Ace Frehley -- Uncasville, CT -- November 21st, 2014
Nuclear War Now! Fest IV -- Berlin, Germany -- November 7-8th, 2014
Deafheaven -- Toronto, Ontario -- November 21st, 2014
Threshold -- London, England -- November 20th, 2014

Old 06-09-2013, 10:18 AM
Tinnitus

Quote:
Originally Posted by John The Drummer View Post
Lars: EY GUYZ! Slayer played two songs offa Hella Waits, we gotta do something to be azz kewl!
Robert: How about we play Kill 'Em All in its entirety?
Whole Band: HAHAHA, You're cute Rob, go back to making your funny faces.
James: How about we play Kill 'Em All in its entirety?
Kirk: GOOD IDEA JAMES!
Robert: But I just....
Whole Band: SHUT UP ROB!!!
So by "Whole Band", is that including Rob.
2/1 August Burns Red
Old 06-09-2013, 03:14 PM
My heart, tears, and prayers go out to the sad, abused, and suffering children of the world!

Footage of the entire performance: http://www.blabbermouth.net/news.asp...sitemID=191040
Old 12-03-2013, 02:57 PM
Banned Asshole

Metallica's Orion music festival won't be back to Belle Isle in 2014

Metallica’s hard rock concert on Belle Isle is going silent.

The Orion Music + More festival will not return to Detroit in 2014, spokeswoman Shelby Meade confirmed today, six months after the two-day event drew an announced 20,000 daily attendance.

“We are simply on a pause for next year,” Meade said.

Texas promoter C3 Presents had a three-year agreement with the City of Detroit, including a first-year payout of $100,000 to the city. The contract gave leeway to either side to end the deal early, city officials told the Free Press earlier this year.

Metallica, which headlined an Orion lineup that included Red Hot Chili Peppers and Deftones, has in recent days announced a string of European tour dates for summer 2014.

The Belle Isle Conservancy was alerted to Metallica’s decision about two weeks ago, said board member Vance Patrick.

“They said it just didn’t go the way they expected it to,” said Patrick. “It’s unfortunate.”

Patrick said conservancy members were disappointed by the promoter’s restoration efforts on Belle Isle’s athletic fields, which it had agreed to restore to like-new condition. He said holes from equipment and trenches from heavy vehicles remain.

Still, the City of Detroit did not view that as a deal-breaker, Patrick said.

“Metallica quit on us — we didn’t quit on them,” he said.

C3 representatives declined comment on further Free Press questions.

Band members had emphasized ahead of the festival that they viewed Orion as a long-term investment, saying they were braced for several years of financial losses to get the event established.

“At the end of the day, it’s not about us making money,” lead singer James Hetfield said at a pre-fest news media event. “It’s about creating some sort of mark in history.”
Old 12-03-2013, 03:22 PM
Tinnitus

Quote:
Originally Posted by detuned View Post
“At the end of the day, it’s not about us making money,” lead singer James Hetfield said at a pre-fest news media event.
2/1 August Burns Red
Old 12-03-2013, 03:33 PM
SADISTIC, MAGICIAN

Those numbers are literally a fraction of what they get each night everywhere else in the world when not doing indoor arenas, and very low for the kind of turnover a festival of that size would need. I can't blame them for deciding to recoup the losses through a European tour.
Old 12-03-2013, 03:38 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextrimental View Post
Those numbers are literally a fraction of what they get each night everywhere else in the world when not doing indoor arenas, and very low for the kind of turnover a festival of that size would need. I can't blame them for deciding to recoup the losses through a European tour.
This, honestly they mentioned before that it wasn't working out for them financially. I would have to put the blame on part of the lineup. If they had done a festival with more rock and metal acts it may have sold better. Look at festivals like Rock on the Range, Carolina Rebellion, Aftershock, etc. those all do well every year with bands alot less popular than Metallica. You can't expect fans of Metallica to be enthused about a festival with Modest Mouse and Bassnectar. They overshot the whole thing. When it was in Atlantic City it did pretty well, but they waited months to announce heavier acts. The initial lineup was pretty disappointing and like apparently many others I didn't bother with it. They could easily do a festival and make alot of money, just do one that Metallica fans would actually want to see.
Old 12-03-2013, 03:56 PM
Banned Asshole

save for the handful of electronic acts, i think the 2013 lineup was a bit more in line with what metallica fans would probably want to see (lets be honest, at this point the average metallica fan is probably more general rock than metal). probably could be argued that the location, lack of bigger names, and metallica not headlining the second night were just as much a detriment as the perceived appeal or lack thereof of the lineup.
Old 12-03-2013, 04:02 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by detuned View Post
save for the handful of electronic acts, i think the 2013 lineup was a bit more in line with what metallica fans would probably want to see (lets be honest, at this point the average metallica fan is probably more general rock than metal). probably could be argued that the location, lack of bigger names, and metallica not headlining the second night were just as much a detriment as the perceived appeal or lack thereof of the lineup.
Like I said look at RotR, one day last year had Alice in Chains, Soundgarden, Bush, Ghost, Lamb of God, Device, In This Moment, Sevendust, Steel Panther, etc.

Some variety, but enough appeal to draw a large crowd
Old 12-04-2013, 06:56 PM
N00B

Orion Fest in Detroit drew 20k each night? That's the same as Metallica can get on some arena tours themselves.

They completely missed the boat on that one.

AC the year before I think was about 35k the first night and 25-30k the second.
Old 12-04-2013, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattlion View Post
Orion Fest in Detroit drew 20k each night? That's the same as Metallica can get on some arena tours themselves.

They completely missed the boat on that one.

AC the year before I think was about 35k the first night and 25-30k the second.
You're less likely to get murdered in Atlantic City than Detroit.