Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Vandenberg's MoonKings -- London, England -- April 24th, 2014
Ghost -- Boulder, CO -- April 23rd, 2014
Gideon -- Toledo, OH -- April 22nd, 2014
Queensryche -- Uncasville, CT -- April 19th, 2014
Scott Stapp -- London, England -- April 23rd, 2014


Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #11  
Old 06-19-2013, 08:55 AM
IrritatedTrout's Avatar
IrritatedTrout IrritatedTrout is online now
Not a number, I'm a free man
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Virginia
Posts: 5,215
Sure will. And to be more specific it's 60 winners with one guest each so it's 120 people total.
__________________
5/4 - Rob Zombie
5/11 - Ghost
5/13 - Mastodon / Gojira
5/21 - Primus
6/28 - Iron Maiden - Bergen, Norway
7/1 - Iron Maiden - Luxembourg
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 06-19-2013, 09:04 AM
Bengals279's Avatar
Bengals279 Bengals279 is offline
N00B
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Kansas
Posts: 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrritatedTrout View Post
Sure will. And to be more specific it's 60 winners with one guest each so it's 120 people total.
Damn I think I'm going to join the maiden fan club.
__________________
7dust-4/24
Kadavar-4/26
Evalyn Awake-5/10
SLAYER-5/13
Tantric-5/16
Sidewise-5/17
Battlecross-5/25
Rockfest-5/31
Psychostick-6/10
Warped-7/31
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 06-19-2013, 04:38 PM
TheClairvoyant's Avatar
TheClairvoyant TheClairvoyant is offline
N00B
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: England, Middlesbrough.
Posts: 164
Great review, glad you had a great time, Maiden have recently announced just one date for the UK, which I'm really not happy about since the tour is called ''Maiden ENGLAND'', so why not do a decent length UK tour? Huge shame I'm going to miss out on this show since there was no way I could get to Download festival as well as the London show coming up, really annoys me that they only tour the UK when it comes to a new album.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 06-19-2013, 04:42 PM
TheWildAndTheYoung's Avatar
TheWildAndTheYoung TheWildAndTheYoung is offline
Hunting High And Low
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 1,661
I just really hope Maiden comes to Georgia again sometime soon.I remember the day they played at Lakewood I was sitting in my room playing my computer and hearing about it on the radio, such a shame
__________________
4/25-26 - M3 Rock Festival
5/24 - Styx/Foreigner
5/30 - Journey/Steve Miller Band
8/14 - Motley Crue/Alice Cooper
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 06-19-2013, 05:59 PM
IrritatedTrout's Avatar
IrritatedTrout IrritatedTrout is online now
Not a number, I'm a free man
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Virginia
Posts: 5,215
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheClairvoyant View Post
Great review, glad you had a great time, Maiden have recently announced just one date for the UK, which I'm really not happy about since the tour is called ''Maiden ENGLAND'', so why not do a decent length UK tour? Huge shame I'm going to miss out on this show since there was no way I could get to Download festival as well as the London show coming up, really annoys me that they only tour the UK when it comes to a new album.
Honestly, I've heard a lot of the lack of UK touring comes down to taxes. I've heard that was the reason there were no reunion shows there in 1999 for example. Don't know if it's definitely true, but yeah.



I was at the Lakewood show, it was awesome. One of the best selling shows of last year, like top 3 or 4 I think, so maybe they will return to Atlanta sooner than another 20 years.
__________________
5/4 - Rob Zombie
5/11 - Ghost
5/13 - Mastodon / Gojira
5/21 - Primus
6/28 - Iron Maiden - Bergen, Norway
7/1 - Iron Maiden - Luxembourg
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 06-19-2013, 06:20 PM
TheWildAndTheYoung's Avatar
TheWildAndTheYoung TheWildAndTheYoung is offline
Hunting High And Low
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 1,661
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrritatedTrout View Post
Honestly, I've heard a lot of the lack of UK touring comes down to taxes. I've heard that was the reason there were no reunion shows there in 1999 for example. Don't know if it's definitely true, but yeah.



I was at the Lakewood show, it was awesome. One of the best selling shows of last year, like top 3 or 4 I think, so maybe they will return to Atlanta sooner than another 20 years.
I sure hope so, but if that is the case I guess I'll just have to wait, because I need to see a Maiden show before I die, I just got to.
__________________
4/25-26 - M3 Rock Festival
5/24 - Styx/Foreigner
5/30 - Journey/Steve Miller Band
8/14 - Motley Crue/Alice Cooper
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 06-19-2013, 07:10 PM
JRA's Avatar
JRA JRA is online now
Traditionalist Asshole
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 19,722
Doesn't it also have to do with the fact that the British press and Maiden hate each other (and the British music press have way more of a sway on the public than most)?
__________________
I listened to three Babymetal tracks...sounds like Chun Li getting butt-fucked by Andrew W.K. That's not something I ever wanted to hear.
-El Gordo
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 06-19-2013, 07:48 PM
Dextrimental's Avatar
Dextrimental Dextrimental is offline
SADISTIC, MAGICIAN
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Ireland
Posts: 2,450
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRA View Post
Doesn't it also have to do with the fact that the British press and Maiden hate each other (and the British music press have way more of a sway on the public than most)?
Kerrang and Metal Hammer suck Maiden's dick every couple of issues regardless, that wouldn't be an issue.

It's wanting to play big venues. Maiden want to play arenas in the UK, and much like Dublin and Belfast, the best way to guarantee that the big arena shows are worthwhile is to do one in a centralized area and get everyone to travel. They did Dublin one year, then Belfast the next, maximized the attendance at both. For this, they did one festival date, then one/maybe two London dates to maximize attendance. They might do a sweep next year of maybe 6-8 cities in the UK, but they will be hot spots.

Maximize the numbers, play bigger venues, get bigger productions, play less dates and still make as much money, if not more. Metallica, Slipknot, Rammstein - same story with all the big metal bands.
__________________
Yesterday don't mean SHIT.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 06-19-2013, 08:10 PM
TheClairvoyant's Avatar
TheClairvoyant TheClairvoyant is offline
N00B
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: England, Middlesbrough.
Posts: 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrritatedTrout View Post
Honestly, I've heard a lot of the lack of UK touring comes down to taxes. I've heard that was the reason there were no reunion shows there in 1999 for example. Don't know if it's definitely true, but yeah.



I was at the Lakewood show, it was awesome. One of the best selling shows of last year, like top 3 or 4 I think, so maybe they will return to Atlanta sooner than another 20 years.
I can't really see that being the reason to be quite honest, because when Maiden release an album, they always give the UK a well sized tour, but never when it comes to tours like Greatest Hits etc. It really annoys me, because I really love the set for this tour, and the fact that the actual tour is called Maiden England makes me even more angry
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
iron maiden

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 07:02 PM.


Blah Blah Blah Copyright WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM 2008