Periphery -- Lansing, MI -- September 19th, 2014
Otherwise -- Sturtevant, WI -- September 19th, 2014
Eluveitie -- Baltimore, MD -- September 19th, 2014

Old 05-31-2013, 10:06 AM
I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisposableJustice View Post
http://www.metalinjection.net/latest...-split-sort-of

Of course Dave had to hear about the news online rather than Kerry having the balls to let him know; it seems like with each passing day I lose more and more respect for Slayer

(I guess I should say Kerry, cause he is Slayer right now)

If anything good comes out of this, Dave can now do more stuff with PHILM and other projects; I will start to check out PHILM and whatever projects Dave does in the future
Who knew Slayer would end up with less integrity than no-Bill Sabbath?
Old 05-31-2013, 03:49 PM
May you go marching in three-measure time, dressed up as asses and drunk to the nines...

Wow that's brutal. I'm glad my band never went anywhere, I'm still friends with those guys.
Old 06-01-2013, 06:32 AM
Meanwhile, behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyD View Post
Who knew Slayer would end up with less integrity than no-Bill Sabbath?
Except Sabbath made the right choice...

25/9 Andrew O'Neill
8/10 Jex Thoth
13/10 The Skull
Old 11-16-2013, 07:47 PM
MAN IS NOT ALONE IN THIS WORLD AND MANKIND IS NOT COMPLETELY ABSURD

"Dave left the band originally in '91 or '92. After that we brought in John Dette for two years and then we hooked up with Paul, who did four really great albums with us. Then he decided to move on. Our manager hooked us up with Dave again, and when we were putting together [2006's] Christ Illusion, Dave offered to help out. We wanted to make things fair for him, so we offered him a contract with the band. Most recently, we were offered to tour Australia. When we were rehearsing, he seemed to do a 180 and said some things that kind of upset me and Kerry. Kerry just looked at him and said, "If you feel that way, then why are we even rehearsing for this tour?" So we wrote him a letter and said, "Listen, we need to know if you're going to do the shows in Australia. If you're not, we need to do something about that." We didn't get a reply. We were put in a position where we had to do something, so we got John Dette to play with us again.

After what happened with the Australia tour, we made the decision to move forward and make him aware that we no longer needed his services. He was really upset about that. He wrote a rant on Facebook. He said some things that he shouldn't have. It really upset us. And it upset me. I was fuming. I couldn't believe that he would throw that out in the court of public opinion. After that, Jeff, me, and Kerry all got on the phone and talked about it. And Paul's name came up. It was a sure thing with Paul. He'd been in the band for over 12 years. So we gave him a call to see if he was interested and he was more than happy to. It was a no-brainer. He's an amazing drummer." - Tom Araya

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/sla...eft-me-fuming/

Kind of fucked up that Dave didn't respond to their emails about the Australian show. Guess they had to do what they had to do.
11/14 - Slayer
Old 11-17-2013, 10:27 AM
The cameras are whores for the daily bloodshed.

As usual, there's 2 sides to every story. Will probably never know the complete truth.

11/03-Suffocation, Kataklysm (?)
11/25-Slayer (?)
Old 11-17-2013, 10:59 AM
SADISTIC, MAGICIAN

Dave always came across as the dick in this story to me. All of a sudden, he kicked up a stink. Why now?

Anyway, seen them with Paul, and it was the best performance I've seen in the five times I've seen them. Spot on completely. Dave is replaceable, and as such, he was replaced. Fuck him.
Old 11-17-2013, 02:55 PM
MAN IS NOT ALONE IN THIS WORLD AND MANKIND IS NOT COMPLETELY ABSURD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextrimental View Post
seen them with Paul, and it was the best performance I've seen in the five times I've seen them. Spot on completely.
I just recently saw them as well with Paul and I thought the band sounded fucking great. Do I have mixed feelings about the current line up of Slayer? Hell yes. Would I still go see them? Well, after recently seeing them twice in a row with Paul and Holt I can safely say hell yes.
11/14 - Slayer
Old 11-17-2013, 06:18 PM
Play it loud, don't play it low

I think Tom has the timeline messed up. They got Bostaph first then he left around the time of Undisputed Attitude. Dette came in for a bit and then Bostaph was back for Diabolus.
Old 11-17-2013, 07:15 PM
One who onions things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextrimental View Post
Dave always came across as the dick in this story to me. All of a sudden, he kicked up a stink. Why now?

Anyway, seen them with Paul, and it was the best performance I've seen in the five times I've seen them. Spot on completely. Dave is replaceable, and as such, he was replaced. Fuck him.
Dave is primarily at fault when it comes to the issue IMO. He's left the band three times now, and never really wrote any songs. He is however the best drummer Slayer have had, or will ever have. Yeah, Paul's a tighter time keeper but Dave has got that magic energy and drive that no other thrash drummer can replicate. Not to mention, Paul's never been anywhere near as good at the double kick as Dave is. Anyone who's seen a video of Angel of Death played by Bostaph should know that.

If anything, this is my theory on their recent live shows- I think having to rigorously rehearse a fresh set together (since Bostaph was back for the first time in forever) made the band tighter, not Bostaph himself. With Dave they had probably grown too comfortable of a unit live. I honestly wish that they had hired Jon Dette, dude was killing it on that Australian tour and he did an amazing job with Anthrax on the Metal Alliance tour. His only flaw was that he didn't have Dave or Paul's endurance, but I think he could have fixed that with the same amount of rehearsal that Paul got.
Satan/Slough Feg - 10/25
King Diamond - 8/31
Judas Priest - 11/16

Last edited by Onioner; 11-17-2013 at 07:17 PM.