Bob Seger -- Saginaw, MI -- November 19th, 2014
Ace Frehley -- Uncasville, CT -- November 21st, 2014
Nuclear War Now! Fest IV -- Berlin, Germany -- November 7-8th, 2014
Deafheaven -- Toronto, Ontario -- November 21st, 2014
Threshold -- London, England -- November 20th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 06-19-2013, 09:55 AM
Not a number, I'm a free man

Sure will. And to be more specific it's 60 winners with one guest each so it's 120 people total.
7/1 - Iron Maiden - Luxembourg
10/31 - Fleetwood Mac
Old 06-19-2013, 10:04 AM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrritatedTrout View Post
Sure will. And to be more specific it's 60 winners with one guest each so it's 120 people total.
Damn I think I'm going to join the maiden fan club.
Killswitch Engage-10/24
Slipknot-11/26
Exodus-12/7
Old 06-19-2013, 05:38 PM
N00B

Great review, glad you had a great time, Maiden have recently announced just one date for the UK, which I'm really not happy about since the tour is called ''Maiden ENGLAND'', so why not do a decent length UK tour? Huge shame I'm going to miss out on this show since there was no way I could get to Download festival as well as the London show coming up, really annoys me that they only tour the UK when it comes to a new album.
Old 06-19-2013, 05:42 PM
I'm Young, I'm Wild, And I'm Free

I just really hope Maiden comes to Georgia again sometime soon.I remember the day they played at Lakewood I was sitting in my room playing my computer and hearing about it on the radio, such a shame
Old 06-19-2013, 06:59 PM
Not a number, I'm a free man

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheClairvoyant View Post
Great review, glad you had a great time, Maiden have recently announced just one date for the UK, which I'm really not happy about since the tour is called ''Maiden ENGLAND'', so why not do a decent length UK tour? Huge shame I'm going to miss out on this show since there was no way I could get to Download festival as well as the London show coming up, really annoys me that they only tour the UK when it comes to a new album.
Honestly, I've heard a lot of the lack of UK touring comes down to taxes. I've heard that was the reason there were no reunion shows there in 1999 for example. Don't know if it's definitely true, but yeah.

I was at the Lakewood show, it was awesome. One of the best selling shows of last year, like top 3 or 4 I think, so maybe they will return to Atlanta sooner than another 20 years.
7/1 - Iron Maiden - Luxembourg
10/31 - Fleetwood Mac
Old 06-19-2013, 07:20 PM
I'm Young, I'm Wild, And I'm Free

Quote:
Honestly, I've heard a lot of the lack of UK touring comes down to taxes. I've heard that was the reason there were no reunion shows there in 1999 for example. Don't know if it's definitely true, but yeah.

I was at the Lakewood show, it was awesome. One of the best selling shows of last year, like top 3 or 4 I think, so maybe they will return to Atlanta sooner than another 20 years.
I sure hope so, but if that is the case I guess I'll just have to wait, because I need to see a Maiden show before I die, I just got to.
Old 06-19-2013, 08:10 PM
Traditionalist Asshole

Doesn't it also have to do with the fact that the British press and Maiden hate each other (and the British music press have way more of a sway on the public than most)?
Old 06-19-2013, 08:48 PM
SADISTIC, MAGICIAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRA View Post
Doesn't it also have to do with the fact that the British press and Maiden hate each other (and the British music press have way more of a sway on the public than most)?
Kerrang and Metal Hammer suck Maiden's dick every couple of issues regardless, that wouldn't be an issue.

It's wanting to play big venues. Maiden want to play arenas in the UK, and much like Dublin and Belfast, the best way to guarantee that the big arena shows are worthwhile is to do one in a centralized area and get everyone to travel. They did Dublin one year, then Belfast the next, maximized the attendance at both. For this, they did one festival date, then one/maybe two London dates to maximize attendance. They might do a sweep next year of maybe 6-8 cities in the UK, but they will be hot spots.

Maximize the numbers, play bigger venues, get bigger productions, play less dates and still make as much money, if not more. Metallica, Slipknot, Rammstein - same story with all the big metal bands.
Old 06-19-2013, 09:10 PM
N00B

Quote:

I can't really see that being the reason to be quite honest, because when Maiden release an album, they always give the UK a well sized tour, but never when it comes to tours like Greatest Hits etc. It really annoys me, because I really love the set for this tour, and the fact that the actual tour is called Maiden England makes me even more angry

Tags
iron maiden