Sadistic Intent -- Downey, CA -- December 21st, 2013
Thy Art Is Murder -- Sydney, Australia -- December 19th, 2014
Intronaut -- West Hollywood, CA -- December 19th, 2014
Cannabis Corpse -- Chicago, IL -- December 17th, 2014
Kreator -- London, England -- December 18th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 06-06-2013, 12:04 AM
MAN IS NOT ALONE IN THIS WORLD AND MANKIND IS NOT COMPLETELY ABSURD

With June 6th coming up tomorrow I felt like I needed to re-bump an old thread....

Man, I will cherish this concert for the rest of my life. Hands down, one of the best shows I have ever had the pleasure of attending. It was awesome being in the front rail right next to jeff hanneman for the first seven songs of the set. I ended up bouncing out of the front rail during the middle of "expendable youth" because it got way too fucking intense for me. I ended up chilling for the remainder of the show a couple of feet away from the rail, but still having a smashing good time.

With the recent passing of Jeff Hanneman it makes me have a new found love and appreciation for this epic concert. I had one of the best times ever and Slayer blew me away with their performance of my favorite Slayer record.

Seasons in the abyss was my first "old school" Slayer album and it ended up being my all time favorite from the band. It was such a treat to hear my favorite slayer album be performed right in front of my very own eyes. Tom, kerry,dave, and ESPECIALLY JEFF brought it to the fucking table. I remember jeffs guitar being omega loud and a bizzlian times louder than kerrys. It was awesome..

August 30th 2010 at the Long Beach Arena will always stay forever intact in my memory bank till the day i collapse and die.

I will cherish this show for the rest of my life.

R.I.P Jeff

r.i.p. slayer.

God damn i love how loud jeffs guitar is in this video. I'm very happy I was apart of this incredible show.

happy national slayer day. we love you jeff..

11/14 - Slayer
Old 06-06-2013, 12:05 AM
Close your eyes forget your name

Amen bro, I saw that tour in Denver and it was the first time I saw Slayer; Testament and Megadeth were good but Slayer brought the house down

Seasons is also my favorite album and I shit my pants when I heard it would be played in full (Having Megadeth play Rust in Peace, my favorite album from them was icing on the cake)

I was on Jeff's side of the show and the sound was great it was pure ecstasy for not only to hear the classics off Seasons- War Ensemble, Dead Skin Mask and the Title track, hearing those other songs that were rarely played like Expendable Youth, Blood Red, Spirit in Black and Skeletons of Society was awesome.

In 2011 I had a blast at the Big 4 in Indio, CA. I thought Slayer owned the night, but it didn't feel the same without Jeff up there. Gary did a great job filling in, no way am I dissing on him, but it wasn't quite the same. Then Jeff came up for the last two songs and I remember the place went nuts when they saw him up there (Do you remember I texted you that and you were like "WTF are you talking about). Even though Jeff couldn't really play because of his arm it was inspiring to see him get up there and try. That will be my lasting memory of Jeff, fighting through pain (I have to image) to play for the fans

RIP Jeff, and happy international Slayer day

Also- I got my Jeff shirt in the mail today
Old 06-06-2013, 12:18 AM
MAN IS NOT ALONE IN THIS WORLD AND MANKIND IS NOT COMPLETELY ABSURD

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisposableJustice View Post
(Do you remember I texted you that and you were like "WTF are you talking about)
ahahah yeah i remember that perfectly. It's too bad i didn't actually see him on stage or had any clue that he was on stage performing, but at least it feels good to know that I went nuts in the pit while he was on stage performing the last two songs of the set. It was great meeting you at the Big Four and i'm glad we both got to witness jeff hannemans last performance with slayer. I'm even more happy that I got to witness Jeff Hannneman on his last REAL tour with slayer during the American Carnage tour. I will never forget both of these shows for as long as I live
11/14 - Slayer
Old 06-06-2013, 12:24 AM

Man, I still regret not making the trip to Edmonton during the Canadian Carnage leg of the tour.
Old 06-07-2013, 09:35 AM
When your grabbing ass with your friends...

And this is how I will remember him as well. I took this at the KC show that Manky was at as well.
Old 06-07-2013, 10:05 AM
Close your eyes forget your name

Quote:
Originally Posted by 300%_Density View Post

And this is how I will remember him as well. I took this at the KC show that Manky was at as well.

Awesome pic!
Old 06-07-2013, 10:07 AM
When your grabbing ass with your friends...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisposableJustice View Post

Awesome pic!
Only non-baseball player I know of that can make shin guards still look cool.
Old 06-07-2013, 04:06 PM
Kvlt,Grim,Frostbitten,and Grindage

Ahh this day was great
1/23-Harm's Way/Disgrace

Tags
megadeth, slayer, testament