Eluveitie -- Baltimore, MD -- September 19th, 2014
Riot Fest -- Denver, CO -- September 19th, 2014
It Lies Within -- Flint, MI -- September 18th, 2014
Puya -- Washington, D.C. -- September 17th, 2014
Samhain -- Los Angeles, CA -- September 19th, 2014

Old 06-10-2013, 04:56 AM
Welcome To My Nightmare...

Skull Fracturing Metal Webzine

Hopefully this is the right place for this thread!

I do reviews and occasional interviews for Skull Fracturing Metal. There are only two of us doing this, but lately the other guy hasn't been too active, so it's been just me for the past couple of months. Based on the "2013" thread, my tastes don't really align too much with a lot of people here, but hopefully you can still find some cool reviews here. Our latest reviews are for the new Amon Amarth, Fire Strike, and Mortyr.

http://skullfracturingmetal.blogspot.ca/

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SkullFracturingMetalZine

We also take requests if you'd like your band reviewed, but we only review things we like :P
10/18 - King Diamond
Old 06-13-2013, 01:04 PM
Pop Punk > Slipknot and Y&T

Checking it out now. Seems pretty cool.
09/22 - RA/TA/Radkey ?
09/23 - Crowbar
Old 06-13-2013, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mankvill View Post
Checking it out now. Seems pretty cool.
Thanks dude!
10/18 - King Diamond
Old 07-28-2013, 05:03 AM

Just wanted to let everyone know that we are currently running a contest to win the new Crimson Shadows EP, "Sails of Destiny". It is some wicked power/death from near Toronto! These guys play Wacken on Wednesday and I want to show as much support as possible.

To enter, you just need to share the post with the review in it on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SkullFracturingMetalZine
10/18 - King Diamond
Old 12-04-2013, 06:31 AM

This month I'm running an awesome promotion for bands who want an easy review:

December Holiday Review Madness!

In an effort to further spread the word about great bands and to help our readers solidify their year-end lists, I will be doing a holiday review madness this month! This is an opportunity for bands both known and unknown to get reviewed with relative ease (as long as I can keep up). Here are the rules:

1. Send an email to skullfracturingmetal@gmail.com beginning December 4 or later with the subject: “Holiday Review Madness – [band name]”. Please attach a digital copy of the release you’d like reviewed. Bandcamp links are preferred, but other links are ok too. Releases must be recent (ie: 2011-2013).

2. I will begin reviewing as soon as possible, but the true madness will begin December 18th when I finish school.

3. Releases will be reviewed in the order they are received, with no exceptions. I cannot promise I’ll get to everything, but I’m hoping to knock out 30 or so releases.

4. In order to get through this volume of releases it means I will only be listening to something once when I review it, meaning that if I’m not digging it right away, it could get a bad review. It also means that I’m going to hand out scores lower than 70% if need be.

5. Preferred genres are thrash, power, traditional, and death. Black and doom are ok too. Anything not metal won’t be reviewed, and any other metal subgenres are very much a case of “submit at your own risk”.

Even if you don't play in a band, share this with all of your friends who do. It's a chance for easy promotion!

Also, I just did an interview with Deicide guitarist Kevin Quirion that everyone should check out

http://skullfracturingmetal.blogspot...interview.html
10/18 - King Diamond
Old 03-01-2014, 05:15 PM

*Bump*

Lots of cool reviews over the last few months:

Skull Fist, Midnight Malice, Primalfrost, Vindicator, Suicidal Angels, Perpetratör, Exmortus, Hypertension, Battery, Metal Church, Omnivore, Chapel, Amon, Condition Critical, Pathfinder, and more!

I'm always open for requests as well!
10/18 - King Diamond
Old 06-22-2014, 05:56 AM

There have been about 40 reviews since my last post here, but I'll just highlight a few cool lesser-known bands:

Harlott - Origin - This is among the most ripping of any new wave thrash album in recent years. Really cool stuff from Australia.

The Outer Limits - World Metal Domination - This thrash band does Forbidden better than Russ Anderson does.

Paranorm - The Edge of Existence - Technical thrash metal from Sweden. They'll be thrashing out one second, and then rip into a Malmsteen section the next. It's a short EP, but 100% worth it.

Sabbatory - Endless Asphyxiating Gloom - I don't like to overhype too many records, but knowing the taste of people on this board, this is an album of the year contender. Buy this, listen to it, and worship it. Old-school death metal with one of the most convincing production jobs in history (and great songwriting, of course).

Monument - Renegades - Traditional heavy metal that is very much in line with bands like White Wizzard and Skull Fist. I'm really surprised to see this album hasn't gotten more buzz.

Ancient Empire - Ancient Empire - USPM with huge riffs. Not a ton of speed, but it's really not needed here. Features the vocalist from the first Rocka Rollas EP and second album.

Spell - The Full Moon Sessions - This is some traditional heavy metal for fans of Cauldron, but would prefer they aren't quite as clean. Again, this is another record I think should really take off.

Avalon Steel - Ascension - This EP isn't out yet, but it features some USPM in the vein of Manilla Road, Omen, and Cirith Ungol. The vocalist has one of those really cool distinctive USPM vocals. This was done by a buddy of mine from Thrash Unlimited. I've known about this band for years, but I believe this is their first official release.

Ecocide - Eye of Wicked Sight - Very impressive OSDM. It sounds old-school, and the songwriting is definitely for fans of bands like Death, Pestilence, and Obituary.
10/18 - King Diamond
Old 06-22-2014, 10:14 AM
One who onions things

Totally agreed on the Monument album, it fricken rules! It definitely hasn't gotten the amount of press it deserves.
Satan/Slough Feg - 10/25
King Diamond - 8/31
Judas Priest - 11/16
Old 08-02-2014, 11:48 AM

Announcement Time! The return of Review Madness! Rules are similar as last time, but here they are again.

In an effort to further spread the word about great bands, I will be doing a review madness this month! This is an opportunity for bands both known and unknown to get reviewed with relative ease (as long as I can keep up). Here are the rules:

1. Send an email to skullfracturingmetal@gmail.com beginning today with the subject: “Review Madness – [band name]”. Please attach a link or digital copy of the release you’d like reviewed. Bandcamp links are preferred, but other links are ok too. Releases must be recent (ie: 2012-2014).

2. I will begin reviewing as soon as possible, but the true madness will begin August 12th when I finish school.

3. Releases will be reviewed in the order they are received, with no exceptions. I cannot promise I’ll get to everything, but I’m hoping to knock out 15-20 releases.

4. In order to get through this volume of releases it means I cannot promise that I can listen to these albums more than a few times each. Additionally, because these reviews are guaranteed, the scores might be lower than I would typically give if I'm not digging the release.

5. Preferred genres are thrash, power, traditional, and death. Black and doom are ok too. Anything not metal won’t be reviewed, and any other metal subgenres are very much a case of “submit at your own risk”.

Even if you don't play in a band, share this with all of your friends who do. It's a chance for easy promotion!
10/18 - King Diamond