Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Overkill -- West Springfield, VA -- September 11th, 2014
ProgPower USA Kick-Off -- Atlanta, GA -- September 11th, 2014
ProgPower USA XV Day 2 -- Atlanta, GA -- September 13th, 2014
ProgPower USA XV Day 1 -- Atlanta, GA -- September 12th, 2014
Samhain -- Chicago, IL -- September 13th, 2014


Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #11  
Old 06-05-2013, 10:44 PM
kngdymond kngdymond is offline
N00B
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 71
better than nothing

I guess slayer Tom and Kerry should pack it up cause daves quit the band like 6 times now ( I was at the show here in hollywood in 87 when he bailed the first time) and seen as many shows over the years with him as without

As for Jeff he had been drinking hard for a long time and it caught up to him
plain and simple he had been out of the band for 2 years plus. He seems to have isolated himself as addicts tend to do its sad really cause he started all of this music we all love

the fact is with Gary and Paul they are a sick ass unit PERIOD
hate away but as noted above its better than nothing

JEFF RIP
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 06-05-2013, 10:45 PM
jhdeity's Avatar
jhdeity jhdeity is offline
Headbanger
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Pasadena, MD
Posts: 3,107
HALLOWED POINT!
__________________
9/27 - Clutch
10/24 - Judas Priest & Steel Panther
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 06-05-2013, 11:22 PM
mankvill's Avatar
mankvill mankvill is offline
Pop Punk > Slipknot and Y&T
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Kansas
Posts: 21,825
Blog Entries: 19
finish this tour, do a farewell show and hang it up

in a perfect world, that's what would happen.
__________________
09/14 - Citizen
09/17 - Mineral
09/18 - Clutch
09/19 - BMTH
09/20 - Fuzz and Fire 2
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 06-05-2013, 11:36 PM
MetalIsArt's Avatar
MetalIsArt MetalIsArt is offline
Long live Ronnie James Dio
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Dendermonde, Flanders
Posts: 2,966
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisposableJustice View Post
Hmmm pretty good, I find the lack of Hell Awaits a no-no

Would love to hear some Paul era stuff, like DI, Killing fields, and my favorite of that era: 213
Yeah dude, I've been listening to Diabolus quite a lot lately.
__________________
Music is my life - Everything from ADELE to Napalm Death.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 06-06-2013, 03:53 AM
hellawaits77ny's Avatar
hellawaits77ny hellawaits77ny is offline
The cameras are whores for the daily bloodshed.
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Upstate, NY
Posts: 3,739
Blog Entries: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisposableJustice View Post
Hmmm pretty good, I find the lack of Hell Awaits a no-no

Would love to hear some Paul era stuff, like DI, Killing fields, and my favorite of that era: 213
No Hell Awaits makes Hellawaits77 a sad panda.

Erotic sensations tingle my spine. A dead body lying next mine. Fuck yeah w/ the DI tunes. SEX.MURDER.ART - always thought that would be a sick opener.

And I know DIM is largely disliked, but I wouldn't mind seeing more tunes from it since Paul is back. Was cool they played Bitter Peace back in '07 (and maybe since, can't remember) and that they brought back Stain of Mind. Flame if you feel it's neccessary, but In The Name of God is probably one of my top 10-15 Slayer tunes. I mean, Slayer essentially has 10ish songs they play every show (or nearly every). Wouldn't mind seeing some of them go for rare tunes.
__________________
youtube.com/user/hellawaits77NY

11/03-Suffocation, Kataklysm (?)
11/25-Slayer (?)
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 06-06-2013, 03:53 AM
hellawaits77ny's Avatar
hellawaits77ny hellawaits77ny is offline
The cameras are whores for the daily bloodshed.
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Upstate, NY
Posts: 3,739
Blog Entries: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by mankvill View Post
finish this tour, do a farewell show and hang it up

in a perfect world, that's what would happen.
Yep. In a truly perfect world, Dave would be behind the kit.
__________________
youtube.com/user/hellawaits77NY

11/03-Suffocation, Kataklysm (?)
11/25-Slayer (?)
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 06-06-2013, 05:59 AM
MetalIsArt's Avatar
MetalIsArt MetalIsArt is offline
Long live Ronnie James Dio
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Dendermonde, Flanders
Posts: 2,966
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellawaits77ny View Post
Yep. In a truly perfect world, Dave would be behind the kit.
But he isn't. It's not his fault Kerry is a dick, but Bostaph is a perfect replacement, better than Hoglan.
__________________
Music is my life - Everything from ADELE to Napalm Death.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 06-06-2013, 07:08 AM
Sepultura69's Avatar
Sepultura69 Sepultura69 is offline
MAN IS NOT ALONE IN THIS WORLD AND MANKIND IS NOT COMPLETELY ABSURD
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Planet Caravan
Posts: 3,535
In a perfect world they should kick out gary holt and replace him with andreas kisser, replace tom araya on bass with Paulo xisto Jr. Have Tom do strictly vocals and change the name of the band to Sepulslayer....OR Slayertulla

That way they can do both slayer, and sepultura covers. lolz, raining blood followed by refuse-resist...
__________________
8/31 - Sleep
10/19 - D.R.I
11/10 - Judas Priest
11/14 - Slayer
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 06-06-2013, 07:18 AM
MetalIsArt's Avatar
MetalIsArt MetalIsArt is offline
Long live Ronnie James Dio
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Dendermonde, Flanders
Posts: 2,966
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizard in Black 666 View Post
In a perfect world they should kick out gary holt and replace him with andreas kisser, replace tom araya on bass with Paulo xisto Jr. Have Tom do strictly vocals and change the name of the band to Sepulslayer....OR Slayertulla

That way they can do both slayer, and sepultura covers. lolz, raining blood followed by refuse-resist...
In a truly perfect world, Sepultura would reunite. And not work with Robinson.

__________________
Music is my life - Everything from ADELE to Napalm Death.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 06-06-2013, 08:24 AM
El Gordo's Avatar
El Gordo El Gordo is offline
May you go marching in three-measure time, dressed up as asses and drunk to the nines...
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Ontario, CANADA
Posts: 1,766
Quote:
Originally Posted by kngdymond View Post
I guess slayer Tom and Kerry should pack it up cause daves quit the band like 6 times now ( I was at the show here in hollywood in 87 when he bailed the first time) and seen as many shows over the years with him as without

As for Jeff he had been drinking hard for a long time and it caught up to him
plain and simple he had been out of the band for 2 years plus. He seems to have isolated himself as addicts tend to do its sad really cause he started all of this music we all love

the fact is with Gary and Paul they are a sick ass unit PERIOD
hate away but as noted above its better than nothing

JEFF RIP
To be fair, Jeff was suffering from a flesh-eating disease. I would assume he was pretty depressed and had a lot of time on his hands. He was already a heavy drinker, so the logical thing happened. Anyway, not making excuses, but he was unable to be in the band for 2 years plus.
__________________
I love inside jokes, I'd love to be a part of one some day.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
slayer

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 01:05 AM.


Blah Blah Blah Copyright WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM 2008