This I Love
Used to Love Her
Motivation (Tommy Stinson song)
Dizzy Reed Piano Solo
Catcher in the Rye
You Could Be Mine
DJ Ashba Guitar Solo
Sweet Child O' Mine
Another Brick in the Wall Part 2 (with Axl on piano)
Axl Rose Piano Solo
November Rain
Objectify (Bumblefoot cover)
Don't Cry
Civil War
Knockin' on Heaven's Door
Jam
Nightrain

Encore:
Jam
Patience
The Seeker (The Who cover)
Jam
Paradise City

Awesome show!!! The first time since 1992 that GnR has played here. Which was also the last time I saw them. No issues with Axl being late at all. The opening band Monster Truck, a blues based rock band from Hamilton, Ontario ended a little after 930. There was a very quick change over and about five minutes after 10 GnR hit the stage and played until almost 1am.

Axl was in great form last night. Since it had been so long since I saw them last I wasn't sure if age slowed down what he did on stage. It hasn't, as he was running around the stage and doing all his signature stage moves the whole show and his voice was sounding great during it to. A few rough spots for him vocally but overall he did a hell of a job. If anyone has any doubts about who Axl has picked to be in this "new" version of the band, this show will kill those doubts immediately. He's got a very talented group of musicians with him and they play all the old material true to how the songs were originally. So fans don't have to worry about some new guy playing Slash's parts and ruining them because the new dude put his own twist on it. Now, I'm not a huge fan of solos/jams at concerts. I prefer a band to get out there and play their songs with no BS in between. But the way GnR does the solos and jams is different. They weren't pointless like a lot of bands do and they actually have a nice groove to them and it would easily transition into the next song. Bands should take a lesson from these guys on how to incorporate jams and solos into the set and make it seem natural and not boring.

I guess this show ran a little past some people's bed time. The last hour of the show saw a decent amount of people leave. The gate opened at 8 and the opening band didn't come on until around nine. You think that would give people the idea ahead of time that this was gonna be a late one? My friend who I went with had to be into work at 630 this morning and even he was wondering why people were leaving early and not getting their money's worth out of the show? It was great to hear my two favorite songs from them Estranged and Civil War. Definitely the two highlights of the show for me along with the stuff from Appetite. Everything sounded great though. People didn't seem to react too much to the Chinese Democracy material though. The four songs they did were some of the better songs from it. I like the album but I don't think it will ever get fully accepted into the fan base.

The venue was great. This is the second year they've had concerts at the Buffalo outer harbor. This was my first time attending a show there and it's just a stage set up on the open grass right on the shore of Lake Erie. It's a great place to have shows at. I will be seeing Alice Cooper there next week. Hopefully this thing is a success and they can bring in more bands each summer who haven't been here in awhile like they did with GnR.

Last edited by Sanitarium78; 06-06-2013 at 01:29 PM.
Old 06-06-2013, 08:33 AM
You can't save me any more than you can save yourself, so stop fucking trying

I'd bug out for Estranged too, probably my favorite G'n'R song. I can remember when Muchmusic played the fuck out of that video and I never got tired of it.
10/18 -- King Diamond
11/01 -- Suffocation
Old 06-06-2013, 12:06 PM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamclark52 View Post
I'd bug out for Estranged too, probably my favorite G'n'R song. I can remember when Muchmusic played the fuck out of that video and I never got tired of it.
It was the same with MTV in the states. They pretty much played the shit out of every GnR video from '87-'94. The fact that the videos for November Rain and Estranged were shown full length all the time really gives people an idea of how big and untouchable the band was 20 something years ago. It's was rare that bands were allowed to get away with ten minute hit songs at that point in time. But they were so huge that people only cared about them being great songs and not how long they were.
Old 06-06-2013, 02:54 PM
Fuck you.

Mods, pls change title to "The Axl Rose Experience"
Old 06-06-2013, 03:29 PM
My heart, tears, and prayers go out to the sad, abused, and suffering children of the world!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PVH5150 View Post
I hope he does a huge USA tour and it has to be canceled because of lack of ticket sales. I'd love to see that loser Axel and his huge fucking ego completely destroyed.
Old 06-06-2013, 03:44 PM
N00B

How are shows at the Harbor? People on top of people or can you move around a bit?
How big was the crowd for GNR? Traffice getting out? Might go to Cooper next week
Old 06-06-2013, 03:45 PM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Does the same go for any Black Sabbath setlists posted one here when Iommi was the only original member of the band? How about the new Alice In Chains? Anthrax setlists from when John Bush was the vocalist? Do they change the names of all those as well?

No matter what you think this is Guns N Roses now. I grew up with the original band but I still consider this version to be GNR as well. It's the name that pays the bills and as long as people are willing to see them why shouldn't Axl carry on with that name? Bands members come and go a lot in the music world. Unfortunately nothing can be done to bring the old GNR back together. So we've gotta take what we can get and right now this is the only incarnation of the band we will see.
Old 06-06-2013, 03:54 PM
Fuck you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanitarium78 View Post
Does the same go for any Black Sabbath setlists posted one here when Iommi was the only original member of the band? How about the new Alice In Chains? Anthrax setlists from when John Bush was the vocalist? Do they change the names of all those as well?

No matter what you think this is Guns N Roses now. I grew up with the original band but I still consider this version to be GNR as well. It's the name that pays the bills and as long as people are willing to see them why shouldn't Axl carry on with that name? Bands members come and go a lot in the music world. Unfortunately nothing can be done to bring the old GNR back together. So we've gotta take what we can get and right now this is the only incarnation of the band we will see.
Release your anus tension. It was in reference to the Slayer/Tom & Kerry Experience thread from yesterday.
Old 06-06-2013, 03:56 PM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by fonzbear2000 View Post
I hope he does a huge USA tour and it has to be canceled because of lack of ticket sales. I'd love to see that loser Axel and his huge fucking ego completely destroyed.
You mean you didn't get your fill of Axl's ego being destroyed when everybody quit on him back in the mid 90s?

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowdog2112 View Post
How are shows at the Harbor? People on top of people or can you move around a bit?
How big was the crowd for GNR? Traffice getting out? Might go to Cooper next week
It's a really good location. Both the set up and sound are good. If you're close to the stage it looks like it would be a bit cramped but overall there's lots of room there and you can move around pretty well. There's a nice cool breeze off the lake so you're not getting all hot and sweaty. It actually makes watching a show a very comfortable experience.

I would say the crowd was around 6,000-7,000. The concert area itself looks like it can hold about 10,000. The traffic was fine getting in and out, no major slow downs really. Last year they had some problems with traffic backing up on the skyway but this year they came up with a decent plan to stretch the traffic out and make it flow decently. You should go to Cooper, if for nothing else then to at least experience what a show is like at this location. Plus, the tickets are only $20 so why the hell not?

Last edited by Sanitarium78; 06-06-2013 at 04:30 PM.
Old 06-06-2013, 04:03 PM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Release your anus tension. It was in reference to the Slayer/Tom & Kerry Experience thread from yesterday.

I didn't read that thread until after the title was changed to Slayer. Totally missed that joke when it was first posted. I thought you were trying to turn this into another "is this really GNR or not?" debates.

Tags
guns n roses