ravenheart is offline
Meanwhile, behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore...
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: England
Posts: 18,413
Quote:
Originally Posted by mankvill View Post
They didn't say 50,000 Unstoppable Watts!
Yep! Best bit about the set, to be honest.

Too much boring stuff off the new album (first time I've heard any of it and only really liked Gone Cold and D.C. Sound Attack!), they ruined Big News I by cutting it short and doing a jam/solos, and the encore was about as predictable as a Megadeth set.

All in all, I've seen them be MUCH better.

I don't think I need to see them again for quite some time now. Their sets are getting a bit stale.
__________________
www.jukeboxmetal.com
http://jukeboxmetal.blogspot.com

13/10 The Skull
29/10 Saint Vitus
6/11 Gilby Clarke
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07-11-2013, 03:58 PM
300%_Density 300%_Density is online now
When your grabbing ass with your friends...
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: The Prison Planet
Posts: 3,628
With a band like Clutch I don't know if I would go say their sets are getting stale, when the sets are so different I don't know how they could be stale. Its basically a luck of the draw. Granted since ER came out its a bit much playing all of your new album at a show. But even at that they haven't been doing that every night since it came out.

I don't think there's such thing as a predictable encore (especially comparing to Megadeth). I've been to shows where Mob isn't played or its been the opening song. EW/1ED does need a break. Out of the 10 or so times ive seen them since that came out its probably only not been played once.

Dont think Megadeth could function now if they opened w/ Peace Sells or Holy Wars (yes I know they used to do that years back).
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 07-11-2013, 04:45 PM
ravenheart's Avatar
ravenheart ravenheart is offline
Meanwhile, behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore...
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: England
Posts: 18,413
Quote:
Originally Posted by 300%_Density View Post
With a band like Clutch I don't know if I would go say their sets are getting stale, when the sets are so different I don't know how they could be stale. Its basically a luck of the draw. Granted since ER came out its a bit much playing all of your new album at a show. But even at that they haven't been doing that every night since it came out.

I don't think there's such thing as a predictable encore (especially comparing to Megadeth). I've been to shows where Mob isn't played or its been the opening song. EW/1ED does need a break. Out of the 10 or so times ive seen them since that came out its probably only not been played once.

Dont think Megadeth could function now if they opened w/ Peace Sells or Holy Wars (yes I know they used to do that years back).
Yes and no. Every set on this European tour has basically been the same songs in a different order. One or two songs change, but that's about it. And as soon as they didn't play Mob in the first four tracks, I wrote down the encore.
__________________
www.jukeboxmetal.com
http://jukeboxmetal.blogspot.com

13/10 The Skull
29/10 Saint Vitus
6/11 Gilby Clarke
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 07-11-2013, 04:49 PM
300%_Density 300%_Density is online now
When your grabbing ass with your friends...
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: The Prison Planet
Posts: 3,628
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenheart View Post
Yes and no. Every set on this European tour has basically been the same songs in a different order. And as soon as they didn't play Mob in the first four tracks, I wrote down the encore.
Guess I'm looking at it from the perspective of living somewhere that Clutch plays 2-3x a year while I know they don't do a ton of UK. So obviously im sure they are more likely to throw in something like Mob as an encore as opposed to deeper tracks. Didn't think of it from a UK point of view.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 07-11-2013, 04:59 PM
ravenheart's Avatar
ravenheart ravenheart is offline
Meanwhile, behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore...
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: England
Posts: 18,413
I think I would have been as happy as I could have been with that set if they hadn't screwed up the one surprise (Big News I) in it.
__________________
www.jukeboxmetal.com
http://jukeboxmetal.blogspot.com

13/10 The Skull
29/10 Saint Vitus
6/11 Gilby Clarke
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 07-11-2013, 05:02 PM
300%_Density 300%_Density is online now
When your grabbing ass with your friends...
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: The Prison Planet
Posts: 3,628
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenheart View Post
I think I would have been as happy as I could have been with that set if they hadn't screwed up the one surprise (Big News I) in it.
Odd. I know that's usually the song where they jam. Never heard them cut it short. That's quite unfortunate.

I would like to see them get a live keyboard player again. That would allow them to do more stuff they haven't done in awhile.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 07-11-2013, 10:08 PM
Blacktooth85's Avatar
Blacktooth85 Blacktooth85 is offline
N00B
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 189
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenheart View Post
Yep! Best bit about the set, to be honest.

Too much boring stuff off the new album (first time I've heard any of it and only really liked Gone Cold and D.C. Sound Attack!), they ruined Big News I by cutting it short and doing a jam/solos, and the encore was about as predictable as a Megadeth set.

All in all, I've seen them be MUCH better.

I don't think I need to see them again for quite some time now. Their sets are getting a bit stale.
Ooh, uh, yeah. I'm going to have to go ahead and sort of disagree with you there. Clutch are one of the few bands that don't have any stale sets. They change it up every night it seems... And about the new album, i think it's there best since Blast Tyrant. I wouldn't say it's boring at all... But that's just me.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
clutch, sons of icarus

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 09:46 AM.


Blah Blah Blah Copyright WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM 2008