Intronaut -- West Hollywood, CA -- December 19th, 2014
Cannabis Corpse -- Chicago, IL -- December 17th, 2014
Kreator -- London, England -- December 18th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 06-29-2013, 04:38 PM
Tinnitus

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyD View Post
Well I'm saying that because of the intensity of their music. They might be able to do a 90-105 minute set here or there but there's no way in hell they could do more than 75 minutes night after night the way that they tour.

The nature of the internet gets us thinking in terms of black and white. It's great that Rush does 2 sets a night and that Zeppelin or GnR have done 3+ hour sets. But that's 2-3 hours of ebb and flow, light and shade, Welcome to the Jungle and Patience. Not 2-3 hours of PERMAGLAZE REFLECTS THIS WORLD DISTANT TO THE THAWED LIFE, FROST CLAN BLOWS THE WAR HORN WITHOUT A FEAR OR GUISE.
Asking for anything more is like complaining that Usain Bolt doesn't do marathons.
I can't speak for High on Fire, but I agree so damn much with this.

For example, I saw Roger Waters perform The Wall live. I think that was two 90 minute sets? Every second of that was amazing. On the flipside, I saw Rotten Sound last month and they played for barely 35 minutes. Every second of that was amazing. Had it been the other way around both would have sucked majorly (especially since they wouldn't be playing all of The Wall like they said they would, but you get my point ).

Unless they're one of my all-time favorites, the more intense a band is the less they should play. I mean, at some point the energy is going to take a nose dive and it just kind of kills the mood.

Last edited by Ommie; 06-29-2013 at 04:57 PM.
Old 06-29-2013, 05:36 PM
Metal Setlists Elitist Committee

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRA View Post

By the way, I iTunes-time-calculated that set and it comes out to 1:43:57. Factor in the breaks between songs, re-fueling by water/beer/smoothie and the occasional stage rap and that's what...112-115 minutes?
Um, if you're talking about the actual setlist, you're way off. But if you're talking your dream setlist, I can see that.
3/7 Enslaved/Yob
4/17 ELECTRIC FUCKING WIZARD
Old 06-29-2013, 07:55 PM
Traditionalist Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by slapguitarer View Post
Um, if you're talking about the actual setlist, you're way off. But if you're talking your dream setlist, I can see that.

should have clarified, yes I meant my dream setlist.

Tags
high on fire