Unearth -- Pontiac, MI -- April 17th, 2014

Old 06-19-2013, 12:30 PM
PAAAAAAANTURRRUUUHHHHHH!! !!!!

Thumbs up Funeral Age -- Denver, CO -- June 15th, 2013

Saturday June 15, 2013
Bushwacker's Saloon
Denver, CO
Funeral Age - Thou Shall Kill - Verdugo - Blankets

This was the second to last date of my band, Funeral Age's, short Western US tour with our friends Thou Shall Kill. We missed the first date in Spokane, WA due to our truck breaking down, but rejoined the tour in Boise, ID on Wednesday the 12th to a crowd of (not counting staff or Thou Shall Kill) maybe 5 people tops. The next date we played was in Salt Lake City, UT on the 13th, to yet another small crowd, but that show was still enjoyable to play. We were a bit discouraged at the small crowd sizes, but had our hopes up for the Denver show... and our wish was granted!

Denver ended up being the best show on the entire tour! Great local openers, amazing crowd, and fun fun FUN show. The first band of the night was a band called Blankets. They had a very odd mix of genres in their music, but still highly enjoyable. They started off as kind of a Pop/Punk/Rock band, but then their last few songs were totally Death Metal . They were cool guys and really talented at what they do.

Blankets
*no set*

The next band of the night was my favorite local opener on the entire tour.... VERDUGO!!!! These guys kicked major ass. Really raw, sloppy at times, but so much fun and really awesome guys to hang out with. Their singer reminded me of Max Cavalera with the growl he had (I believe he was from South America). Their set was half covers and half originals, and I cannot wait to play in Denver again and hopefully share the stage with them again.

Verdugo (covers list only)
For Whom The Bell Tolls (Metallica cover)
Orgasmatron (Motorhead cover)
[forgot which song] (Sepultura cover)

After Verdugo, we were all pumped! Our tour buddies, Thou Shall Kill, were full of energy and ready to take the stage. They put on their best performance of the whole tour at this show, thanks to the energy that the crowd gave back to them. Everyone seemed to love them for their brutal Death Metal style that they brought to Denver.

Thou Shall Kill*incomplete set*
Human Jigsaw
Thou Shall Kill

After TSK, my band, Funeral Age, was ready to take the stage. Unlike the last headling show we did in Boise (started at 12:45) we started just after 12, and ended just after 1:00am. The crowd was still there, and they were still full of energy. During our set I saw Verdugo right up front rocking out with us and giving us the energy that we had been seeking at the last two dates we played. We started off with our new recorded intro (first time ever), then busted into our crowd favorite "One Abomination Under God". We played strong and energetic for the whole set and busted out our cover of "Criminally Insane" near the end (which we rarely ever play anymore).

Funeral Age
*Intro*
One Abomination Under God
Lives For An Eye
Promised Land of Lies
Stillborn Again
Halo of Suffering
Criminally Insane (Slayer cover)
We Want Blood

After the show we were all out back loading up our gear and someone said "Lets hear it for Seattle!" and all of the remaining patrons at the bar erupted into a huge applause for us and Thou Shall Kill, it definitely made the whole trip worth it. We shook a lot of peoples hands and I made sure to let everyone know that this was the best show on the whole tour and thanked them for being so supportive.

- Funeral Age
facebook.com/funeralageofficial
funeralage.bandcamp.com
Old 06-20-2013, 10:43 PM
"I call it torture you call it life. A slave to money and everything I despise"

Glad to hear this show went so well!!
6/15 Mutilation Rites
Old 06-21-2013, 12:17 AM
Close your eyes forget your name

Glad you had a great show here in Denver; I feel like Denver sometimes gets overlooked as a metal town (I feel like we are a mixed bag of all kinds of music) but when metal/hard rock comes here I know we can bring it just as well as a Chicago, a San Francisco, or a Texas crowd
05/23 Tribute band night: One(Metallica)/Hallowed Screams(Slayer)
06/07 Havok

Tags
funeral age