Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Sadistic Intent -- Downey, CA -- December 21st, 2013
Thy Art Is Murder -- Sydney, Australia -- December 19th, 2014
Intronaut -- West Hollywood, CA -- December 19th, 2014
Cannabis Corpse -- Chicago, IL -- December 17th, 2014
Kreator -- London, England -- December 18th, 2014


Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 06-28-2013, 03:33 AM
Onioner Onioner is offline
One who onions things
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Everywhere, CA
Posts: 2,181
Bonded by Blood -- Hollywood, CA -- June 27th, 2013

Fun night out overall, especially since my ticket was covered. It was nice seeing my buddies in Hatchet again after so long. Out of all my metal friends back home, they're still some of the most loyal and chill pals around.

Hatchet were main support and were solid as always. They had a big problem with one of the amps so that derailed the set a bit.

1. After the Dark
2. Silenced by Death
3. Fall from Grace
4. Sinister Thoughts
5. Dawn of the End
6. Vanishing Point

Bonded were next and actually played for a full hour. For about half the set they had a new second guitarist with them so they actually sounded really good during it. Mauro and Jessie were both really active onstage, and Juan was there and played for the whole set. The fill-in dude from the Soilwork tour was nowhere to be found. Basically I have no fricken idea what the hell is happening with the guitar players for Bonded by Blood.

1. Civil Servant
2. Mind Pollution
3. Another Disease
4. Tormenting Voices
5. 600 A.B. (After the Bomb)
6. Prison Planet
7. Sector 87
8. Blood-Spilled Offerings
9. Shepherds of Rot
10. The Aftermath
11. Repulsive
12. Crawling in the Shadows
13. Show No Fear
14. Restless Minds

Too lazy for a detailed gig report, but this really was a pretty fun show. I never thought I'd see a rethrash band (not counting Vektor as rethrash of course) play such a long set.
__________________
Skeletonwitch/Ghoul - 9/23
Saviours/Hazzard's Cure - 9/28
Raven - 10/20
Satan/Slough Feg - 10/25
King Diamond - 8/31
Judas Priest - 11/16
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 06-28-2013, 05:43 AM
Spiner202's Avatar
Spiner202 Spiner202 is offline
Welcome To My Nightmare...
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,233
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onioner View Post
1. After the Dark
2. Silenced by Death
3. Fall from Grace
4. Sinister Thoughts
5. Dawn of the End
6. Vanishing Point
While I do like this set a lot (Vanishing Point is a great closer!), I dislike this trend of bands completely ignoring their previous releases. I get that it's a short set and they are excited about the new record, but their first one was great too. There's a few other bands I've seen do this too, unfortunately.


Quote:
1. Civil Servant
2. Mind Pollution
3. Another Disease
4. Tormenting Voices
5. 600 A.B. (After the Bomb)
6. Prison Planet
7. Sector 87
8. Blood-Spilled Offerings
9. Shepherds of Rot
10. The Aftermath
11. Repulsive
12. Crawling in the Shadows
13. Show No Fear
14. Restless Minds
This is a really great set! Like you said, I've never seen one of these bands play this long, and seeing as how it's one of my favourite styles of music, it must have been awesome. I'm a bit surprised with the choices from Feed the Beast. Immortal Life seems to be a staple, and I'd love to hear the title track and Necropsy too. The songs from Exiled are great choices, especially Prison Planet! It would be cool to hear Episodes of Aggression, but it's difficult to complain about such a long set!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-28-2013, 08:16 AM
anomynous's Avatar
anomynous anomynous is online now
Metal-Setlistcore
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 2,139
So Bonded realized they need two guitarists? Good.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-28-2013, 11:02 AM
Onioner Onioner is offline
One who onions things
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Everywhere, CA
Posts: 2,181
Julz has never been really happy with Awaiting Evil in really any way. Even back when the album came out, he wasn't exactly super enthusiastic about it in the press. I'd be amazed if Hatchet ever play anything from Awaiting Evil ever again. I guess I'm lucky in that regard, I've seen Frozen Hell, Awaiting Evil, and Attack Imminent a bajillion times and I'm pretty sure I've seen Morlocks Tomb once.

As for Bonded, I think they were looking to play some deeper cuts to make the longtime fans happy. Most people have heard Immortal Life a few times now and I'm really sure I saw them play Feed the Beast with Death Angel a couple years back. Did they ever play Prototype Death Machine live?
__________________
Skeletonwitch/Ghoul - 9/23
Saviours/Hazzard's Cure - 9/28
Raven - 10/20
Satan/Slough Feg - 10/25
King Diamond - 8/31
Judas Priest - 11/16
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-28-2013, 11:50 AM
Spiner202's Avatar
Spiner202 Spiner202 is offline
Welcome To My Nightmare...
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,233
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onioner View Post
Julz has never been really happy with Awaiting Evil in really any way. Even back when the album came out, he wasn't exactly super enthusiastic about it in the press. I'd be amazed if Hatchet ever play anything from Awaiting Evil ever again. I guess I'm lucky in that regard, I've seen Frozen Hell, Awaiting Evil, and Attack Imminent a bajillion times and I'm pretty sure I've seen Morlocks Tomb once.
That's too bad, because a lot of those songs are great.

Quote:
As for Bonded, I think they were looking to play some deeper cuts to make the longtime fans happy. Most people have heard Immortal Life a few times now and I'm really sure I saw them play Feed the Beast with Death Angel a couple years back. Did they ever play Prototype Death Machine live?
That's a fair point. I guess most people from around there have probably seen them quite a few times.

As for Prototype Death Machine, I assumed it was played live, because I think they shot a video for it.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
bonded by blood, hatchet

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 10:25 AM.


Blah Blah Blah Copyright WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM 2008