Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Ceremonial Castings -- Seattle, WA -- July 7th, 2014
Flotsam and Jetsam -- West Hollywood, CA -- July 9th, 2014
King Buzzo -- Dover, NH -- July 9, 2014
Slash -- Hampton Beach, NH -- July 9th, 2014
Sebastian Bach -- London, England -- July 9th, 2014


Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #21  
Old 07-08-2013, 07:44 PM
300%_Density 300%_Density is offline
When your grabbing ass with your friends...
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: The Prison Planet
Posts: 3,446
I also thought Endgame was really good tour as well. Not RIP good but as far as touring for albums it seems best in recent memory. I can even excuse having to see Suicide Silence on that tour.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 07-08-2013, 08:29 PM
Butcher of Birth's Avatar
Butcher of Birth Butcher of Birth is offline
Lead Singer of Atlas
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Melbourne, FL
Posts: 1,580
I wish Endgame was their last album... These recent tours are getting more and more sad.

It's nice to see him playing "other" CTE songs, but the others need to go away as stated earlier. The lack of Youthanasia is truly sad; a great album tossed away.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 07-09-2013, 03:39 AM
hellawaits77ny's Avatar
hellawaits77ny hellawaits77ny is offline
The cameras are whores for the daily bloodshed.
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Upstate, NY
Posts: 3,696
Blog Entries: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butcher of Birth View Post
I wish Endgame was their last album... These recent tours are getting more and more sad.
.
I still think Megadeth are still capable of making good albums, so I won't totally agree, but I do agree each tour has been worse. And both albums since Endgame have been exponentailly worse.
__________________
youtube.com/user/hellawaits77NY

07/21-Devourment (?)
07/28-Cannibal Corpse (?)
08/09-Heavy MTL (?)
08/10-Heavy MTL (?)
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 07-09-2013, 06:12 AM
Sanitarium78's Avatar
Sanitarium78 Sanitarium78 is offline
Concert Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 3,987
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butcher of Birth View Post
The lack of Youthanasia is truly sad; a great album tossed away.
Yeah, what they fuck happened to Reckoning Day? That riff fuckin kills live.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 07-09-2013, 06:57 AM
MetalIsArt's Avatar
MetalIsArt MetalIsArt is offline
Long live Ronnie James Dio
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Dendermonde, Flanders
Posts: 2,599
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenheart View Post
What did you expect him to do?
Do you honestly like his solo material?

People only want him play to Metallica stuff.
__________________
Jump in the fire

My album collection: http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=10683&page=16
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 07-09-2013, 06:58 AM
MetalIsArt's Avatar
MetalIsArt MetalIsArt is offline
Long live Ronnie James Dio
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Dendermonde, Flanders
Posts: 2,599
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by 300%_Density View Post
I also thought Endgame was really good tour as well. Not RIP good but as far as touring for albums it seems best in recent memory. I can even excuse having to see Suicide Silence on that tour.
Glad to see I'm not the only one who likes Endgame quite a bit. My favorite track is deadly nightshade...
__________________
Jump in the fire

My album collection: http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=10683&page=16
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 07-09-2013, 06:59 AM
MetalIsArt's Avatar
MetalIsArt MetalIsArt is offline
Long live Ronnie James Dio
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Dendermonde, Flanders
Posts: 2,599
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanitarium78 View Post
Yeah, what they fuck happened to Reckoning Day? That riff fuckin kills live.
Maybe it's actually Satanic...
__________________
Jump in the fire

My album collection: http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=10683&page=16
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 07-09-2013, 07:40 AM
Sanitarium78's Avatar
Sanitarium78 Sanitarium78 is offline
Concert Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 3,987
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalIsArt View Post
Do you honestly like his solo material?

People only want him play to Metallica stuff.
If people are only want Newstead to play Metallica stuff then they are complete idiots. He never wrote that much material with them and was never the lead singer. Why on earth would anyone expect him to play all Metallica songs?
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 07-09-2013, 07:54 AM
ravenheart's Avatar
ravenheart ravenheart is offline
Meanwhile, behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore...
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: England
Posts: 17,807
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalIsArt View Post
Do you honestly like his solo material?

People only want him play to Metallica stuff.
Yes, absolutely. And so do a lot of other people from what I've witnessed so far. I've seen him twice, and both times everyone was into his solo stuff and weren't shouting for Metallica songs the whole time.

I did expect him to do more than just the one Metallica song, for sure. Especially given that the one he is doing isn't one he played on. But whatever, I'm only really interested in him doing Metallica songs if he's going to bust out stuff from Load and ReLoad that Metallica never play. Otherwise, I'll go see Metallica.
__________________
www.jukeboxmetal.com
http://jukeboxmetal.blogspot.com

9/7 Sebastian Bach
11/7 Snakecharmer
20/7 Onslaught
30/7 King Diamond
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 07-09-2013, 04:28 PM
Steev Steev is offline
N00B
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 3,274
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenheart View Post
Yes, absolutely. And so do a lot of other people from what I've witnessed so far. I've seen him twice, and both times everyone was into his solo stuff and weren't shouting for Metallica songs the whole time.

I did expect him to do more than just the one Metallica song, for sure. Especially given that the one he is doing isn't one he played on. But whatever, I'm only really interested in him doing Metallica songs if he's going to bust out stuff from Load and ReLoad that Metallica never play. Otherwise, I'll go see Metallica.
Agreed, I'd be stoked for King Nothing or Waste My Hate(which they'd play the beginning of when they ended shows back in 2009, fucking tease)
__________________
Queen
This is Hardcore
NIN/Soundgarden
Mayhem
Kiss/Def Leppard
Uproar
Crue/Alice Cooper
Fishbone
Slayer/Suicidal/Exodus
Living Colour
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
black label society, megadeth, newsted

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 03:17 PM.


Blah Blah Blah Copyright WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM 2008