Cormorant -- San Francisco, CA -- December 20th, 2014
Opeth -- Toronto, Ontario -- December 21st, 2014
It Lies Within -- Flint, MI -- December 21st, 2014
Pig Destroyer -- Philadelphia, PA -- December 20th, 2014

Old 06-24-2013, 04:12 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by PVH5150 View Post
The first show of the tour is in Gilford, New Hampshire. Place holds 8,000 people. Just checked on sales. 2,000 tickets have been sold. Sad. If anything, this should've been a House of Blues sized tour with sellouts everywhere.
The only other time I went to Gigantour was a a HOB in 05
Old 06-24-2013, 04:17 PM
Concert Veteran

This may not be a case of whoever booked this tour being clueless about Megadeth's drawing power though. It may have more to do with what venues the tour promoter has deals with. I think it's cheaper for them to book venues they have a contract with already even if the venue is too big and tickets don't sell good.

Still, it's better to see a band play a small or midsized venue that's packed rather than seeing them in a big arena playing in front of a half empty house.
Old 06-24-2013, 04:23 PM
Dave Meniketti is God.

Far as I know, the one in New Hampshire they've never played at.

Also, it's the only summer shed in the area that is in no way affiliated with Live Nation. No clue how the hell they planned this route in the first place.
Old 06-24-2013, 08:22 PM
Some People Call Me The White Devil

I just don't know why they didn't keep it at the Aragon Ballroom for Chicago because that doesn't even sell out.

This tour makes about as much sense as the All Star tour going from a 5,000 capacity venue to a 30,000 capacity soccer stadium.
Old 06-24-2013, 08:42 PM
Concert Veteran

I think Megadeth needs to take a couple years off. Sometimes you need to let the fans miss you for a bit before touring again. The way they keep touring almost nonstop for the last four years isn't doing them any favors when it comes to ticket sales.

I saw the first gigantour in 2005 and that tour was a big deal because Dave had put the band on hiatus for a few years while he recovered from some nerve damage he had in his hand. My show was at an amphitheater and it drew a pretty good sized crowd. I would say most of the reserved seats were filled. Having Dream Theater as the co-headliner helped a lot to but certainly Megadeth making their big comeback was the major draw for the tour. While I don't think they have to be like Metallica and take 5 or 6 years between albums, no one can deny that Megadeth really needs to take a vacation for a bit.
Old 06-24-2013, 09:58 PM
Traditionalist Asshole

He also needs to relearn what it means to be a thrash band. He's been releasing recycled CTE's for over a decade now.
Old 06-25-2013, 11:13 AM
with his arms outstretched

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanitarium78 View Post
I think Megadeth needs to take a couple years off. Sometimes you need to let the fans miss you for a bit before touring again. The way they keep touring almost nonstop for the last four years isn't doing them any favors when it comes to ticket sales.

I saw the first gigantour in 2005 and that tour was a big deal because Dave had put the band on hiatus for a few years while he recovered from some nerve damage he had in his hand. My show was at an amphitheater and it drew a pretty good sized crowd. I would say most of the reserved seats were filled. Having Dream Theater as the co-headliner helped a lot to but certainly Megadeth making their big comeback was the major draw for the tour. While I don't think they have to be like Metallica and take 5 or 6 years between albums, no one can deny that Megadeth really needs to take a vacation for a bit.
I've been thinking the same thing for the last year. Even if he wanted to tour he should take a bit of time off between albums. He's released three albums in a little over three and a half years. He should let the albums sit a bit longer so people appreciate them (except that new one). But you're right about touring too. They come to town every six months or so, it seems. Maybe tour one summer, take time off for a bit then tour two summers later, every other year. Unless money is the big issue. I have no idea what his financial situation is like but wether they're playing to a half empty arena or a packed club I'm sure he gets paid the same either way.

12/27 -- Unearth/Protest the Hero
03/07 -- Video Games Live
07/06 -- U2
Old 06-25-2013, 08:30 PM
Not a number, I'm a free man

I think touring with special concepts like CTE or RIP in it's entirety is a good draw but when they are just doing their standard thing it does seem like you will have the opportunity to see them again in a few months if you miss a show near you so it's no big deal. I drove 6 hours for the CtE anniversary tour though and it was well worth it, would definitely not do that if they are just playing a standard set however.
7/1 - Iron Maiden - Luxembourg
10/31 - Fleetwood Mac
Old 07-10-2013, 03:32 AM
Banned Asshole

Thursday, August 8th
DEVICE / HELL YEAH
with guests TBD
Doors @ 8pm // Show @ 9pm
$30.00 adv // $33.00 dos
ASYLUM | 121 Center St. | Portland, ME 04102 | 18+

haha. such a "maine" show.
Old 07-10-2013, 04:02 AM
"I call it torture you call it life. A slave to money and everything I despise"

Quote:
Originally Posted by detuned View Post
Thursday, August 8th
DEVICE / HELL YEAH
with guests TBD
Doors @ 8pm // Show @ 9pm
$30.00 adv // $33.00 dos
ASYLUM | 121 Center St. | Portland, ME 04102 | 18+

haha. such a "maine" show.
But fuck, my friend loves both of these bands (yeah, I don;t get it either). And we still kinda go to some shows together, and he loves this club and has a friend who lives in Maine. If he finds out about this show, guaranteed he tries to make me drive up for this. Ugh.
2/7 Napalm Death