Unearth -- Pontiac, MI -- April 17th, 2014
Wayne Static -- Birmingham, AL -- April 17th, 2014
Ghost -- Toronto, Ontario -- April 17th, 2014
Rainbow Bar & Grill 42nd Anniversary -- West Hollywood, CA -- April 13th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 07-09-2013, 04:05 AM
N00B

Megadeth -- Clarkston, MI -- July 8th, 2013

This was part of their Gigantour, but Megadeth was the only band I saw. It was POURING rain, and I had a lawn ticket. Besides, Hellyeah was the only other band on the bill that I was interested in, and they only got a 30-min. set. Capacity at Pine Knob is over 15,000 people, and there were MAYBE 5,000 people there. Thankfully a few minutes before Megadeth went on they let the people on the lawn into the top 10 rows of the pavillion so we didn't get rained on. Megadeth put on a solid set. The highlights for me were their Thin Lizzy cover, "Sweating Bullets," and "She-Wolf." Setlist:

Trust
Hangar 18
Kingmaker
She-Wolf
Skin o' My Teeth
Architecture of Aggression
Sweating Bullets
Hook in Mouth
A Tout Le Monde
Super Collider
Symphony of Destruction
Cold Sweat (Thin Lizzy cover)
Peace Sells
--encore--
Holy Wars... The Punishment Due
5/17 Still Remains
5/24 BledFest
6/5 DFD
7/9 311
7/17 MayhemFest
7/18 Warped & Machine Head
Old 07-09-2013, 04:49 AM
Meanwhile, behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevindeets View Post
Hellyeah was the only other band on the bill
Anyone who goes to this tour and has no interest in Newsted is plain wrong.

23/4 Scott Stapp
24/4 MoonKings
25/4 Spirit Caravan
30/4 Kenny Wayne Shepherd
Old 07-09-2013, 05:42 AM
The cameras are whores for the daily bloodshed.

Seems like a lot of Megadeth shows from their past several tours have not sold well.

03/08-Suffocation (?)
04/04-Kataklysm, Aborted (?)
04/05-Biohazard, Sworn Enemy (?)
Old 07-09-2013, 06:06 AM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellawaits77ny View Post
Seems like a lot of Megadeth shows from their past several tours have not sold well.
This was talked about in the official Gigantour thread and I mentioned it's because Megadeth just tours too damn much. If you miss them this time, no big deal because you can just catch them when they come around again next year which is very likely. They need to take a break for a bit and then return so interest will be there again. It happens with just about every popular band who takes some extended time off. The fans willingness to see them is usually very high after a long layoff. Except for the RIP and CTE anniversary sets, Megadeth isn't giving the fans much of a reason to see them. They certainly aren't gaining enough interest to be getting booked in amphitheaters that fit 15,000 like they are on this tour. Even during the original RIP and CTE tours i'm not even sure they sold out venues that big.

Having BLS as the co-headliner is a problem to. They're in the same boat as Megadeth where they've just toured too damn much in recent years and the interest just isn't big enough for fans to see them right now.
Old 07-09-2013, 07:30 AM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevindeets View Post
Megadeth put on a solid set.
Erm..
Old 07-09-2013, 09:14 AM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanitarium78 View Post
This was talked about in the official Gigantour thread and I mentioned it's because Megadeth just tours too damn much. If you miss them this time, no big deal because you can just catch them when they come around again next year which is very likely. They need to take a break for a bit and then return so interest will be there again. It happens with just about every popular band who takes some extended time off. The fans willingness to see them is usually very high after a long layoff. Except for the RIP and CTE anniversary sets, Megadeth isn't giving the fans much of a reason to see them. They certainly aren't gaining enough interest to be getting booked in amphitheaters that fit 15,000 like they are on this tour. Even during the original RIP and CTE tours i'm not even sure they sold out venues that big.

Having BLS as the co-headliner is a problem to. They're in the same boat as Megadeth where they've just toured too damn much in recent years and the interest just isn't big enough for fans to see them right now.
I Was There Last Night And The Reason Why, In My Opinion, Attendance Was So Poor Was Because 1. It Was On A Monday, Starting At 4:00, The Day After 4Th Of July Weekend. And 2. The Weather Was Atrocious. It Was RAining Hard Most Of The Day. I Don't Think There Would Have Been A Sellout If The Day And Weather Were Different, But There Would Definitely Have Been At Least 10 - 12 Thousand There. Just A Horrible Day To Schedule The Show.
Old 07-09-2013, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chipknot61 View Post
I Was There Last Night
Did you over-emphasise the beginning of every word when talking to people there too?

23/4 Scott Stapp
24/4 MoonKings
25/4 Spirit Caravan
Old 07-09-2013, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanitarium78 View Post
Not so much the case here. If this line-up came to Europe it would easily sell-out 5,000 theatres everywhere without breaking a sweat. Probably would push 10,000 places in major markets like London.

Granted not the kind of 15,000+ places Maiden and AC/DC etc. sell out, but it'd sell pretty damn well, and would probably run to more dates than those kinds of tours too.

23/4 Scott Stapp
24/4 MoonKings
25/4 Spirit Caravan
Old 07-09-2013, 10:00 AM
N00B

I saw the first two Gigantours at Pine Knob. The first one had a pretty good crowd, but even then, the seats didn't look full until Megadeth themselves went on. The second one was much, much emptier and the bands were commenting on how many empty seats there were. The actual number of people was very respectable - they just booked a place that was outsized. It didn't look full until Lamb of God went on.

Megadeth is a Royal Oak Theater or State Theater-sized band, Dave just won't accept that.
Old 07-09-2013, 10:18 AM
though the vocals can be a little to extreme for me some times

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellawaits77ny View Post
The Chicago show has marked down ticket prices several times, done a few sales for them and are now marked down buy one get one free tickets and they still aren't selling well.

Tags
megadeth