Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Grindcore Fest -- Los Angeles, CA -- July 12th, 2014
Midnight -- Toronto, Ontario -- July 12th, 2014
Satanic Warmaster -- Mexico City, Mexico -- July 5th, 2014
Dying Fetus -- Merriam, KS -- July 12th, 2014
Phobia -- Tempe, AZ -- July 11th, 2014

Old 06-16-2013, 10:11 AM
May you go marching in three-measure time, dressed up as asses and drunk to the nines...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiner202 View Post
I have to disagree about the first Tankard album. While they would get better (seriously Vol(l)ume 14. is amazing!), it's still an enjoyable record. 4.5 just seems cruel, as I don't think I'd rate any thrash album I've heard that low.
It probably is a little harsh. Pick the album up almost anywhere and you'll headbang for a couple songs... but then it all really starts to sound the same.

As far as ratings go, I have to dish out 4's, 3's, 2's, etc. A 4.5 means it's a slightly below average album, which is exactly what Zombie Attack is.
Old 06-16-2013, 07:05 PM
Headbanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Gordo View Post

Sacrifice - Torment in Fire - September 27, 1985

Much like Dark Angel a year earlier, Sacrifice are one of those bands who would go on to certain greatness after putting out a pretty lacklustre debut. Don't get me wrong, the attitude is there. The aggression is there. But all that youthful exuberance can't make up for the fact that these guys just aren't writing very good songs and they're just not great musicians yet. The horribly muddy production doesn't help either. Sure, the lyrics are ridiculously satanic and violent, and the vocals verge on death metal, but when you break the songs down, there's just not a whole lot here.

Standouts: Burned at the Stake, Sacrifice

Score: 3/10
I just found this thread and am going back through. Good stuff man. I agree with most of everything I've read so far including Ride the Lightning being slightly better than Master and Ktulu being slighly better than Orion. I do give Orion credit for getting me back into Ktulu though. That 1 riff in Orion is incredible...

Funny story about this Sacrifice album. I bought this back in the day on vinyl because of the cover art and song titles. I listened to it one time and it never did anything for me. When I was selling my vinyl on ebay (I miss some of it already) this album went the highest of all the albums I put on there. I believe it went for $85 which shocked the living shit outta me!
Old 06-16-2013, 07:09 PM
Headbanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRA View Post
Second Son is the weakest song on Feel The Fire IMO, but it is a tried and true underrated thrash classic!
I'd have to agree also. There's No Tomorrow is by far my favorite song off Feel the Fire and i wish they played it live. I seriously never want to hear Rotten to the Seek and Destroy again as long as I live...
Old 06-16-2013, 07:16 PM
Headbanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiner202 View Post
This is going to be an awesome thread, but Kill 'em All is a definite 10/10. Maybe the greatest album of all time (only Reign In Blood and Eternal Nightmare can compete).
So I went back to page 1 and realized I did see this thread in it's early stages. I skimmed over one of the most moronic posts in the history of this site and then saw this. The polar opposite of the other comment.

Well said my friend, well said...
Old 06-16-2013, 07:49 PM
One who onions things

Alright dude, you skipped Power from Hell. You've got some splainin to do.
Impaled (?) - 8/15
Sleep - 8/30
Swans - 9/10
King Diamond - 10/31
Old 06-16-2013, 08:50 PM
Traditionalist Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhdeity View Post
I'd have to agree also. There's No Tomorrow is by far my favorite song off Feel the Fire and i wish they played it live. I seriously never want to hear Rotten to the Seek and Destroy again as long as I live...
I will give you a pass since you have some years on me, but nah, I ain't quite sick of Rotten To The Core yet.

And when I said "an underrated thrash classic" I meant more the album than the song Second Son.
Old 06-17-2013, 02:18 AM
May you go marching in three-measure time, dressed up as asses and drunk to the nines...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onioner View Post
Alright dude, you skipped Power from Hell. You've got some splainin to do.
Yeah, I've got no excuse. I just missed it. It's bound to happen!
Old 06-17-2013, 09:41 AM
Headbanger

Quote:
I will give you a pass since you have some years on me, but nah, I ain't quite sick of Rotten To The Core yet.

And when I said "an underrated thrash classic" I meant more the album than the song Second Son.
Yeah I thought so, just wan't sure As far as Rotten goes, if they play it live the original way, I like it. When Blitz has to include the 3 minutes of sing-a-long I want to strangle myself with my spleen ala Seek and Destroy.
Old 06-17-2013, 11:09 AM
Traditionalist Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhdeity View Post
Yeah I thought so, just wan't sure As far as Rotten goes, if they play it live the original way, I like it. When Blitz has to include the 3 minutes of sing-a-long I want to strangle myself with my spleen ala Seek and Destroy.
I presume you are referring to the 18 minute Seek & Destroy on Binge & Purge. Yea, that was so bad that racially offensive. But I've never heard Overkill do anything like that with Rotten live.
Old 06-17-2013, 11:34 AM
Headbanger

Quote:
I presume you are referring to the 18 minute Seek & Destroy on Binge & Purge. Yea, that was so bad that racially offensive. But I've never heard Overkill do anything like that with Rotten live.
Yeah I never liked the live version on Fuck You and that only had like 2 minutes of cliche bullshit. Last time I saw Overkill live it was 8-9 minutes of let's hear it from this side... that side... the back... the pit. ughhhh.

The good news is I listened to the cool half then went on a beer run knowing it was coming so it worked out.

Still wondering whey they never play There's No Tomorrow live. I loved that song the 1st time I heard it and still do.